jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Spelling Problems

1. Edwin Clark profile image84
    Edwin Clarkposted 4 years ago

What words do you have a brain freeze remembering how to spell? For me, I always seem to mess up convienent, refridgerator, recieve, and buisiness. Thank goodness for spell checker!

1. 0
      Deborah Sextonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I can't think of any at this time, but I have a couple that I always have to look up.

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
        Dave Mathewsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

None but I do have a problem remembering the definitions.

2. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Love this thread, right up my alley

2. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

The one word that always gets me is surprisingly. I can write it out over and over again, and still spell it wrong.

3. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

I don't have a problem with the spellings but when I type I often type hte for the smile Just the speed of typing and coordination at that moment go out big_smile

4. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

One of my greatest bugbears is pharmacopoeia, also my fingers insist on typing ration every time I want to type ratio.

My mind sometimes thinks ahead of what I am typing, so I end up with strange fusions of two words.

5. sam91 profile image60
    sam91posted 4 years ago

Definitely is the word. I always get and error when I type and I don't seem to grasp the correction. : )

6. 0
    The Writers Dogposted 4 years ago

The problem I have is that every time that I write a Hub, it ends up full of words with red underlining.
    Why? Because I speak and write in English.

7. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

I live forty minutes away from "Cincinatti," but I tend to confuse my GPS whenever I need to go there. I've even tried to create a mnemonic device, but a couple of weeks later I realized I was using it to remember the wrong spelling, so I gave up.