jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Huge Drop in Adsense Unit Views

1. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

For some reason my AdSense unit views have dropped to almost nothing. However, I'm still receiving the usual amount of traffic.

http://i.imgur.com/5J4mh.png

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Edit: Before the HubPages witch-hunt begins, I do want to state that, at this time, this appears to be a glitch in reporting in Analytics and not an issue with HubPages.

I logged into AdSense and my numbers appear normal over there. I am curious, however, if others are seeing a similar glitch in Analytics and am wondering about possible causes (in my own human error), not problems in Google code... because we could be here all night guessing at Google source code. tongue

However, if someone DOES have their hands on Google source code, feel free to pass me the page on the search algorithm. tongue

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'd never looked at the section 'Adsense Ad Units Viewed' before, but mine are the same as yours. They went from several 100 a day down to 1 from the 24th March onwards.

2. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same here.

BTW I have the Google algorithm right here - once I've taken a full look at it and revised all my hubs accordingly, I'll be selling it to the highest bidder! yikes

Interest snippet:

If URL="*hubpages*" then
         ROFWL
         LOL
         Ranking Page = Ranking Page + rnd(20)
      End If
      If Ranking Page <=3 then Ranking Page = 3000.

Hmmmmmm

1. lobobrandon profile image82
        lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I got a better one smile (In C# programming though wink

if(URL=="Hubpages")
        Page 10
        else
        sandbox
        break()

2. diogenes profile image83
    diogenesposted 5 years ago

Hi gang:  Mine have remained about the same...only about 20 bucks a month, but fairly steady.  Have you thought it might be the economy?  Few have money to spend on frippary.

??

Melbel is saying the adsense part is fine and the problem is with Analytics.. She hasn't even spoken about earnings!

Mine seem normal Melbel

3. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

With Google new search algorithm,I cant help wonder if they aren't suffering any lost revenue as we are?

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe the quarter after Panda was introduced, they reported record ad revenues....

Isn't that obvious? Most articles with just ads ranked higher and people were forced to click on the ads!!

4. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

My earnings haven't changed. For that matter it's a little higher than last month and this month isn't even over yet. I don't understand what the 'Adsense Ad Units Viewed' is all about. As long as earnings don't drop, that's all I care about.

Melbel, it must be a glitch in your reports. I would think that if views drop then earnings should drop too.

Its not always necessary that a decrease in views results in a decrease in earnings and the other way round isn't applicable as well..

It depends on the CTR as well as CPC

2. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My earnings haven't dropped and I have the same issue as Melbel. In fact, the first day mine dropped to 1 was my highest earning Adsense day this year (not that that's much these days).

5. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

My graph is similar to yours, Mel.. except the blue part is thinner.. much much thinner.  sad

6. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

My earnings are the same, so it almost HAS to be a glitch in analytics reporting.

7. profile image0
    excellasysposted 5 years ago

By any chance did you turn the Hub Pages Ad's on around this time.

working