Re adsense showing in analytics

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Eileen Hughes profile image63
    Eileen Hughesposted 14 years ago

I have 3 sites in analytics, my main one is hubpages that shows adsense earnings
    I have a blog which doesnt show adsense earnings
    and I have another site which does not show adsense earnings

I have linked them all so that you can see them in analytics but the last two do not show my earnings in there.

What am I missing.  Ok yes not too cluey in the head but just cannot find out why these other two do not show adsense earnings.
    Has anyone any ideas for this old girl.
    Thanks in advance  tar

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you placed Adsense ads on your blogs?

Are you sure you've got them set up correctly, with your Adsense code in them?

Eileen Hughesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes marissa,  these are earning on adsense, and show as earnings on adsense  so codes all in and working ok.

Hubpages showing on analytics,

Just not showing my other sites earnings on analytics. And all codes in and linked.  And have put codes into other sites too.  Evidently there are a few people that this is happening to.  We all have same problems.

Eileen, I'm still a bit confused.  So you 're saying you can see earnings on those two blogs when you look in your Adsense account, but not when you look in Analytics?

And you're saying you can also see the two blogs on the front page of Analytics?

Did you paste the new Analytics code into those sites when you coordinated your Adsense and Analytics?

In the Overview section, click on Edit Adsense linking settings next to your account name at the top.

2. jacobkuttyta profile image43
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

I am also looking for an answer to the same

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Have you got them down as channels in adsense?

Adsense setup -> channels -> add new custom channels ?

I think this might be what you mean.

No I have done that with every article that I write.  when it gets to 200 in adsense channels   I delete some of the ones that are no earning and add the new ones.

They all show up in analytics.  Everything else works in alalytics, like I can see what keywords, and where it came from  it is just not showing how much each article is earning.  so I cannot see how much $ per 1000 I get either.
      It just seems weird.

4. Michael Madden profile image69
    Michael Maddenposted 14 years ago

Frankly, I'm beginning to believe that hubpages is ripping us off when it comes to adsense.

I have one hub that has 7909 page views in the two years that it has been up, and hub pages would like me to believe that not one single person clicked on an ad in that time.

After just checking my history in adsense, the report showed that no earnings for referral fees from my hub page in all that time.

Everything is set up properly and reporting as active, so it's not like the mistake was made on my end.

1. Origin profile image61
      Originposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Since they show their adsense a % of the time, it is hypothetically possible, although very remote, that they could have been the ones showing it during the clicking.

I know my Adsense works, it's working fine and dandy!

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

I can see a few possible reasons for that.

First, have you checked to see what ads show?   When I look at the Hub, the ads are not relevant.  If I'd been searching for how to be a sports broadcaster, I'd have no reason to click on the ads presented.  That's either because your keywords aren't clear enough, or maybe there are no advertisers offering training or jobs for broadcasters.

Second, you offer several links in your Hub.  They're all broken but I can see people clicking on them instead of clicking on ads.

Hi marissa, I can understand what you are saying and agree with it.

But I am not concerned with earnings in this case

What I am TRYING TO WORK OUT IS THE EARNING THAT I AM GETTING ar not showing on my analytics

As stated earlier they do with hubpages, but not on my blogs nor other sites that have all been put inthe chanels on adsense and show up there as earnings.  But not on my analytics.  And I have linked them all so they should show up.

Can you see where I am coming from?  I appreciate all your help thats for sure.  cheers.

3. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1) you only have a single hub and it gets maybe 8 views per day.  That's not much traffic at all.

2) many of the links in that hub are broken.  That can't be helpful.

3) why would anyone reading about becoming a sports broadcaster need to buy anything? (that's what ad clicking really is about... Shopping behavior)

1. LarasMama profile image61
        LarasMamaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. If you go for a target audience who are savvy to ads (such as younger folk) you won't get as many clicks. I get the most hits from my computer type hubs but few clicks. But hubs that aren't directed at people with computer smarts, that get less hits, get a higher click rate.

4. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You need to get way more traffic.

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

I thought the hubs went under url channels as opposed to custom channels. I can see what my blogs are earning.

Actually, scrub that - my blogs are listed under url channels, so that's not what you are looking for...

izzyM , yes mine are all listed under url chanels.  And they show up for hubpages in analytics but not the other ones.  They all show up in adsense earnings.
      But I mean in the analytics adsence under I think from memory content

6. Super Chef profile image60
    Super Chefposted 14 years ago

Hi Eileen log into analytics on the top left of the home page should be a heading view reports with a dropdown menu to the right of this are your additional websites showing here if not you will have to go to account settings and add them here. Hope this helps

1. Super Chef profile image60
      Super Chefposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry what I meant was come down the page and click on add website profile enter the details of your other  website and then it will give you a tracking code you will have to install on your website to allow analytics to track, repeat this again for the second website and you should start to see results in analytics as from tommorrow.

7. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

bookmarking this for later because I think I'm having the same issue. I can view earnings for my hubs and website under adsense. That part is fine.

Under analytics, I have adsense reporting enabled for both, but only my adsense earnings on HP are displayed, my personal website displays my earnings as $0.00 under analytics, but not under the adsense site. Weird!

girly,  that is my problem exactly.  under (analytics settings)click on the left had top of the page do you have the green ticks on your sites on that page.

mine are all linked did you link yours together.

8. Eileen Hughes profile image63

Sorry folks but i think you are all missing something.

Marissa, yes all three sites are showing in analytics
    and under settings they all show with the green ticks I would say that means that they all working and I went through the linking system so they are all linked into analytics.

hubpages is the main one so I can see everything in that.

the other two I can see everything except the adsense earnings
    it does not show any form of adsense $$$ earnings in those two. And I know that one is definitely earning money and has done for about six months.
    I just wanted to see which one is earning what.  I know I can see it in adsense  but not the same details as in analytics.
    Hope this explains my problem better.  Someone said that others are having same problems,  and that it is just a tweaking problem.   I need that tweaking ..... Sorry if I havent explained it enough.  But I really do not know how else to say the same thing.

9. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

To the original poster - when you set up adsense linked to Analytics you should at some point see a screen where you choose your main account, and which sites you want to link. After this you will be given code which you need to insert in to your other sites, otherwise teh earnings will not be tracked.

Oli, she's done that.  And actually, I've done it too - and I've just checked, and I have exactly the same problem.

All the sites show correctly on the Adsense linking page on Analytics, and the code is pasted in correctly and Analytics is correctly tracking traffic - but there's no income showing in Analytics, except for my prime site (HubPages).

Marissa, thank you so much..... I was starting to think no one could see where I am coming from...

Actually  when I relinked my articles I lost all my earnings even from info because my adsense id changed to #######  and I had no earnings for over a month.  Nothing at all showed up in adsense...no earnings showed for info......and I started to wonder what had happened.  I went into my account and re installed the correct adsense Id.  and after awhile I got a couple of little cents earned and showing in adsense again.
        then I was told I had to relink all my sites in analytics. 

Hubs was still ok but info analytics end number changed from 2 to 4  the rest of numbers were the same.  so went back to my account at info and put correct no in.

and everything was working again except for showing the earnings.

now when I look in analytics settings  my three sites  show with ending numbers of 1, 2, 4.   I no longer have number 3.   More gremlins  I believe

dont know what happened to number 3 or if there was ev er one not sure now. 

Some of the top gurus must know how or why this happens,  I am just flumaxed.........  Maybe paul deeds, or darkside, or someone with much more wits about them than me can help this old girl work out what is doing this.     Just frustrating.......  Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions though.....

Eileen, this all sounds very peculiar.  I'm not aware that any of my numbers changed when I linked the two accounts together. I hope someone can explain!

10. Eileen Hughes profile image63

Yes I only noticed it after I found the adsense code changed to the ##### and actually hid my number which was unusual.  When I look at it now after ressetting the Id  it shows correctly.

That was when I noticed the analytics end digits changed from ...cant remember but it was different... So I then went into analytics to check and then went back to info and changed the analytics number to match it so it was correct.

After all that,  I waited a few weeks before I started seeing any earnings from info in my adsense.  It was as though someone changed it (gremlins) I put it down to them I certainly did not do it. 
    I only found this out because I had no earnings in adsense from info for a week or so which seemed funny so started looking for reasons why.
    I am earning now so am not even game to add my other blog onto it now.  I do not want to upset the apple cart.... cheers thanks marissa for all your help.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)