jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Google correction to the latest updates?

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago

I personally am holding out for Google to introduce a correction for the latest updates.  There were simply too many people seriously hit last week on here and I really can't believe that the vast majority of them could be classified as spammers(!) 

Of course, if the situation doesn't improve after a month or so, then it might well be worth looking at whether other action can be taken to improve traffic.

Some of the people (wrongly?) hit by updates in December didn't get their traffic back until very recently.  I really hope it doesn't take that long! 

In the meantime, however, I'm going to pursue other projects and keep a relatively low profile on here.  Fingers crossed things will improve soon.

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is getting tougher and tougher to make any kind of living online. So good luck.

PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  Certainly on HubPages. 

I think there is increasing competition generally across the web too, which is part of the problem for both writers and Google.

Maybe I should start making Youtube videos?  A lot of people make good money and Google seems to promote in the SERPS rather than sink them!  big_smile

PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago in reply to this

HubPages also seem to be reacting to the "ads above the fold" issue with a new page design.  That may well help, at least to some degree.

2. dhannyya profile image81
    dhannyyaposted 4 years ago

I feel I am the most afffected one. I have never spammed and never backlinked. My traffic was fully organic. I am frustrated with the recent update

3. shai77 profile image81
    shai77posted 4 years ago

down to 10% of my regular traffic

4. xriotdotbiz profile image45
    xriotdotbizposted 4 years ago

I don't have any spammy links and none from "bad neighborhoods." But I probably did over optimize on keyword anchor text in links when I did write "good content" from other sites.  But who knew? That's what it took and it worked.  What's next?

I guess I am going to have to start over, nothing really I can do for existing Hubs except to try more external links to dilute existing anchor text. Vary anchor text on existing sites where I can.

That $1000 a month Hub Challenge seems like a faraway, fantasy land dream now. More discouraged than angry.