jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

PUTTING GROUPS TOGETHER

1. pennylu profile image60
    pennyluposted 5 years ago

So, I'm new at this and I read the faq on groups but I still don't get how to put them together.  It asks for a title, then you can add titles.  My hubs are listed with an "expand or contract" key.  I don't know how to use that, I guess, because I'm still not getting my posts into the group under the title I gave it.  Can you good folks out there in hubland, help me?  Thank you.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile If you look to the upper right under your name smile a drop down menu opens, scroll to your 'my account', then look to the left side and you will see 'Groups'. It's there you can add a new group, and move your Hubs around. Hope that helps.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

Once you create a few of your own group titles, e.g. recipes, gardening, childcare etc, you simply click on the Hub on your list and drag it into the group you want it in. The expand/collapse box allows you to selectively open a group to see what hubs you have put into it or to add a new hub to it. You can then move these hubs around within the group the same way as you put them into the group by dragging them. Moving them around allows you to determine which of your hubs will show at the end of a hub in blue (see image below), as these will be the hubs before and immediately after where they appear within your group, e.g. if in my gardening group I had a hub called How to Grow Tomatoes, followed by one called How to Grow Carrots followed by one called How to Grow Onions, if I went into the actual hub called How to Grow Carrots, the two hubs shown in blue at the end of the hub would be How to Grow Tomatoes and How to Grow Onions.  Hope this helps.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6642110_f248.jpg

4. pennylu profile image60
    pennyluposted 5 years ago

mistyhorizon2003, thank you so much!  That helped a lot.  I named the group, then added two articles, and I'm pretty sure I did it right now.  I'm very new to hubpages, and not so good at technology but I'm really enjoying this, especially with help from hubbers like you.  Thanks again!

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
      mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome Pennylu, glad to be of help smile

working