jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What is the benefit of putting our hubs in groups?

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

What is the benefit of putting our hubs in groups?

Do visitors see our hub groups?

2. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

The more Hubs that you have, it makes it easier to find them when you are looking for a certain one, or ones. Even if you do not have a lot, it is nice to see what you have in one area and you know what you are writing about mostly. It keeps them from being scattered all over.

1. Nancy Hardin profile image60
      Nancy Hardinposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I would say it's like the categories we had in Squidoo, so that if we want to find a specific lens, for instance, cookie recipes, all our Hubs on that subject are grouped together. It's a convenience for us, basically.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks The Examiner and Nancy

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

No they don't see what groups we have or even a list for all the titles in each group.

Once you assign your hubs to groups, the ones in each group are connected by "previous" and "next" links after the hub. Let's say you write hubs about how to take care of dogs. One is about grooming, one about food, one about choosing the right vet, etc. If someone is trying to learn about how to care for a dog before they get one, they'll find one of your pages. Once they finish reading that hub, they can go right to your next hub about dogs using those links. If those links aren't present, they may not know you have other hubs about dog care to read so they'll go back to the search engine and may not find your other hubs. I'm not sure how often people use those links, but a reader may stay on your pages longer if they can from one to another more easily.

4. GypsyOwl profile image80
    GypsyOwlposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9953553_f260.jpg

There are many benefits. One is for me to see what topics I have already done in a group. I think the best is there is a "previous" and "next" image section that appears on my hub so the reader can easily find related topics in my collection.

I made a screen shot to show you. This is on my GIMP Watermark hub I have added a few of my tutorials to the GIMP Tutorial group so far. When they are all there readers can scroll through each of them.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.

working