jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Brand names

1. Marsei profile image90
    Marseiposted 4 years ago

There were two products that my father-in-law loved, BFI Power and Dr. Tichenor's.  I would like to publish a hub about our experiences with him and those two products.  What are the guidelines about using brand names?  I have no desire to either help or hurt either product, but it's a neat story.  Everything that I would say about either is good and I don't kow why either company would care, but I don't want to have problems.  I would also like to include a photo of an ancient container of BFI Powder.  What are anyone's thoughts?  I have absolutely no affiliation with either product.  I have searched for info about brand names but no come up on anything specific to a hub like this.
    Appreciate any input.
    marsei

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can use brand names

2. Marsei profile image90
    Marseiposted 4 years ago

Thanks for your answer.  Do you or anyone else have any ideas about the photograph of the old container of BFI Powder?  I know I sound paranoid, but I don't want to get anyone going.
    thanks!
    marsei

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, I wrote a hub about a product and took a photograph of that product. I am pretty sure it can be used under fair use, I'm sure they won't mind unless you are attacking them.

1. Marsei profile image90
        Marseiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much.  Well, it's published so.....
        It's very much high praise.  My father-in-law love them both and it's a standing joke in our family. 
        Thank you again. 
        marsei

working