It is confirmed, there is water on the moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (75 posts)
  1. Anna Erwin profile image61
    Anna Erwinposted 14 years ago

Last month I woke up to in the middle of the night to see if I could see Lcross.  I couldn't with my telescope but anyways...

There is water on the moon.  I am in tears because this means so much to us, me.  This changes everything!

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

pretty amazing all right.

colonization is no longer a pipe dream, now that they don't have to go to the expense of transporting water to the moon.

wow.

incredible!!!

2. Neil Sperling profile image59
      Neil Sperlingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course there is water on the moon -- those astronauts had to piss didn't they --- now where do you supposed that water is!

Actually it is interesting - but of no value for society to know at this time in history!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No value?
        They said that about Alaska, too! And look, we got some gold, some oil and Sarah Palin!

1. Neil Sperling profile image59
          Neil Sperlingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now had they found Moonshine ..... now then we would have value!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90

Not to mention the fact that when global warming kicks in... it might be a really nice place.

3. Emilina profile image60
      Emilinaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are right i heard the news too and thought God's creation is perfect with all this rocketing about the world ending in 2012 this discovery of water in the moon as you said changes everything! Let's see the miracle of life evolve in front of our very own eyes isn't great...

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

it is pretty amazing! I just watched it on the news.
    they're speculating that comets pounding into the moon throughout time are the source of the water. really amazing news.

3. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

YES!
    How exciting! smile

4. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Finally a water break on my marathon runs to the moon, I was always so thirsty. Seriously though what a neat find, now if only we could find a way to focus on space exploration instead of, finding new and creative ways to argue with each other.

5. ledefensetech profile image68
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

I've been looking at work being done on a space elevator.  If someone can ever find a way to do it, the costs associated with lofting things into orbit would crash, finally opening doors to colonization of other bodies in the Solar System.  It's only a matter of time.

1. Pr0metheus profile image58
      Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That will be a great day!

6. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

We couldn't have done this thirty years ago? I'm just saying.......

7. skristoff profile image61
    skristoffposted 14 years ago

I've also been following this and I am also super excited.  I'm just afraid I won't see anything come of this in my lifetime (and I'm not that old).

1. profile image0
      Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with that. It's kind of hard to have a meaningful space program when you're spending $500 billion a year on defense.

1. ledefensetech profile image68
        ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's what you get when you put an agency like NASA on the job.  How long did it take Scaled Composites to get up and running?

8. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

You know I've been out of touch for a while.  Is this all really true?

9. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago
  10. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I just read how a few NASA scientists have dug up results that showed some moon rock samples taken back in 1969 showed water, but due to prevailing scientific beliefs at the time, the scientists who analyzed them back then just chalked up the results as due to contamination by the astronauts who collected them.

1. The Rope profile image60
      The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There was actually a little flurry back in '69 about it but it was discounted as soon as it hit the news.  Of course a lot in '69 and around that time was hushed up.  I was glad when it surfaced again.

1. ediggity profile image61
        ediggityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was it the Summer of 69?  Some say, those were the best days of my life.

1. The Rope profile image60
          The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shuuush!  We don't want everyone to know what everyone was doing back then....

11. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

Break out the outer space slip and slide.

12. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

very interesting..if there is water on the moon who knows what else could actually be there, this has actually caught my interest!

13. karhubpages profile image57
    karhubpagesposted 14 years ago

India's moon mission Chandriyan-I capture some photographs that confirms there is water on the Moon.

http://parkavithai.blogspot.com/2009/02 … ssion.html

14. NaomiR profile image74
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

This is amazing news. I'm really anxious to see what we learn about Jupiter and Saturn's moons, though. If there's water on any of them, that will really be incredible.

15. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

NPR had a nice interview with a guy from NASA-Ames today about it.  They talk about just what was found and what sort of other things might be found once the massive amount of data is analyzed.

You can download the interview as a MP3, or just stream it on the site (over on the lefthand side)

http://www.sciencefriday.com/program/archives/200911131

1. wyanjen profile image71
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link smile

2. Anna Erwin profile image61
      Anna Erwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, thanks for the link.  smile smile smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think this is fascinating and certainly newsworthy. all we hear is the crazy stuff, this is discovery. thanks for posting the link.

bah humbug tantrum, this is hardly the kind of news that diverts.
      smile

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

suit yourself

16. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Do they have Perrier?

17. profile image0
    philip carey 61posted 14 years ago

This conspiracy is obviously the work of the same people who would have us believe men actually landed on the moon.

It's time to cling to guns and religion.

18. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Now maybe we can finally put to the rest the belief that the moon is made of cheese.  lol

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The moon is not made of cheese? sad

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Mark,

You didn't know that the moon was made out cheese? Wow! lol

I would have thought everyone knew that, just by smell of the B.S. on the planet is as such, it's at the highest levels, it's ever been.

lol lol lol big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi CAGSIL, like again your new avatar! CHEESE huh!!

Hey PDH,

What's up lady?

am fine i see your busy again, sometimes when i am not too busy I read all the forum responses and you are one busy dude, I like the way you participate and explain things comprehensively, not that i agree with you most of the time, but I like the effort you put into it! and your avatar too, hmmmm

Yes, I am. There is much work to be done and I'm only getting started.

And, btw- You don't have to agree with everything I say, but the fact that you're open to some, makes my work all the more pleasing and satisfying. It's important that people realize the importance of their own existence, so they can take complete control of their lives and do whatever they want to with their lives. To do so, one must FREE their MIND!

Yeah, I like the avatar too. Thank you.

hey Cagsil, whats BTW,jk... anyways,,,, it is good you put some side to it plus options and lay them anyways,

yes you cant put everybody to agree with you, everybody have some points to say too,,,

the forum is a nice way to communicate, share and lecture too,,,joke, just kidding CAGSIL, I like your avatar the other day too,,,

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But the moon is made of cheese. That is the only thing that makes any sense. wink

I am currently unable to smell the BS as all I can smell is the burning trash from the government "stimulation," that will not mean my house hold tax has just doubled. Apparently this is a time warp and the bill I kept from last year was cunningly altered by the US/Muslim radicals/Communists/pirates/whatever to fool me into believeing I paid half as much last year. lol

Look at it this way - if there is water on the moon, I guess that means CitiBank owns it now huh?

lol lol lol

19. NaomiR profile image74
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Yes, but cheese has moisture...

20. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Another 'news' to divert people from what's really important and wrong.
    USA is going down, so you people, better look up !

1. theageofcake profile image61
      theageofcakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bah!  You make a point tantrum.  In recent years, I've developed a fascination for space and the great unanswered mysteries of the universe, but we really need to reprioritize and focus a bit more on Earth's immediate concerns. 

Still, its nice to hear people getting riled about moon water instead of something idiotic like Kristen Stewart's most recent fashion faux pas.

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol I agree with that. Nevertheless....

21. Hanna Bambina profile image61
    Hanna Bambinaposted 14 years ago

wow! bro!

22. spartanking1978 profile image59
    spartanking1978posted 14 years ago

Yeah...I recall reading an article about it a few months ago. Maybe that explains why there is already a COG station on the moon. Let's just hope it doesn't get wiped out by elliptical orbiting space debris.

23. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I remember, hearing something about it. I guess government, media and those in charge, finally decided that mankind could try to move forward, even though this evidence of water on the moon has been around since the late 60's.

With that said- I agree with Tantrum. The FACT that we are just finding this out and now, of all times, when we have bigger problems, is only there to distract, or mislead the public and to give them each HOPE of better times.

This doesn't fix or change anything how we are as a society, nor how we approach fixing the problems we already have.

The question is - "How are the Leaders around the World going present/show/spin/convey to us that they are truly working in the best interests of Mankind?"

Isn't about time- we MAKE those in charge, finally listen to the people for a change, instead of spinning every topic off or putting it on some else's shoulders.

It is not for others to do for you, but you must do for others!

This isn't a political ploy.lol
      If you think we are not doing enough to fix our problems, address the people who are supposed to be fixing our problems. They are failing even though they are spending MUCH more money that is being spent on space exploration. smile

And, if you feel more money is needed, I can think of a particular on-going "situation" that has been draining our country of more money than can ever be justified. See, that's shameful.

Space exploration? Yes. Leave us nerds alone. We want to know what's up there. smile

I'm not saying it is or it is not. My point was that 'government' official leaders are the reason for the lack of money available for space exploration which is also related to the religious fundamentalists, who see space exploration as a waste of human resources(but also scare the hell out of them).

The more information mankind learns about itself- the more evolved our society becomes. Thus more complex- which will require more rational and logicial thinking people. The Human race will have to dump their 'mystical' beliefs, so they themselves can be integrated into society, with real meaning and purpose of life, so the human race will live on.

The next step of mankind is in the manner in which they think. The most complex society and business gets- Integrational Thinking is going to be required. This means- every person must be one with oneself and confident enough to move forward with all their mind and effort.

somewhere is the religion is dead forum last night, Pr0metheus put a link to an article about the Vatican supporting this. It was very interesting. Point being, the search for alien life is valid because aliens were also created by god.
          It went along with your idea of dumping 'mystical beliefs'. It was cool...

(ok, sorry, no more religion in the awesome water on the moon forum smile)

No problem on the religion subject.

Not you, I was just referring to me.
              I get carried away lol
              I don't want to take away from the point here...

24. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

How much is it gonna cost a bottle ?

hi tony~!how are you

1. tony0724 profile image60
        tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am good thank you my friend ! By the way I wrote a hub called " I got an Idea . Lets bomb the moon " for anyone who might be Interested.

2. Cagsil profile image69

lol lol

3. Rochelle Frank profile image90

That's a good question.
      Now how long will it be until we start seeing "Moon Water" on store shelves? I'll bet we will see it soon.

I hope no one is that stupid. smile

1. tony0724 profile image60
          tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Judging from reading newspapers and obseving human behavior I would not count on that !

2. Quilligrapher profile image74
          Quilligrapherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hasn't society already proven that point?roll
          Q.

lol

25. fratjoe18 profile image60
    fratjoe18posted 14 years ago

Awesome, I am a huge fan of planets, and science and history.

26. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Water is one thing but the real question is, " Is there any trout?"

Yes.
      moon rock trout.

I heard.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now we're talking!

27. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Yes. Lunar resorts full of clueless Martian tourists.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Like that. That's what God told me. big_smile

28. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago
  29. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I thought I saw a guy at Times Square peddling a bottle of moon water!

30. xavierdhs profile image60
    xavierdhsposted 14 years ago

yes.I am amazed.It is true.

31. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

wow

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)