School Closings

1. 60
    dragonrider32posted 6 years ago

I just read of another so-called poorly achieving school who is probably going to be closed by the powers that be. I can't tell you how infuriated I get when I see that occurring. Educators who have been at this awhile know that closing a school because it is under performing IS NOT the answer. Working to improve it IS the answer. What happens when a poorly performing school is closed? Communities suffer...feel they have failed. Students suffer and are sent to other "poorly performing schools". Society suffers because that means a better likelihood of those students dropping out and becoming a problem for society. It also means that the heroic teachers who tried to make a difference are either cut or shifted to other schools. The reality is simply this: there will always be under performing schools. They under perform for a variety of real issues such as an influx of immigrants, bad neighborhoods, gangs that prey on kids in the area, and a laundry list of other realities. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Find ways to help poorly performing schools. Not just money but people and resources. Creat task squads to go into poorly performing schools and give them the help they need. We spend billions and trillions for the military, the other countries in the world...and yet, aren't willing to give our own kids the best education possible. Don't talk to me about test scores, goals mastered and what's expedient! Save our our kids!

2. munirahmadmughal profile image62
    munirahmadmughalposted 6 years ago

"School Closing"
    School closing is like closing lights.
    The best way is to know and sort out the causes due to which the standard desired of the school could not be achieved. Those causes should be removed gradually. The history of all great universities shows that they too have been facing many odds but faced them bravely and it was constancy that they are existing and shining even today.May God bless the teachers and the students who spare their time for knowledge which ultimately serves the whole people.