jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What are you're thoughts on a Crow Reboot?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

According to Hollywood Reporter and Comingsoon.net, it seems "The Crow" reboot has hit a huge obstacle, since the rumor of Bradley Cooper being in talks for the role has heat up.  As it seems Weinsteins studio claims to still have active distribution rights of the reboot; while Relativity claims otherwise, as they've been actively putting the "Crow" reboot under pre-production. 

Here's the link if you want to read more about it:

To be honest, I hope this reboot never sees the light of day.  Don't get me wrong, it has nothing to do with me thinking it wouldn't do well. It's because the original that starred Brandon Lee, son of the late Bruce Lee, was arguably one of the best superhero films ever made.  Not only was the story emotionally conflicting with the plot that character driven, it was also a great homage to the great Brandon Lee.  An actor who showed a lot of promise during his early career; until he died that is.  That's another reason why I hope this reboot never gets made, as the original film was perfect the way it was. It had one of the best soundtracks ever featured in a film, and lets face it, all the sequels were nothing more than rip offs of the original anyway.  Therefore, I doubt seriously we can expect much originality out a reboot or remake or whatever the hell you want to use for this.

Anyways, what are you're thoughts on this? Should there be another Crow reboot?  Or do you agree with me in that they should leave it the hell alone, and come up with something else?

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I liked the first Crow movie but I did not watch the next one. I am with you that I hope this remake never gets off the shelf. Hollywood has become so lame. Nowadays it's all remakes , sequels and superheroes.I haven't been to a movie in awhile because there is nothing worth wasting ten bucks on.

2. optimus grimlock profile image58
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

the 1st movie wasnt to bad but the rest suck, so its a no go lamo lol

3. NateSean profile image84
    NateSeanposted 5 years ago

Oh crap. When I read the title I thought it said "What are your thoughts on a Crow Robot". Which my answer was like, Crow rocks. I would love to have him at my side bashing crappy movies. Why not throw Tom Servo in there too while we're at it?

Then I learned it was about "The Crow". Which makes me 400% less interested.

4. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

The Crow movie and the soundtrack are some of my personal favorites.

Ive seen all of the follow-up movies and the series - they mostly were terrible.

Im always ok with reboots though, if I dont like it, i can turn it off. The character should be quite easy to make a great movie from.

1. 0
      SilentSmile08posted 5 years ago in reply to this

seriously.. why remake it. i dont get it. i didnt understand when they made mroe then one of those movies.. i liked the first one .. stick with just one movie..ppl.. urg.. i hope they dont.. remakes *hardly ever make it ..