50 Ways to Spot a Mum
Being a MUM is one of the most rewarding yet exhausting and time consuming 24/7 "job". Here are some ways to spot a mum (especially applies to all the new mums out there who will be reading and nodding along!). Feel free to add your own in the comments section at the end of the list!
- She doesn't stop talking about her kids.
- She is an expert on stain removers.
- She has 3 loads of clothes to wash every single day.
- She isn't looking as groomed as usual.
- Her entire shoe collection seems to be flat comfy shoes.
- She doesn't know whats on TV cause its been hijacked.
- Her diary seems to be filled with her children's appointments.
- She isn't up to date with the latest perfumes and makeup anymore.
- She hasn't been on a date for ages.
- Her evenings seem to be filled ferrying her children from one activity to another.
- Her handbag is huge because she needs to carry tissues, wipes, water, snacks. etc etc
- She knows who Swiper is.
- Her dream vacation is Disneyland.
- She knows the nutritional value of just about anything.
- She knows the price of diapers.
- She hits the children section of the store first.
- She shops online cause she doesn't dare go to the shops.
- She only goes to restaurants that have a play area.
- She is forever cancelling appointments cause her kids are sick.
- Her trolley is always full.
- She knows how to bake.
- She knows all about car seats.
- She fixes her appointments around nap time.
- There is always a family sized pack of cheerios in her house.
- Whenever you meet her, she is always rushed.
- She claims she hasn't had a mani/pedi since her kids were born.
- She shares all her food.
- She can recite some scenes from several cartoons.
- She claims that her house is never clean!
- She never gets to shower or simply use the bathroom alone.
- She isn't grossed out by snot, poop or puke.
- She can catch her child's puke.
- She can catch strangers children's puke.
- The music in the car is totally kid friendly and the regular radio is banned.
- She double knots her own shoe laces.
- Her children have more clothes then her and she doesn't mind it!
- Her "me" time is cleaning the kitchen while daddy washes the kids.
- There is always a packet of tissues in her bag.
- She has a love affair with coffee.
- She can multi task!
- She knows the pain of stepping on a piece of Lego barefoot.
- She hasn't slept a full night for as long as she can remember.
- There is a spare diaper in every room and on every surface.
- She rarely eats her meal sitting down.
- Most of her housework is done after 11pm.
- She doesn't wear her jewelry anymore and claims she is constantly washing her hands.
- She stopped putting on gloves to clean her house.
- She claims she can't do this any longer.
- She stopped using a hair dryer!
- She is loved!
More by this Author
Clothes Swapping is an excellent way to recycle unwanted clothing and help the environment while keeping your pocket happy! Find out how you can turn this swap into a business venture!
An easy step by step (with images) no cook Coffee Gateau recipe that can be prepared even by young children. Simply layer the ingredients together and allow to set in a fridge for at least 4 hours.
The bread maker can come in handy to get rid of those ripe bananas. Here is a delicious healthy banana bread recipe.