alexandriaruthk profile image 54

Should you force your religion to your children?

Should you wait for your children to decide on their own which religion or belief to follow or you can inculcate with them the teachings of your religion. Of course living in the same house, if there are some church activities, you can't leave the children alone in the house, or it is much difficult if the family has different belief among them and cooperation is compromised? What are the pros and cons if a family has the same belief system?

• alexandriaruthk profile image

alexandriaruthk 4 years ago

Right. And we did enjoy those moments too with our grandparents. It is a tradition and culture to most families.

Rev. Akins profile image85

Rev. Akins says

• alexandriaruthk profile image

alexandriaruthk 4 years ago

I do respect what you said, but isn't it that we as parents should be there to guide them and not merely to show what defines one as a parent. I think that they will define who they are through good example you show them. Thanks.

reque profile image59

reque says

• alexandriaruthk profile image

alexandriaruthk 4 years ago

I can agree with what you said, all of it. Teaching the children good values is a must for parents through good example and let them choose whatever form of belief later in life. Good foundation in life always start at home.

Jen Johnson profile image60

Jen Johnson says

• alexandriaruthk profile image

alexandriaruthk 4 years ago

I do agree about that "Force" word, it should never happen. I like what you said about telling children that we are all different from each different and just give them leeway to choose and introduce the parents religion. Thanks for commenting.

0

Starmom41 says

• alexandriaruthk profile image

alexandriaruthk 4 years ago

Religion is one of the basis of morals of an individual that is why and usually, we as individual are socialized in our home first. Family is our first social world.