Cookbook Review: CIG to Fondues and Hot Dips
Nothing adds fun to a party or an evening of snacking like a great fondue recipe. While many people associate fondue with simple cheese dip recipes, there are many creative ways to prepare fondue. I frequently make fondues for leisurely afternoons of watching sports on television, and I'm always looking for new ways to create dips and snacks for parties and potluck dinners.
I recently discovered The Complete Idiot's Guide (CIG) to Fondues and Hot Dips, which is packed with interesting and easy ways to create delicious fondue dishes. If you are interested in learning more about how to make fondue, or if you're just looking for new fondue recipe ideas, you'll really enjoy this great book.
The entire line of CIG books does a great job of providing readers with detailed information about the subject. This book is no exception, providing details about the history of fondue, tips for selecting (or improvising) a fondue pot, and fondue dos and don'ts. There is even a glossary in the back to make sure you understand all the ingredients and terms.
A few of the many awesome recipes you will find in include:
Traditional Fondue Recipes
- Some of the best traditional fondue recipe ideas you'll find in (CIG) to Fondues and Hot Dips include:
- Classic Cheese Fondue
- Classic Chocolate Fondue
- Smoked Cheddar and Applejack Fondue
- Welsh Rarebit (English Cheddar Cheese and Beer Fondue)
Innovative Fondue Creations
- Bananas Foser Fondue
- Brie and Pesto Fondue
- Crystallized Ginger Mascarpone Fondue
- Gorgonzola, Pear, and Walnut Fonduta
- Swiss Cheese and Crab Fondue
- Three-Cheese Carrot and Chutney Fondue
- White Chocolate Mint Fondue
- Many other innovative fondue and dip creations
Fondue Recipes with an International Flair
- Chipotle Cheese and Chorizo Fondue
- Feta, Chevre, and Lamb Fondue
- Indonesian Mixed Satay Fondue
- Mexican Chocolate Fondue
- Middle Eastern Herbed Lamb Meatball Fondue
- Pizza Fondue with Italian Sausage
- Spicy Asian Chicken Fondue
- Tiramisu Fondue
- Vegetarian Falafel Fondue
- A wide variety of additional International delights
I frequently make fondues for leisurely afternoons of watching sports on television, and I'm always looking for new ways to create dips and snacks for parties and potluck dinners.
Why I Love Fondue:
Fondues are a great way to enjoy hot dips throughout a party without having to worry about whether or not the food is staying the proper temperature. An electric or traditional fondue pot does a great job of keeping your dips warm and ready for dipping without burning.
More by this Author
Are you looking for a great place to enjoy a leisurely Sunday brunch in Mobile, AL. There are many great places where you can enjoy a wonderful weekend brunch meal all over town. 4 Favorite Restaurants for Sunday...
No comments yet.