Kids Cook Monday Recipe: Wiggly Noodle Stir Fry
Rate This Recipe
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- Yields: Serves 2 adults
Cooking With Kids
Wiggly Noodle Stir Fry is a quick, simple and inexpensive meal that is versatile enough to customize for each family's preference. Using your choice of meat and veggies, plus a package of instant noodle soup (ie. Mr. Noodle, Ramen, etc.), you can feed your whole family for under $10.
Instead of ground beef, you can also use one steak or one chicken breast per 2 people, cut into strips
- Instant Noodle Soup package(s), 1 pkg per 2 people
- Ground Beef, 1/2 lb per 2 people
- Red or Green Onions
- Veggies, chopped (frozen is okay)
- Oil and/or butter
Meat and Veggie Mix
- Chop onion, veggies (if not frozen), and meat into bite size pieces
- Heat the oil and/or butter in a pan
- Fry meat, onions, and veggies in a pan using most of the broth packet as seasoning
Note: Save some of the seasoning for when you add the noodles later.
- Keep pan covered to retain moisture from the veggies
At the same time ...
Your Child(ren)’s Participation
Younger Kids can:
- Add the noodles to the water
- Add the veggies to the pan
- Add the soup mix
Older kids can:
- Make this meal with supervision
For information on kitchen safety when cooking with children, read Setting Kitchen Rules.
- Put a pot of water to boil on high
- Break noodles in half and add to boiling water
- Let the noodles cook for 2-3 minutes, until soft but not mushy
- Remove pot from heat and drain noodles
Bringing it Together
- When meat is cooked thoroughly, add noodles
- Sprinkle the last of the broth seasoning over the noodles
- Stir well so noodles absorb broth
- Serve and enjoy
This series was created to help parents bond with their kids while teaching them valuable skills. It includes tips, ideas and recipes.
Learn more about how you can participate in The Kids Cook Monday campaign!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
© 2012 Rosa Marchisella
More by this Author
Good gluten free treats are hard to find. This review explores various aspects of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Brownie Mix to discover if it's worth the cost and effort of making.
In Spring of 2012, Wendy's restaurant introduced poutine to its menu. Is it worth the hype? This review will help you decide.
A new parent's nightmare includes slogging through all the baby products on the market to find out what works best for the most reasonable price. Diapers are high on the list, so let's compare the two big name diaper...