Healthy And Easy Breakfast Egg Recipes: How To Make Huevos Revueltos
Healthy Recipes - Huevos Revueltos
I'm sure you've heard of Huevos Rancheros but have you heard of Huevos Revueltos? If you haven't, you are in for a treat.
Huevos Revueltos is another name for Mexican Scrambled Eggs.
Here is another quick and easy breakfast dish that is hearty and healthy all at the same time. It makes a great dish to serve for breakfast or brunch - even for lunch or a light dinner.
You can also make some of the substitutions that I suggest below and have several different delicious variations on this breakfast entrée.
This is a great recipe to start the day with!
Huevos Revueltos Recipe
Makes 4 servings - 2/3 cup of egg mixture and 2 tortillas
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1-3/4 cups chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt if desired
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 4 lime wedges if desired
- Hot pepper sauce like Tabasco if desired
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cut jalapeno in half lengthwise (wear gloves).
- Discard seeds from one half and leave seeds in remaining half.
- Mince/dice both jalapeno halves.
- Add jalapeno, green onions and garlic to pan. Sauté for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes and salt - cook 2 more minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
- Add eggs - cook 3 minutes or until they are soft scrambled. Stir constantly.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with tortillas, lime wedges, and hot sauce.
- Add variations below or make substitutions
This recipe is courtesy Cooking Light magazine
Suggested Substitutions or Changes
- For a less spicy version of this, remove seeds from both sides of jalapeno pepper
- Use canned jalapeno instead if you don't have fresh jalapeno
- Substitute 1-1/2 cups of egg substitute for 6 large eggs
- Substitute Monterey Jack cheese plain or other varieties for jalapeno pepper cheese
- Add salsa as a garnish to put on top of the huevos revueltos inside the tortillas
- Substitute small flour tortillas for corn tortillas
- Use thin corn tortillas
- Add warmed black beans, kidney beans or pinto beans (cooked whole) to the tortillas
- Substitute serrano or other kinds of chiles for jalapenos
- Add a little bit of diced fried bacon to the eggs
- Try different kinds of cheeses instead of Monterey Jack like white cheddar or Fontina cheese
- Substitute a soft cheese like goat cheese
How to Make Mexican Scrambled Eggs - Great Recipe
Huevos Revueltos - in Spanish
How to Make Huevos Rancheros
Mexican Scrambled Eggs with Potatoes
Huevos Revueltos and Huevos Rancheros Recipes
- Huevos Rancheros, Ranch Eggs Recipe, How To Make Huevos Rancheros, Egg Recipes, Southwest Recipes, M
Huevos Rancheros, How To Make Huevos Rancheros, Egg Recipes, Southwest Recipes, Breakfast Recipes
- Huevos Rancheros
A hearty, satisfying breakfast of eggs, salsa and corn tortillas.
- Huevos Rancheros Recipe | Simply Recipes
Huevos rancheros recipe with fried eggs served on corn tortillas and smothered in cooked salsa. The best Mexican breakfast ever.
- How to Make Huevos Rancheros | eHow.com
How to Make Huevos Rancheros. A spicy morning treat. This recipe feeds four average people or three cowboys.
- Scrambled Eggs Mexican Style Recipe | Speed Cook With an International Flair
Want to find out what is happening in Gourmet Cooking and Recipes? Check out iHaveNet.com for the latest gourmet recipes and articles featuring Wolfgang Puck and other recipes such as Spicy Avacado Dip Recipe
- Mexican Scrambled Egg Tacos (Tacos de Huevos Revueltos a la Mexicana) Recipe - CHOW
- Huevos Revueltos A La Mexicana
Huevos Revueltos A La Mexicana : Mexican Scrambled Eggs.
More Hubs on Mexican Eggs
- Huevos Rancheros Delicious Twist
INGREDIENTS: Tortilla chips/multi-grain tortilla chips/flour tortilla chips/crispy tortilla pieces 1 can pinto beans (substitute black beans/kidney beans/any kind of beans) Shredded or torn red leaf...
- Easy Huevos Rancheros
Huevos Rancheros is a Mexican dish, but has been adopted by the USA and there are probably more recipes and ways of making this dish than almost any other recipe. My personal preference is a very simple...
- Huevos Rancheros Recipe
Huevos rancheros is Spanish for
- Huevos / Eggs Cooked Mexican Style
1 small oinon well minced 1 small green hot pepper 1 cup canned tomatoes pinch of salt 2 tablespoons butter 1/2 teaspoon flour Brown flour in butter. Add onion, pepper and tomato and cook slowely until...
More by this Author
You can make a jumbo or extra large muffin from any muffin recipe out there. You just have to know how to tweak the recipe in terms of baking time and amount you put in the pan. If you don't have a jumbo muffin pan,...
This is a great version of a fantastically delicious quiche - Spinach Quiche. This is a favorite offering on breakfast and brunch menus and one of my personal favorites. This recipe is from the Everyday Gourmet...
In a tight economy, how much should you pay a pet sitter? It depends on many factors including what kind of pet, age of the pet, what the pet sitter has to do and even how far the pet sitter has to drive to take care...