Skirt Steak Recipe
Skirt Steak is a less tender but very flavorful cut of beef. It is a long, flat cut of beef taken from the diaphragm muscle. When cooked properly it is quite delicious and versatile. Skirt Steak is yummy in a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich and is a great choice when making Steak Fajitas.
It is best to sear Skirt Steak quickly in an iron skillet or on a grill. Skirt Steak can also be braised. It is often Marinaded to make it even more flavorful. Skirt Steak is cut across the grain for maximum tenderness.
Skirt Steak Marinade
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 3 tbs. Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 Scallions cut in half
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
Place all ingredients in a blender and puree.
2 lbs. Skirt Steak
- Cut the Skirt Steak into 3 equal pieces and place in a large zip-lock bag
- Pour pureed Marinade into the bag and remove air while sealing
- Make sure the Skirt Steak is completely covered with the marinade
- Lay the bag flat in the fridge for at least 1 hour or anywhere up to 24 hours.
Cooking a Skirt Steak
- Cover the bottom of a skillet with Olive Oil
- Remove Skirt Steak from the Marinade and shake excess off
- Use medium high heat to crisply brown steak on both sides.
Remember to slice the Skirt Steak thinly and across the grain.
More by this Author
My sister gave me a gorgeous potted tuberous Begonia that thrived and bloomed all summer. My goal is to keep this "annual" flower safely stored for the Winter and restart it in the Spring.
Butterfly Pork Chops have little fat to trim off and are so tender. Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy is a very simple recipe that I have been making for years. Few ingredients are needed, it's easy to throw together at...
Does a rubber oil pan drain plug work. Not really. The self threading piggy back oil pan drain plug cold welded in place is the answer!