Chinese Cuisine...grown with fecal matter...shop Wal-Mart.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)
  1. pylos26 profile image72
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Chinese cuisine…grown with human feces…shop Wal-Mart.

It’s a simple matter of Asian culture and public record…they use their own fecal waste to fertilize their veggies and support their seafood ponds.

If you’ve purchased seafood from Wal-Mart…It’s likely to be a product of China.  Those big succulent shrimp you bought at Wal-Mart are likely…no…they are “damned likely” to have reached adulthood in a Chinese fecal pond.

One of the reasons The Chinese government meets resistance in regulating exports is because so much of it is grown or manufactured by one of vast numbers of small unregulated businesses or farms.

Perhaps we can still enjoy those nice big plump shrimp if we just put our minds elsewhere and pig out on them with lots of beer.

1. JulesGerome profile image60
      JulesGeromeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure those Chinese products are healthier than anything you eat at MCDonalds, or any junkfood store.

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I am glad I don't eat seafood brought in from China. Then again, I really do not eat seafood much anymore(not for at least 15 years now).

3. Andrewskis profile image61
    Andrewskisposted 13 years ago

I've heard this about Mexican produce too. I'm not for people eating crap, so don't get this twisted- but when you think about it all things are grown in fecal matter. That's what fertilizer is. Also if you think about it even more, there's fecal matter everywhere. Most of us are full of it! Someone is either carrying it with them, ingesting it (which will turn to fecal matter) or releasing it.
    All commercial veggies and fruit use fertilizer or at least compost. Anyway, how can you be completely sure a tomato you ate a few days ago didn't fall on a weird floor somewhere...

1. pylos26 profile image72
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Most of us are full of it"?...Speak for yourself dude.

1. Andrewskis profile image61
        Andrewskisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I meant that in a literal sort of way, sir. Unless you've been fasting for a few days, you definitely have a decent amount of fecal matter in you.
        I was just trying to come from a different angle that points to the interconnectedness of all things.
        And yeah, i realize its human feces. But to me- poop is poop... I dunno. Not saying I would eat it, but I am saying that there's no need to be making decisions based on fear.
        And of course Wal-Mart isn't going to be checking out whether they sell a top quality product... It's Wal-Mart, they're just trying to flip product at the highest margin possible. So if you're not trying to contribute to their gigantic conglomerate, then don't shop there.
        Really it all comes down to making a conscious choice, which is all that can be done in this life. I truly hope you make the choice of not focusing on things that make you feel bad and then spreading it on the internet because you will only find more and more of the same. Yes, I agree we need to be informed, I just don't think we need to be inundated. My post wasn't intended to attack or belittle yours or you in any way. Just offering a different perspective.
        Peace and Blessings

4. pylos26 profile image72

talking about human fecal matter here...sir

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And what is THAT special about human crap - it's still a good fertilizer. Not really sure what irks you - Andrew seemed to give you an exhaustive explanation of how things actually work. smile

5. pylos26 profile image72

Cags...you seem to have all yore ducks in a row.

6. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 13 years ago

Cow and chicken manure doesn't smell any better than human excrement. You have a large collection of any of it and leave it for a while and I'm telling you, it's not a pretty smell.

And what about blood and bone? THAT is even worse.

They spread that stuff all over a paddock to fertilize the ground and then the cows go on there and eat said paddock.

So whether you're eating fruit, vegies or meat, it's all had some kind of contact with something that you don't want to step in.

7. Valux profile image66
    Valuxposted 13 years ago

And this is why you find a good local fishmonger and purchase local seafood if possible or at the very least sustainable domestic products.  And truth be told, flash frozen seafood in land locked areas will be a lot better than anything fresh you could get there so go for that, just again be mindful of what you are purchasing and what regions it's coming from.  I personally do not buy seafood unless I know where it was fished up from (so yes, that means I do not buy pre-packed frozen square-fish patties or things of that nature)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)