jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Chinese Cuisine...grown with fecal matter...shop Wal-Mart.

1. pylos26 profile image76
    pylos26posted 6 years ago

Chinese cuisine…grown with human feces…shop Wal-Mart.

It’s a simple matter of Asian culture and public record…they use their own fecal waste to fertilize their veggies and support their seafood ponds.

If you’ve purchased seafood from Wal-Mart…It’s likely to be a product of China.  Those big succulent shrimp you bought at Wal-Mart are likely…no…they are “damned likely” to have reached adulthood in a Chinese fecal pond.

One of the reasons The Chinese government meets resistance in regulating exports is because so much of it is grown or manufactured by one of vast numbers of small unregulated businesses or farms.

Perhaps we can still enjoy those nice big plump shrimp if we just put our minds elsewhere and pig out on them with lots of beer.

1. JulesGerome profile image59
      JulesGeromeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure those Chinese products are healthier than anything you eat at MCDonalds, or any junkfood store.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I am glad I don't eat seafood brought in from China. Then again, I really do not eat seafood much anymore(not for at least 15 years now).

3. Andrewskis profile image90
    Andrewskisposted 6 years ago

I've heard this about Mexican produce too. I'm not for people eating crap, so don't get this twisted- but when you think about it all things are grown in fecal matter. That's what fertilizer is. Also if you think about it even more, there's fecal matter everywhere. Most of us are full of it! Someone is either carrying it with them, ingesting it (which will turn to fecal matter) or releasing it.
    All commercial veggies and fruit use fertilizer or at least compost. Anyway, how can you be completely sure a tomato you ate a few days ago didn't fall on a weird floor somewhere...

1. pylos26 profile image76
      pylos26posted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Most of us are full of it"?...Speak for yourself dude.

1. Andrewskis profile image90
        Andrewskisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I meant that in a literal sort of way, sir. Unless you've been fasting for a few days, you definitely have a decent amount of fecal matter in you.
        I was just trying to come from a different angle that points to the interconnectedness of all things.
        And yeah, i realize its human feces. But to me- poop is poop... I dunno. Not saying I would eat it, but I am saying that there's no need to be making decisions based on fear.
        And of course Wal-Mart isn't going to be checking out whether they sell a top quality product... It's Wal-Mart, they're just trying to flip product at the highest margin possible. So if you're not trying to contribute to their gigantic conglomerate, then don't shop there.
        Really it all comes down to making a conscious choice, which is all that can be done in this life. I truly hope you make the choice of not focusing on things that make you feel bad and then spreading it on the internet because you will only find more and more of the same. Yes, I agree we need to be informed, I just don't think we need to be inundated. My post wasn't intended to attack or belittle yours or you in any way. Just offering a different perspective.
        Peace and Blessings

4. pylos26 profile image76

talking about human fecal matter here...sir

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And what is THAT special about human crap - it's still a good fertilizer. Not really sure what irks you - Andrew seemed to give you an exhaustive explanation of how things actually work. smile

5. pylos26 profile image76

Cags...you seem to have all yore ducks in a row.

6. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

Cow and chicken manure doesn't smell any better than human excrement. You have a large collection of any of it and leave it for a while and I'm telling you, it's not a pretty smell.

And what about blood and bone? THAT is even worse.

They spread that stuff all over a paddock to fertilize the ground and then the cows go on there and eat said paddock.

So whether you're eating fruit, vegies or meat, it's all had some kind of contact with something that you don't want to step in.

7. Valux profile image79
    Valuxposted 6 years ago

And this is why you find a good local fishmonger and purchase local seafood if possible or at the very least sustainable domestic products.  And truth be told, flash frozen seafood in land locked areas will be a lot better than anything fresh you could get there so go for that, just again be mindful of what you are purchasing and what regions it's coming from.  I personally do not buy seafood unless I know where it was fished up from (so yes, that means I do not buy pre-packed frozen square-fish patties or things of that nature)