ideas for redgage and flixya sites that i work on

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

for those that don't know, I also have a redgage and a flixya account where the sites are similar to hubpages, except with redgage you can link your hubs to that site, as I'm sure most of you know.  anyway, redgage and flixya both have a feature where you can put up youtube videos on their sites.  I was thinking about buying a webcam soon, since I just got a new job, so I can start doing online movie reviews.  don't worry, I'll still write my film reviews in a lot more detail than I'll probably be able to elaborate on my video reviews, as those will only be like five to 20 minute videos.  however, I will have a grading system in my video reviews from a one to four star scale like the professionals do.  what i would like to know is, do you guys think that's a good idea?  if not, then please say why?  if you're for it, then please tell me.

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Go for it, Youtube can be a great way to convert traffic in to sales via comments and the description box.

My only advice ould be go easy on graphical overlays, something simple is okay, but too much can put off viewers.

1. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Also, just as a side note, if you don't think you will make much from selling products from the videos I know you can make money from Revver videos.

I think you can earn from adverts on Youtube, but I am not 100% sure how.

1. profile image0
          Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

actually, i wasn't thinking about selling anything in these videos.  just review films like i do here, except with a rating system.  however, i appreciate the support though, as I think it's a great idea.  glad you seem to agree.

1. profile image0

oh by the way, thanks for telling me about rever.  i didn't know they paid you for videos you submitted to them.  i just thought that a free site.  that's interesting to know.  thanks thisisoli, i appreciate the advice.  smile

2. Origin profile image59
      Originposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You could always get After Effects and use bluescreening using the key tool (it comes with it stock), therefore you can talk about it, edit the background out (bluescreen - or whatever color) and have the movie running in the background while you talk about it.

Also, you could always write your review, and then just read it by downloading a teleprompter program and do it that way, like a news reporter would.

2. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Steven, it sounds like a great idea to me!

1. profile image0

really?  you think so too?  wow, thanks habee.  i knew i could count on you for support.  that means a lot to me.  smile

3. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Depends on your motivations

just doing  movie reviews is a uphill battle - to be seen, to be paid, to be recognized is near impossible regardless of your platform.

If you feel you can create a quality product,experience, brand that may be searched for specifically than by all means pursue

but "Stevennix2001" is not a term I would start with

1. Origin profile image59

I suppose if he were to flame (constructively) movies that received great reviews, he may get some additional traffic. I've noticed some reviewers doing that on purpose to get people to their websites and comment.

4. sunforged profile image71

and redgage is a non-entity - a few bucks maybe - but not worthwhile for true exposure

5. sunforged profile image71

all the frill aside - the terms are barely approachable w/o a very focused, managed approach - edit - dance - sing - strip - to no audience

enter only knowing the battle

..plus after effects is part of a 3k program suite - 500 standalone

1. Origin profile image59

He may have an edge if he could somehow get to early screenings, and then quickly write a review before others get to it. Of course, there are other people doing the same thing, but at least it could help his efforts a bit.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)