Depression

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. m334a profile image59
    m334aposted 13 years ago

Depression is a bitch, isn't it? But it doesn't have to be. Usually depression will control your daily habits, and how you chose to live your life; despite if you want it to be the way it is or not.

It doesn't have to be that way, I am here for any depression related issues, and to give you the best advice I can.

1. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good - Glad to see you here smile  My psychologist took my hub on depression to her clients - it has typos too so that was embarrassing - but - the message is o.k I guess - depression is a worldwide sad thing that creeps in on ya before you know it ..........it's got ya

2. Kimberly Bunch profile image62
    Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years ago

You know what is a shame: is when people don't know they are suffering from depression. They know something is wrong but they don't know the symptoms of depression. Maybe if you give the symptoms then someone taking a look might say, "Hey, that's me." And then you could help them better. [Just a suggestion]

Write a Hub on it would be fantastic too.

By the way I'm not suffering from it but I have gone through it and I didn't know at the time that I was suffering from depression and that's why I said what I said lol.

Everyone has to start from somewhere right?!

I'm sure you can help a lot of people. Even telling your own story.

Peace!
    smile

I think I may be going through it - my psychologist dosn't really say what I got - she just listens - she says I have been traumatized - guess that could cause depression - not sure - don't ask - just glad to have her cause whatever it is she is doing - it's working for me and for my children smile

1. m334a profile image59
        m334aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are concepts and theories of how to define "depression" but really what I think it is, is a state of mind that isn't healthy, weather it's trauma, how you live your life, and letting certain emotions take control over you...the list goes on. My father can act very optimistic, but also very aggressive at times. I feel as though he classifies as being "clinically depressed" and he doesn't know it.

Some people don't know it, some people have chemical imbalances, or maybe the person "depressed" is dealing with a lot in their lives that is causing sadness. There are endless scenerios. But if your mental stage is unhealthy and hurting either yourself or the ones around you, it's time to objectively talk to a therapist, and do some soul searching. How we chose to deal with our "problems" is where to start. Examine behavior and feelings, and take one step at a time to try and figure out how to fix what is causing "depression". One can't always do it on their own, and to find help can be a challenge, but it's out there. I am smile

well, I got a good psychologists and tons of great friends here at hub pages - that have helped me quite a lot read my hub on depression see what ya think:)

3. Countess Batula profile image60
    Countess Batulaposted 13 years ago

I've suffered depression and anxiety my whole life. I can never seem to get where I want to be or even where I need to be. I get lonely yet cannot cope to be around people for longer than 2 hours at a time. I'm easily irritated and I love to spend hours doing my hobbies. Little things bother me and I constantly worry about money and children and my weight and what to do in the future to try get to the top. I can't stop cleaning and am always sick with a cough no matter what I do. But I keep trying and trying and praying that one day life shall deliver and the smile of success will be upon my face. I guess you never know what is around the corner!

1. m334a profile image59

Depression and anxiety are bitches, aren't they? Have you been treated/take any medication/see a therapist? Sometimes, it may help, sometimes doctors just prescribe you meds because it's an easy way out. But it may help to do some research if you haven't already.

Do you consider yourself anti-social? That too can be a part of depression. I for one am dependent on people and not so much myself. It's good to have a balance. If you have a few good friends to spend time with/do hobbies with (maybe yours) that's a good thing, or perhaps family if that makes you feel more comfortable. If you feel as though being social can be very difficult for you and you feel it's a problem, I would examine your feelings you have when you are around them, and figure out how to calm those feelings/fears.

You also seem to show signs of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which is very common in depression. If you spend a lot of time by yourself, it's not surprising that you are constantly worried about the certain issues you have mentioned. We all can worry, but to some extent we can only do so much and let the rest be. Weight--if we were all the perfect weight it would be a dull world. I personally believe that being overweight isn't a problem unless it TRULY affects your physical health.Exercise is something a lot of people will neglect as they get older, but once you get into it, your body will produce a lot of endorphins which are good for your brain chemistry and obviously your physical health. Do you eat right? Three meals a day? Do you take care of your body? Do what's right over your body, but do not obsess, because the secret to a perfect body is to accept yourself as you are. Money, is always an issue, but as long as you budget your spendings and work hard for it, that's all that matters. We all could use a little more money, and bills add up yada yada, in this economy, this country is in a depression, but to overly worry never does any harm. Just do the best you can do.

Trying and trying and praying that one day life will deliver? The real question is, what is it you really want to be doing? Not "should" be doing, or procrastinating what you feel you NEED to do...but what your true life goals are. I would write a list or keep a journal, with one list being your personal goals-short term and long term; interests and hobbies you have, and interests and hobbies you would like to have; and on a separate page, address some issues that contribute to your depression, or a few, and try and analyze them, or have some help you with coping skills. A lot of depression involves changing life habits, if you want a better life, you have to make the first step, which can be hard, but it gets easier as you keep going if you keep the faith smile

If you have any other issues I could further try and help you with, I am here. I hope I helped in a broad sense.

1. m334a profile image59

"but to overly worry, never does any good*" lol mah bad.

4. FuzzyCookie profile image72
    FuzzyCookieposted 13 years ago

aha.. I am seeking help too.. for not being able to concentrate on things anymore neutral I get this voice from inside that says "dont dont dont" whenever I think "ok lets work" and I wont work and so pointless stupid things.

5. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Depression and substance abuse has strong representation in my family.  I can sometimes feel it tug at me, but I've never let it take me very far down the road,

You probably know this already but some may not: forcing yourself to smile can actually make you happier.  No, it's not a cure for depression, but it can give you a little extra edge when you need it.

Physical exercise can drive the blues out along with the sweat.  Again, not a cure, just another little boost.

Being with friends and loved ones is the best gift you can ever have, depressed or not.  Failing that, just being with other people is better than being alone.

I know that sometimes nothing works.  I've seen that in my own family and I so want to help them, to bring them peace, but I can't.   Depression can be very, very difficult.

1. luvpassion profile image61
      luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good for you Pcunix...(HUGS)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)