jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

How do you deal with depression?

1. ElvisaM profile image80
    ElvisaMposted 2 years ago

How do you deal with depression?

Depression is real and it is hard getting through to treatment without a supportive environment. How do you deal with depression and how do you make your family and friends who say that this is just an exaggerated form of sadness everyone goes through sometime, understand you?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image60
    Tusitala Tomposted 2 years ago

There is a vast difference between just 'feeling down' in one of our natural Circadian mood swings and that of Clinical Depression.   To anyone who suspects that they are, or know someone who is Clinically Depressed, I strongly suggest that they seek professional help.   It isn't easy to do this for a variety of reasons, as far as the depressed person is concerned. But don't ' go it alone.'   Get help.

There are not only professionals but quite a number of organizations, made up of people who have 'been there' who can offer real communication and support.   In Australia these include, Beyond Blue, and The Black Dog.   Wherever you are seek support from wherever you can.

ElvisaMposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Great answer! I agree completely. If this reaches just one person who is suffering and helps, that would be just amazing!

3. Michaela Osiecki profile image79
    Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years ago

After suffering with severe clinical depression for many years, I was eventually able to get a diagnosis and attempt to treat my illness. It was very difficult because I didn't react well to most of the medications I was encouraged to try and there was very little access to therapy in my area.

It definitely doesn't help when you don't have a support network and when no one cares about how you're feeling, you just to become very withdrawn and stop caring about yourself too.

Right now, I don't have a good support network - my family doesn't have the means to support me, I don't have any friends and I'm currently without health insurance, so I can't get treatment even if I want to. Which is really pretty awful.

I am so sorry to hear that! I have a few ways you can get help. Check out this page http://www.7cups.com/ and also start a gofundme account. There are many people out there who help

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

If you think you have depressing, talk to a counselor.

Excuse me?

5. Amyhill123 profile image45
    Amyhill123posted 2 years ago

There are lots of reasons of depression in person's life. In such situation, the person who got depressed simply avoid meeting people, stay alone all the time, don't want to mix up with the family and sometimes become short tempered.

Family members are the first and can be good counselor specially Mom & Dad. Speak with them, tell them problems. Definitely they find out the solution on it. ( What I feel cause only parents can understand you better).

If you really want more time to overcome or to come out of it, then give time to your hobbies. Read books, do gardening, play some music whatever you like. Just don't sit alone and away from people.  You can also heal by doing Yoga and meditation. This one is the great way, and all time suggested.