A Hubbers SEO/SEM Code of Ethics

Jump to Last Post 51-65 of 65 discussions (270 posts)
  1. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

This whole thing is a plea for attention.

He's already pulled the "Look at me or Im going home card"

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh well. It just bugs me to be called not worthy of respect because I dont feel the need to publicly declare my honesty and integrity. Im not here for money and I haev no clue what seo or any of that is, but being told I dont deserve respect because I dont have some badge is very insulting. I also find it absurd that one person's idea of right must be everbody's idea of right.

2. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I may still leave. It depends on what HP does with regard to ethical SEO.

2. SiddSingh profile image59
    SiddSinghposted 13 years ago

I find it very hard to learn "ethics" from a person who is fighting against backlinks, yet has no qualms about adsense ads selling backlinks being displayed on his hub.

If a person clicks on those ads, you are earning money. You are earning money from something that you so vehemently oppose. How is that consistent with "ethical" behavior?

3. sunforged profile image69

Also, to remind you  that I am not asking for more than I would give.

I have never seen a coherent response from you other than "look what Google said"
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/50906#post1164762

4. sunforged profile image69

Quite a profound response. So again, you will avoid any actual explanation of your thought process? I do encourage you to outline what "ethics" are .. in practice and theory.

I gave you some starting points in case the idea was new to you.

1. Pcunix profile image89

Your thought prices:

"Can't compete unless you cheat"

You should sell T Shirts.

I gave specific  links to SEO and SEM codes of ethics in the post that began this thread. I also suggested that people search for others.

That's not enough of an outline for you?

5. sunforged profile image69

I find that to be a rather incoherent unbalanced response, care to try again? Also, not a very good summary of my detailed response.

With some detail and logic, perhaps with your own words?

I do sell T-shirts!

want one?

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/product/16221698/view/1/type/png/width/190/height/190/brown-weird-toy-troll-t-shirts.png

6. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I think the argument of "ethical" or "un-ethical" is too absolute here.  I've taken the time to construct a more realistic, if not, obviously, all-inclusive list of how I think it actually works:

1. Ideal ethical backlinking:
    You write it.  You toss out a link on your FB and your other favorite Internet stomping grounds to let your friends and peers know you’ve got something up that you think is relevant.

Article grows in popularity naturally as people find it, Google finds it, and it just gets better and better.

2. Pragmatic ethical backlinking:
    You write it.  You know that your article is one among a zillion on the subject, but you feel you have an important and time-sensitive thing to add to the conversation regarding the topic.  You also know that, given the massive volume of article spinning and all that rot out there, you have zero chance of getting read any time soon unless you take steps to compete.  You fight fire with fire, just as noble firemen do when combating the devastating advance of a life-destroying wildfire, and buy some links to get your article into view.

Your article gets read and begins to do well without further effort on your part.

3. Middle ground backlinking:
    You write it.  You don’t know much about it, but you did some research.  It’s not really saying anything new, or, frankly, interesting, but it s not wrong and it does have the right keywords.  Your kids need shoes.  You’re going to backlink the crap out of it and start earning on it right away.  Your kids also need money for lunch.  Someone tells you buying links for your article is wrong.  You point out that the Google juggernaut, like the Great Wall of China, did not get that big without crushing some little people under.  You talk about semi-monopolies and stuff like that.  Then you point to your kid with the duct tape on his shoe that keeps it from yapping like an alligator when Junior runs.

4. Unethical backlinking:
    You don’t write hardly anything.  What you do write is incomprehensible and you don’t care.  You mostly just spin stuff you grab from other sites.  You buy backlinks and push garbage content into the hands of people looking to learn something new, often giving bad advice.  The only thing good about your articles is that they are often so poorly written people blow them off before “learning” something wrong.   People tell you that you are not ethical.  You laugh and sacrifice a puppy.

Interlinking related articles should be included in the first paragraph.

7. sunforged profile image69

Respond.

I did.

I gave three links in the original post and suggested searching for more.I think those should be the basis for discussion if HP wants community input.  But they have not indicated that they do.

What other response do you need?

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You didn't.

You ignored by not responding to every questions being asked.

And now that you're trolling CLEARLY. Let me take you back to question:

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1257891

wink

There is nothing worth responding to. As you and the rest always do,you are trying to confuse  the inexperienced by distorting and twisting everything. 

I have no reason to respond to you in ANY subject.

Really ?

You misguided people which i pointed YOU in this post with BLUE quotes. There is no twist or diddling there that any person can see.

if NOT, prove it.  wink

Oh is that the reason YOU are avoiding our questions and attacking others with these statement-Cannot compete unless you cheat.Simple, really.thinking this will tame writers ego ? Work on it harder or get help from your converts to attack better next time.

I have responded to every thing here unless I accidentally missed something.  Sunforged keeps lying and saying I need to respond, but I have.  I am ignoring you because your question has no validity - it is just another of your constant efforts to confuse people.

We have already established that the motto matches your philosophy.  You have made that much clear.  Whatever it takes, right?  Nothing wrong with fake links to get SERP - it's the money that matters.

Isn't that right?

1. sunforged profile image69
                sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am requesting that you portray what you consider "validity"

I also request that you show that you have a comprehension of ethics.

You have not to this point shown that.

I could link to the wikipedia on "ethics" or a .pdf from Google Books.. that would not show anything, that is all you have done to this point.

You say, I "lie and fib" I provide you with a basis to examine your ethical argument , you say "i lie and fib"

But, I am not saying anything - just giving you the means to make a valid argument and suggesting that you use your own words.

Actually it is Shaz that needs to respond to that. She has painted a very confusing picture, saying in one place that there was no automation but then suggesting there was.  On the one hand she blames herself, but then says that she was led by SF.

Only she can straighten out the truth of what happened to her.  I cannot.

So you claim ANYTHING without any research from YOUR part ?

Just because shaz says so makes it true for you. Jeez.

So now Shaz is a liar?  About which part? The part where she says it was or the part where she says it wasn't?

Statement was YOUR's and not sharon's. Do you read my posts ?  or getting so angry at me that you are trying to claim something o my behalf ? wink

8. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Let's sum up the "whatever" argument.

I can't compete with large, established sites.  I would need to work hard and wait for my reward, but I want it NOW, so lying to Google is acceptable.

Cannot compete unless you cheat.

Simple, really.

And now that you're trolling CLEARLY. Let me take you back to question:

wink

9. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

I believe the chances of that are as slim as my cat spontaneously reciting shakespeare.

Go read my original post.

10. profile image0
    Norah Caseyposted 13 years ago

We have gotten several requests to close this thread. I've left it open up to this point because I think the topic of ethical SEO is an important issue for the community to discuss.

What is not important is a thread where the same few individuals banter with one another over and over. I'm going to check up on this thread's progress throughout the day. I'll close it if it lacks the ability to expand into an interesting discussion.

11. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

A simple call for a voluntary, community developed code of ethics is met with incredible resistance and anger.  Lies, distortions and name calling.

Why?  Does ethics threaten these people that much? Obviously it does.

What does that say about them?  Money comes before honesty, obviously.  They lie to Google, they lie about what Goigle says, they even lie about what I have asked for here.

Lies, lies, lies.

And the rest of you defend them, saying we don't need it.  Obviously we do - the ugliness runs very deep and I am hardly the first to notice it.

Can't compete unless you cheat. Such inspiring words.

12. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

If HP were to ban writers from backlinking their own articles, or from using software to do so, what is to stop someone else from getting a user banned by going on a backlinking spree on their behalf?

Sigh.

That is not  at all what this is about.

Did you read any of the links I gave in my original post? Have you read theLearning Center article?

Of course you can link to related content, yours or not.

Do you understand how these people try to confuse you?  They want to convince you that there is no such thing as ethics in SEO, but the links i gave and the searches I suggested show that there is.

Stop listening to these liars.

1. rmr profile image69
        rmrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, what a condescending tone.
        I think the point was that someone could just as easily click the ad that's still running on your backlinking hub and buy a few thousand backlinks, all aimed at your articles, relevent or not.

I'd be curious to hear the answer as well. Are there any safeguards to prevent that?

2. skyfire profile image79

Exactly.

Nobody suggested any such thing and you know it.

But that doesn't stop you, does it?  Lying about what I have said here is second nature to you.

lie ? LOL. Pot calling...

Trust me you have to try lot harder to put me in bait to attack you. wink

Aren't you the one who posted about relache's no backlinking in hub ? in other threads to confuse newbies for SEO ?

Do you claim from your marketing research or you claim something because relache or shaz says so ?

You can continue to misguide people without doing any research on marketing and SEO. It is clear in multiple threads that how credible your sources and how clear your information is. No wonder people who have no idea about SEO are ready to be your converts.

13. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

No. That's not true.

You didn't responded to his post about YOUR evidence for ethics.

LOL. Reminds me of pot calling ya know. I pointed YOU towards your misguiding from multiple threads. I even gave you URL for your misguiding claim. You ask me for validity ? And you think i confuse people ? LOL

So you resort to trolling ? *duh*

14. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I think Shadesbreath (genius that he is) tried to bring the focus back onto what it should be -- the quality of the content. I personally think that HP and Google have bigger problems from crummy, unoriginal and sometimes unintelligible content than they do with people who put out good content and then try to bring attention to their work.

15. sunforged profile image69

Dear Sanctimonious

I will give you a link so you can work on your ability to provide reasonable responses

List of fallacies

I think you have pulled off an amazing feat of using every single formal logical fallacy possible within one forum thread.

and  you are a master of the informal fallacies of
    "Argument from repetition" and "red herrings"

Considering your amazing and purposeful resemblance to a Russ Doll ( I know,appeal to ridicule) and your amazing use of illogic, I cant help but believe that this is some sort of awesome social experiment to see just how ridiculous you can be. You cant call everything "lies" when its only a page scroll away and you cant really think thats a valid response.

When is Ashton Kutcher going to jump out?

http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/100000/00000/0000/100/100158/100158.strip.gif

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)