NOT understanding HubPages affiliate tracker!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Baylainmom profile image60
    Baylainmomposted 13 years ago

I just don't get it.  I have looked at the video so many times I am blue in the face.  Where do you put the code exactly?? Help please!

Baylainmomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am told it's working - thanks everyone! 

Here is another question - do you then put the sign up on your individual hubs???????  Is this a different procedure?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some people do, some people don't, depending on the contents. Same procedure if you do.

2. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can use sign up trackers in hubs if that matches the content.

you can use the tracker in hub links also. Just add the _tracker in the link after http://hubpages.com/

If anyone signs up clicking one of your hub links or sign up tracker up you will get exactly the same impression. Its not necessar that one has to click on sign up tracker; the trackers in hub links gives the same facility that sign up tracer does.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

There are two kinds of trackers. Trackers in links to hubs, trackers in links for sign-ups.

To insert trackers in links to hubs, you will insert them as textual links within your hubs, on your blog or website. You can get these by clicking on the "Share" button on the hub you want to link to with your tracker included.

Trackers to links for sign-ups are normally placed on the profile page. Here are the instructions on how to do this:

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1200945

Here is what I want to do.  On my profile page is a comment about signing up for Hubpages.  I want to link the Hubpages sign up page to this with my own unique code in it. 

I don't get it  . . .  you would think they would make this easier.

1. profile image0

The forum post I just linked to above is exactly about doing that. It is a step-to-step tutorial, which I have written. If you would do me the courtesy to check out the link that I have provided.

I did

1. saleheensblog profile image61

If you are still having problem you might be inserting the url in tracker box. In that case only the unique code be inserted in the box not the whole url.

Can you explain further please?

1. lrohner profile image66
                lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Remember sending your kids off to summer camp with all of those little labels in their clothes so that they could identify what belonged to them? That's all that your tracker code does.

So to start, just find the URL of the page you want to link to. Let's say you want someone to sign up for hubpages. The place you would send them is http://hubpages.com/user/new. But you want to get credit for it, so you need to clearly label it. You do that with your tracker:  http://hubpages.com/_YourTracker/user/new.

Easy peezy!

1. Susana S profile image90
                  Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The user new page does not exist any longer? I just found out the tour page that I used to link doesn't either. Instead I just used my tracker to direct to the homepage.

@baylainmom - try this: http://hubpages.com/_your tracker/

1. profile image0

It still exists. It says "Join" on top of the home page, but the URL is the same as before.

2. lrohner profile image66

The user signup page still works for me -- you just have to be signed out of HP to see it.

2. Baylainmom profile image60

I have attempted to do this several times and when I enter the URL with my code in it and hit insert - it clears out. 

Your right - I am in good company.  There has got to be an easier way.

1. lrohner profile image66

Where are you trying to insert the code?

2. lrohner profile image66

If you are trying to put it in your profile or in a text capsule, you simply put some text like "Join HubPages" or something like that. Then highlight the text and click on the little chain icon on the toolbar. Put the URL with the tracker in there, click Okay and save the whole darn thing. You should be fine. smile

yes, lol give me few minutes

3. saleheensblog profile image61

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4252013_f248.jpg

Your tracker will be created then. If you have done this successfully let me know so that I can make next screen shots for you.

After it is done this [given that you used o03hvo3x79h5 as your unique tracker] your sign up tracker will be

http://hubpages.com/_o03hvo3x79h5/user/new

NOT

http://hubpages.com/_o03hvo3x79h5/profile/Baylainmom

I just the above but I have no way to test it as long as I am signed in - correct?

just read the suggested forum, you will get it

3. dingdong profile image57
        dingdongposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do it like this, put an underscore after "hubpages.com/" in the url and add your tracker...

http://hubpages.com/_yourtracker/user/new

(original url is http://hubpages.com/user/new)

Replace the "yourtracker" with your own unique referral tracker which can be either the default one or something you created for this purpose!

2. Baylainmom profile image60

Is there a way to check and make sure it's working.  When I am on my profile and click on the link it does nothing.

ARRRRg - I am so frustrated.

1. profile image0

The link on your profile page is incorrect. It does include a tracker, but just links back to your profile page, not the sign-up page. Please read the instructions again. The correct URL for you to link to has been clearly provided.

Can you please check the links again?

1. profile image0

I checked out both of your links, and both appear to be correct.

However, they both lead to the sign-up page. If you want the first link to simply go to hubpages.com (home page), the link should be:

http://hubpages.com/_o03hvo3x79h5

Full On Now, cheers. big_smile

Gawd  - I am not that much of an ignoramous but holy cow was that stumping me!  Thanks so much for your help!

2. profile image0

Relax. You are in good company.

ya an it's the pits

3. profile image0

If someone visits a hub, then eventually moves on to sign up within 30 days, it should be OK. But I would provide the direct sign-up link if I was hoping to get people to sign up.

If people sign up to HubPages via the tracker, you will get 10 percent of that hubber's page impressions for life.

If people visit a hub via the tracker, you get about 10 percent of the page impressions for 2 hours.

thank you for clarification. smile

4. profile image0

Thanks for helping out.

5. Granny's House profile image63
      Granny's Houseposted 13 years ago

My daughter says she joined on one of my hubs. I do not see her in my url tracker sign up. Why

1. profile image0

Which hub?

Hopefully, she did not sign up on your tracker from the same IP address, since self-referrals are against the TOS.

2. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Has your Hubpages stats updates since she joined? It takes a wee while to come through...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)