John McCain

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)
  1. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 15 years ago

The state of affairs in America is at an all time low.  The four concerns are healthcare, banking reconstruction and commerce, Middle Eastern affairs, and the economy.  Since Pres.Obama's first day in office he has been tackling said issues.  But what of McCain?  What has the American Maverick and almost future president of America been up too since Obama took office Jan. 21st? If you really want to know check out this link to the Library of Congress.
    1. S.36 : A bill to repeal the perimeter rule for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Sen McCain, John [AZ] (introduced 1/6/2009)      Cosponsors (1)
    Committees: Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation
    Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.

2. S.37 : A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently extend the research credit.
    Sponsor: Sen McCain, John [AZ] (introduced 1/6/2009)      Cosponsors (None)
    Committees: Senate Finance
    Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.

3. S.38 : A bill to establish a United States Boxing Commission to administer the Act, and for other purposes.
    Committees: Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation
    Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.

4. S.39 : A bill to repeal section 10(f) of Public Law 93-531, commonly known as the "Bennett Freeze".
    Committees: Senate Indian Affairs; House Natural Resources
    Latest Major Action: 3/16/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Natural Resources.

5. S.40 : A bill to designate Fossil Creek, a tributary of the Verde River in the State of Arizona, as a component of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System.
    Committees: Senate Energy and Natural Resources
    Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.

6. S.151 : A bill to protect Indian arts and crafts through the improvement of applicable criminal proceedings, and for other purposes.
    Committees: Senate Indian Affairs
    Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Indian Affairs.

7. S.152 : A bill to direct the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Agriculture to jointly conduct a study of certain land adjacent to the Walnut Canyon National Monument in the State of Arizona.
    Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.

8. S.153 : A bill to amend the National Trails System Act to designate the Arizona National Scenic Trail.

9. S.AMDT.278 to H.R.1 To reimplement Gramm-Rudman-Hollings to require deficit reduction and spending cuts upon 2 consecutive quarters of positive GDP growth.
    Sponsor: Sen McCain, John [AZ] (introduced 2/4/2009)      Cosponsors (None)
    Latest Major Action: 2/4/2009 Amendment SA 278 ruled out of order by the chair.

10. S.AMDT.279 to H.R.1 To prohibit the applicability of Buy American requirements in the Act to the utilization of funds provided by the Act.
    Sponsor: Sen McCain, John [AZ] (introduced 2/4/2009)      Cosponsors (1)
    Latest Major Action: 2/4/2009 Senate amendment not agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 279 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 31 - 65. Record Vote Number: 44.

11. S.AMDT.364 to H.R.1 In the nature of a substitute.
    Sponsor: Sen McCain, John [AZ] (introduced 2/5/2009)      Cosponsors (4)
    Latest Major Action: 2/5/2009 Amendment SA 364 ruled out of order by the chair.

12. S.AMDT.592 to H.R.1105 In the nature of a substitute.
    Sponsor: Sen McCain, John [AZ] (introduced 3/2/2009)      Cosponsors (1)
    Latest Major Action: 3/3/2009 Senate amendment not agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 592 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 32 - 63. Record Vote Number: 74.

13. S.AMDT.593 to H.R.1105 To prohibit the use of funds provided in the bill.
    Sponsor: Sen McCain, John [AZ] (introduced 3/2/2009)      Cosponsors (1)
    Latest Major Action: 3/9/2009 Senate amendment not agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 593 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 32 - 63. Record Vote Number: 86.

Pay close attention to GOP's front man's S.38 Bill.  Are you kidding me?  America is in the worst recession since the great depression and this guy wants a new Boxing Commissioner and new rules?  Give me a break.  What a terrible waste of American tax dollars.

2. Sprinkler Man profile image58
    Sprinkler Manposted 15 years ago

Link is broken and I bet all you dems are wishing that The Maverick was in office right about now.

Obama will go down as the worst President in HISTORY!!! He has destroyed everything he has touched so far and he will destroy our way of life as we know it.

You wanted CHANGE - You got it!!!

RKHenryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry I couldn't get the link to work for some reason.  So I went back to my sand box and decided to copy and paste the info. instead.

2. johnb0127 profile image61
      johnb0127posted 15 years agoin reply to this

You took the words from my mouth

RKHenryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thank goodness Obama is the President.

3. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

"5. S.40 : A bill to designate Fossil Creek, a tributary of the Verde River in the State of Arizona, as a component of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System.
    Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. "

Hey, yeah...  This (among a few others) were like, big news in my area of the country (we actually live pretty close to McCain's 'ranch'...which is in lovely Cornville, not Sedona--and if you lived here, you'd understand why the McCain crew obfuscates that one, wink). However, the bill is a big deal water rights/Indian news--it's actually more important than it sounds.

Well, to be fair (and I don't want to not be), McCain is doing the work of a US senator, not a president, so what he's doing is to be expected.  But he would have been a terrible president.  People really (and obviously, some did, or we wouldn't have elected Obama) need to step out of their partisan boxes and view the situation for what it was, at least.

Here is some good reporting, for starters:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/covers … ohn_mccain

Sprinkler Man--you're the one who needs to get real.  Your response was made for the sandbox on soooo many levels.  smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You do realize you are now starting to sound like I sounded to you when you first arrived. wink

There is an endless supply of these guys. Just ask him about his religious/political convictions. lol

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Actually, wink, yes I am aware of it.  Sometimes I just really get fed up at the level of  'discourse' and have found myself mocking.  And that's terribly elitist or something of me, isn't it?  Sigh. sad

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol Could be. Personally, I have almost given up on making a reasonable response. It is almost as though I never bothered spending time thinking about it and painstakingly typing a well-thought-out argument for all the good it does. So I resort to making fun of them. When I get to outright insults it is probably time to leave. Although this one will quickly resort to personal attacks if you bother to shred his arguments/religious dogma.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)