Full time hubbers and internet marketers

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Do you follow a time table for your work?

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's settled into a pattern for me. I try to work when my brain works best and that's mornings for me. Luckily that also coincides with when my youngest daughter is at school, so 8-3 is my normal working day during the week. Then I collect her and start on all the Mum jobs like cooking, cleaning, homework etc....

Occasionally I'll do a bit of work in the evenings, but it tends to take me at least twice as long. tongue

One of the reasons I got into this work was because I wanted a job I could do anywhere. We were thinking about moving abroad, but instead of that I'm considering travelling around Europe for a few years in my motorhome with my Hus and daughter. I think that would be more fun big_smile

Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I also prefer writing hubs and blog posts earlier in the day. And this is why internet marketing is so attractive for everyone, you can always take your office wherever you go.

2. Brooke Lorren profile image61
      Brooke Lorrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not really.  I work when I can.  I work after I'm done teaching, late at night, or whenever I get the chance.  Often late at night.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

I work from home and I just realized I should follow a time table and not following one really sucks.
    Not only it is affecting my work but also affecting my family life.

3. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

I do try to. I always mean to get my work done and finished during normal working hours. Unfortunately most of those around me (with the exception of Simões) don't factor in that what I do is real work.

I won't complain about it though - but I am aiming to slowly educate folks and get my working day tighter. I want my evenings and weekends free - like anyone does smile

1. twobmad profile image59
      twobmadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am a full time student. At the same time I am a full scholar at my school. There is a requirement that I must maintain my grade 1.75 in average. Huh.. hope ,my spent time in hubpages wont affect my grades.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71

Same here sad

4. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

No.

I just work all the time smile

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I'd like to follow a timetable - ie get up and start work at 8am and knock off at 5pm like normal workers do, but it's not really possible because my internet access is a shaky mobile dongle and the connection speed always improves at night time. So I find myself working from about 11.30am when I get up till 3 - 4am, except on days I have to leave the house to go shopping, pay bills etc.

So I am not the only one. smile
      BTW I get about the same internet speed 24 hours a day but still my days aren't very productive.

6. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Well, as soon as someone figures out how to make a day contain, say, 36 hours or so, I'll have every night free to do what I want instead of working. smile

Workaholic? smile

7. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 13 years ago

Part of my reason for working at home and for myself was to be free of a time table.  I don't follow a set schedule, I don't work all the time. 

I have some online schooling I'm also doing, I have a garden I love (doesn't take much time now but it will come summer), I have friends and family, and I travel.

If you work for yourself and you don't have your evenings and weekends free and you wish you did, it means either you are working very inefficiently or it's not really a priority for you to actualy have that free time.

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seriously, I think it's just that I have a hard time distinguishing working from doing whatever I like.

It's partly that I honestly do love my work - there is so little of it that I find even the tiniest bit onerous that it mostly feels like play to me.  Because I do so many different things every day, I almost never feel compelled to one task and can always switch to something else should that not be my cup of tea right then.

So it's really hard for me to say if I spend most of my day goofing around or working. I can find a way to label 90% of it as work, but I could easily label 70% as play, too.

I don't think of weekends free. Anytime is free, and anytime is work.  Shrug.. it's mostly the same thing, at least for me.

1. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like you've found your proper space, and the right balance for yourself.  To me, that's the goal.  For me that right balance is times of concentrated working, and very definitely not working (esp as many of those times are sans internet). 

Essentially, if you work for yourself, and you find yourself thinking that you wish you weren't doing what you are doing, or you wish you were doing something else... Then you have a problem, because the only person who can grant those wishes also happens to be you, and for some reason you aren't doing it.

2. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You see - my reasons for working at home are different. They're accidental. I work as I do because I needed a job. After trying unsuccessfully to find one the usual way - apply, interview, start work, I realised that that I had to figure out a solution (to enjoying a regular income) instead of viewing the rather horrible job situation as a barrier to income.

Hence what I now do. That said - I would like to keep more regular hours because that's what I prefer (or maybe what I'm use to). As time passes and I find that external influences creep in, sometimes I do enjoy the freedom to get up and go, respond (like last week when I got the most awful news over the phone) and so on.

Maybe I should just get off the office band wagon and go with the flow.

8. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 13 years ago

Most internet marketers know that their best work happens between midnight and 4:00 AM.

1. Midnight Oil profile image83
      Midnight Oilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That will be me then - hence the name !! 

Writing is a lonely job and those hours are the quietest here - no kid, wife, TV, calls, e-mails or other distractions...

I like writing in the morning. Writing involves thinking and by night your brain is kind of tired.

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's just like me too - although I am on here many hours, I get most of my actual writing done in the morning (or in the first hours after rising each day). Later on I spend the time promoting, or just hanging around forums or even playing Spider Solitaire. When my internet access is fast enough I spend hours on keyword research too.

9. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

Hubbing is so addictive.  I'm spending so much time in front of the computer researching my topics.  My laptop and I are very close now... I think we are BFF.  Now seriously, do your school work first and then do your hub.  As a student, you know how to schedule your courses and study time, so treat hubbing as an extra course.  I hope this helps a little.  All the best.

10. H.C Porter profile image81
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

At first I had a hard time knowing when I should stop working- log off the internet and focus on something away from cyber space... Now- I have more of a schedule, and know how to pace myself so I do not become burnt out- don't neglect my home or family and stay affective in all areas of my life.

Now I am jealous big_smile

11. universalcable profile image42
    universalcableposted 13 years ago

If you love your work do not forget to save alot of your income. You may be out of job and you need to depend on your income.

12. Amanda Sarvis profile image60
    Amanda Sarvisposted 13 years ago

Just starting out here at Hubpages...I'm trying to get things on something of a schedule, but it's tough doing it around a full-time job with varying hours.  And having to shovel all this snow every couple of days sure doesn't help!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)