The Obama Lies On Tax Increases

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (42 posts)
  1. lady_love158 profile image60
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 … on_LEADTop

For all of his fans that insist he's as pure as driven snow... WSJ documents one of his lies. Yeah sure he didn't raise taxes!

2. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Of course every person in that largest-TV-audience-in-the-history-of-TV was thinking the same thing!
    No, Obama didn't raise my personal income taxes. I even got a little something extra back from the government.
    But those poor pharmaceutical and health insurance companies got hit in the wallet. They sure did!
    How can he lie this way?
    Taxes are taxes! Taxes on the businesses that are holding us hostage count too!
    We are ALL Americans! Me, Big Pharma, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna.

lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes but those taxes will be passed onto you through higher prices... so that poor little girl that had to have her legs amputated now has to pay more for her wheel chair... yes liberals are soooo compasionate!

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whose fault is that? Stop allowing business to screw people over like that! If they don't like paying taxes in exchange for getting filthy rich here---go to Dubai.

Chin Chin Cheney will meet them at the airport...show them around all his favorite places...you know, like the Torture Museum, the Laugh-at-the-Poor House, the Unitary Executive Roller Coaster.
        Then take a picture with him at the end. Funny thing though, his image never comes out on film!?!

Well---it's only a matter of time before Karma catches up to us all.

2. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"No, Obama didn't raise my personal income taxes. I even got a little something extra back from the government."

lol No, you got a little something extra from me and the millions who actually pay taxes.

This is why liberals can never be taken serious.

You don't even know who's money it is.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do you assume that many of us don't pay taxes. I've got proof on every paycheck of how much is taken out. Getting something back isn't about NOT paying taxes, it means you OVERPAID. That's all.

So Lalo, run for office instead of bi*** about the liberals. Put your money where your mouth is. Become a solution not part of the problem.

1. Jim Hunter profile image60

They took less payroll taxes out last year.

Most of what will be returned comes from the earned income credit which is not earned income at all.

It isn't the governments money.

Its mine..

If it's your money, why are we borrowing from China to give it to you?

lol lol lol lol

2. Daniel Carter profile image62

We're all throwing it in the same pot, so it's OURS, which then becomes the money of the government. We all contributed.

Earned income credit doesn't apply if I get any taxes back. If I get anything back, it's because I overpaid.

You're right....my bad

2. lady_love158 profile image60

You libs like taxes and government sooo much you shouldn't ask for anything back! LOL

I think they should donate my money to a tree planting service and plant a tree to help circumvent the effects of global warming.

Or some other useless symbolic act that they are fond of.

Like worshipping a dead president?

I would rather worship a dead COMPETENT President than a live INCOMPETENT one.

Obamablessyou

2. lovemychris profile image76

We don't. It all goes to the top 2%!
                Open your eyes.

3. Daniel Carter profile image62

I'm not a lib. Your mistake. I do NOT believe in big government at all. I just think your all or nothing approach to life and liberty is dangerous. Fanaticism is as much a part of the problem as bad politics on either side of the isle.

In summary, I don't see a lot of clear, rational thought in any of your posts and writings. It's all knee-jerk, reactive, all good/all bad, us-against-them thinking. I don't see how that's good problem solving or finding insights to anything.

Oh so a desire for less government intrusion and self reliance is now considered fanatisism by the left? I wonder what's the compromise for freedom?

I don't think you read what I posted. Which is no surprise.

"I wonder what's the compromise for freedom?"

Me too. Do I have to die to satisfy your religious beliefs about my life?

2. Jim Hunter profile image60

"It's all knee-jerk, reactive, all good/all bad, us-against-them thinking. I don't see how that's good problem solving or finding insights to anything."

You don't see how "us-against-them" has problem solving abilities?

Once we defeat you and your kind the problem is solved.

Look at the November elections for a description.

Me and my kind?
                    Do you have any friends, or are they all "them" to you?

"So Lalo, run for office instead of bi*** about the liberals. Put your money where your mouth is. Become a solution not part of the problem."

I swear, I didn't see this before i posted to Jim!!

We are thinking the same...."Put up or Shut up"!

lol lol lol lol

3. lady_love158 profile image60

I would but I'm already too busy working on the campaigns of Bachmann and Palin to jump in myself.

Figures. Did you hear what Nancy Davis said about them? She said her father was a Rhodes Scholar compared to those 2.

heeheehee

You mean Pattie Davis... its not like she's any authority or anything.

Drug use..

Err, duh...she's his kid!!! She knows him better than you do!

She also said her father would be disturbed at how Sarah Palin seems to enjoy killing animals. sad

3. Mighty Mom profile image76

I've been taking it in the shorts from the health insurance companies since 2002 when I started paying my own premiums, copays and deductibles.
    At some point they will price themselves out of business and people simply will not pay.
    I don't feel sorry for the health insurers or big pharma.
    They've had more than a good run.
    But America is saying "Enough is enough."

"But America is saying "Enough is enough.""

Yes we certainly are.

Bye bye democrats.

4. Mighty Mom profile image76

Excuse me, Jim
    Are you accusing me of not paying taxes?
    You are the king of odd insults, but that could be the oddest yet.

You got money back?

Then you didn't pay income tax.

If you are insulted by that so be it.

5. Mighty Mom profile image76

Don't be so sure about that. Obama ain't down and he certainly ain't out!

But alas, I must leave you and LaLo to your own amusement.
    I have to go meet a client to do work -- for which I am paid, and in turn pay the federal and state government taxes.
    Really. Not all Democrats live on welfare.

"Don't be so sure about that. Obama ain't down and he certainly ain't out!"

Yes he is.

I will bet you 6 months of posting time that you are wrong. He wins--you go for 6 months. He loses, I go.

Put your money where your mouth is.

lol lol lol lol

Is that a bet?

6. Mighty Mom profile image76

If you read the post it is clear I am speaking from the point-of-view of the Super Bowl audience. I am not speaking for me personally.
    My point -- which either went right over your head or you deliberately ducked -- is that the average SB viewer would personalize the discussion of taxes. Most people would not listen to Obama's comment about "I lowered taxes" and think to themselves, "Oh no you didn't! Your health care bill raises taxes on health related industries."

That's all I was sayin.

7. lady_love158 profile image60
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

Wouldn't it be better to plant a liberal, or are they only good as fertilizer? LOL

8. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Or will I be forced to do something against my will...forced by the gvt in the most personal of issues?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)