Is this a Link Farm

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. world of the wise profile image68
    world of the wiseposted 13 years ago

Hi, i have 8 blogs, they are all related in content and all have good traffic. The issue is that, i have cross linked all of them. I mean, each blog has linked to the other. This means that 8 blogs of the same niche are linking to each other

Could that be a link farm?

1. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No.

Engadgeted, CNET, Ziff Devis Network, Vivendi Universal, Demand Media and many other sites link their properties in footer (or header using dropdown menu). Do you think that is a link farm ? It's really sad to see that people these days are afraid of linking to their own properties.

2. world of the wise profile image68

Hope you got me right, all my 8 sites have links to each other. I mean, each site links to the other. But they are all of the same niche with unique content

Even if they're in same niche, i don't see any problem with it because the content is unique in each site.

2. Aware1 profile image60
      Aware1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

From what I am learning, they could in fact be considered a link farm if you have them hosted by the same company, BECAUSE they will have the same IP address. What I am hearing is that, they should be individually hosted in seperate places with different IP's to be accredited with backlinking.

This is still confusing to me, but it is what the high techy, webmaster sites are saying...

3. world of the wise profile image68

I have all my blogs on blogger, so, is it affecting?

So these are blogger blogs on same topic ? In that case links will have less value. By the way aware1 is pointing towards class-c ip variation for hosted content, which is not applicable in your case.

2. Aware1 profile image60
      Aware1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you have seperate domain names or are you using the blogspot.com? If you are using a blogger domain, then G knows they are all you - epecially if you have adsence on all of then. And I would say, yes, that would be considered a link farm though small. From what I have learned (and mind you there are countless opinions) I am not an SEO expert... your links will not be counted and may negatively affect your sites.

Even if you have each domain hosted seperatly - if you are using adsense and have analytics for each... it would not be good to connect them. This is seen as an attempt to manipulate your rankings, from what the seasoned webmasters are saying. G could ask, why do you need 8 sites on the same niche instead of one? Especially if you have nearly the same content regurgitated in different words... bad

I cannot say what will and what will not affect, there seems to be a very deep cave to the linking world... I'm just sharing some insight to information I have gathered.

4. bee05 profile image60
    bee05posted 13 years ago

Wow, you're lucky if google didn't delete your blogs because when I did this with my 3 blogs linking to each other, they got  deleted. All my blogs were at blogger too. Good luck.

5. world of the wise profile image68

Well my blogs are the same niche but for audiences in different countries. This makes them some what unique from each other.

One of them is a blogspot.com and the other 7 are custom domains. Actually, all of them are performing well in the audiences of the respective countries. Take an example of tourism blogs ie tourism in Kenya, Tanzania, USA, UK...and so on

I have all of them on blogger and linking to each other, they all have adsense on them.

6. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

No, Hubpages is far from a link farm.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)