Can anyone guide me?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

I am finally asking fellow hubbers for help as HP won't reply to my email.
    My question is, why would they reject a hub even when I have removed all amazon products except one for a 250 word hub??

1. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is Amazon listed as the reason? If it is, how many possible products are selected to appear? If 6 are selected in the edit box and only 1 appears, then 300 words would be minimum.
      Or, is there an Amazon capsule not being used still on the page that can only be seen in edit mode?
      Since I can't see the hub, I am asking these questions.

Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Micheal, I had more Amazon capsules and I have removed all of them except one and the single Amazon capsule remaining on my hub is set to display just one product. And, there was no particular reason mentioned on the hub or in the email. In email, there was a bunch of those rules.

1. Michael Willis profile image67
          Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It might be some kind of glitch. I have read where some hubbers removed amazon products and still got unpublished. Hopefully HP will get this resolved for you quickly! smile

2. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am sure you will recieve a reply early in the week. Hang in there, when change happens there is always a few growing pains. The will get it resolved. smile

I wish they had enough staff to take them through the change. Thanks for replying anyways.

2. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

I hear that Maddie has people helping her. We know Maddie is more forgiving wink and am sure we have experienced how some people are literally 'by the book' people regarding rules tongue I thought that short Hubs (especially for our poets) were OK with extra 'media' like videos and links otherwise - I don't know why they would reject it. sad I'm still awaiting approval too.

They could have told me that the hub is short or something.

3. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

Are you sure it is the Amazon issue? 250 words makes it a very short hub.

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll second this question/reason.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71

Maybe. But I thought 250 words were enough for that hub. Secondly, if I had known it was because of less number of words, I could've edited it properly and submitted it.

1. Ritsos profile image40
        Ritsosposted 13 years agoin reply to this

why not edit it and add another (useful) 50 words or more and re-submit and see what happens. I recently added copy to my history of reggae hub which I'd basically put only a paragraph then youtube vids. It was an early one and just wanted to get several hubs up. It got rejected so I wrote an article to go with it and it was back online in less than a day

I might, but in this reply I was referring to my previous post where I mentioned that HP won't reply to my email. So, they could've simply said that the hub is too short by replying to my email.

1. lrohner profile image69
            lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When you say they "won't reply," when did you send them an email? And what did their email to you state?

2. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

One of the things I still struggle with is when one of my hubs needs fixing I can only determine if it has warnings by editing the hub...Now if I do not check email daily then I may not know if a hub needs correcting...not sure if I am missing something but it sounds like the same issue you have

4. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

When the first round of e.mails about Amazon capsules (etc) went out, I had some that needed products trimmed from them.  I may have missed some, and if I get any notices about them I'll trim them too.  Other than that, if I get any notices that they aren't up to par I'm just going to delete them and do "the next thing" with them.  I got one notice for a "shortie" that I wrote ages ago.  I just dumped it (and just as well).  I'm not going to fix any (as far as I can tell).  Something like a "shortie" is just to too easy to replace with something else (but also use somewhere else.  Maybe that's not the wisest approach, so I'm not recommending anyone else use it.  It's just that I don't want to keep re-visiting old Hubs, having them haunt me, etc.  smile

5. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Got a reply from them...

Here it is:

Hello,

"
    This hub is short and contains passages that do not meet our standards of quality. For example:

Now, as of my opinion, artificial grapes are a necessary part of the fridge decorations

Please revise this hub and submit it for review.
    "

Too short, I get. But the rest -- seriously? They allow hubs like this:

"las vegas dating single match finder is the most popular keyward in online. there are lot of website which provide las vegas match finder easy way. some of famouse website and las vegas single search listed here !!

and yet ding you on that one sentence? Really?

That is all I got from them so apparently someone from the staff didn't like my opinion on artificial grapes. sad

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Easy solution.

Turn it into a poem. Just hit the space bar at the end of every sentence, and make sure you categorize it correctly.

That's it. It won't be touched then unless it is overly promotional.

6. SandyMcCollum profile image64
    SandyMcCollumposted 13 years ago

Maybe it's the "my opinion" part they disagree with?

That shouldn't have anything to do with it. Stating opinion does not make a hub "purely personal."

Granted, the grammar isn't perfect. But it's heads and tails above a lot of the cr*p that's out there.

7. suncat profile image61
    suncatposted 13 years ago

Things of that sort may happen purely because of the system glitches but when an actual person looks into that he/she may not find what the problem is and give you a 'no solution' answer.

If you want to keep the url, try to clear out everything and publish again, then add the things you want one by one and see which one would make it a problem, then fix that.

Or, if you remove the hub you can then follow the same steps and have the same url perhaps, since the first one would be completely removed. But I don't know if there is any time period that the system would still have an old url in the memory and would prevent you from reusing it.

I'd say the first way is safer, just try to publish a very clean hub instead of the old one, hope it works.

Guess you didn't read all the posts above.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your article is too short and written in poor English. The fact that there are worse articles still on the site does not affect that.

I suggest bringing the word count up to a minimum of 400 words and correct the grammatical errors.

Aficionada offers a proof reading and English mentoring service. http://hubpages.com/profile/Aficionada

I would take her up on it if I were you because it looks as though HP is getting rid if the bad grammar.

Good luck

2. suncat profile image61
        suncatposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I read the posts and what I suggest you do is publish a very clean article in the same space you have the old one that is not approved.

Try to rewrite it so that it gets published. Remove all amazon, just try to write a fresh new article as cleanly as you can.

After you publish it, add the things you need piece by piece again and see if they go through.

Hope it works out for you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)