What is everyone's plans for 4th of July?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (28 posts)
  1. hotwebideas profile image63
    hotwebideasposted 12 years ago

I am spending with daughter in Sunny New Jersey and going to the beach.

What are you doing?

1. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...stay outa everyones way!

Watch the fireworks in a comfy old rockin' chair on the front porch with some orange juice, some good vodka and alota ice cubes!

Qwark

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I have no plans for that specific day. However, I do plan on attending the local fireworks show, in the city I live in, and then plan on attending the fireworks show in the larger city closest to my home.

I live in Chicopee, Mass, which is only a few minutes away from Springfield, Mass, where the larger show will be. smile

1. kat11 profile image61
      kat11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Our 4th is always celebrate the Saturday before the 4th. Our community has street dancing, bands, and activities the whole day. Then the fireworks that night. I am not much for the loud noises the fireworks are so I will probably stay home, swim my pool and my husband goes with the local Boy scout troop for the week of summer camp to be a adult volunteer.

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

We're still undecided. I want to float the river and camp, and my husband wants to stay home and cook out. I see a cook out in our future.

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Prolly do some Q. We're not going anywhere because we leave July 9th for vacation - a week on Anna Maria Island! YAY!!!!!
    Anyway, we can see the fireworks display from our pool and deck, so why get in the crowd? lol

hotwebideasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

habee, when you say Q, what do you mean? LOL

Also, I Anna Maria Island is by Georgia?

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Q" is barbecue.

Anna Maria Island is in Florida, below Tampa, in the Gulf of Mexico. Gorgeous place!

5. Tracy Lynn Conway profile image93
    Tracy Lynn Conwayposted 12 years ago

The Fourth of the July is my favorite holiday so I just had to reply to this question with a smile. 

Having grown up in NYC I was lucky enough to see the Macy's firework displays from different sides of the City on numerous occasions...it was AMAZING!

Now that I live in a rural New England town my kids and I enjoy the local town firework display from a blanket on a baseball field. We usually Q (thanks habee smile) in the day and head to town in the evening.  It is still my favorite holiday no matter where I am.

Happy Forth of July!

hotwebideasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Tracy, thanks for the follow. I am now following you back.

Happy Fourth!

1. Tracy Lynn Conway profile image93
        Tracy Lynn Conwayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome! Thank you for the follow smile

6. earner profile image82
    earnerposted 12 years ago

As 4th July is basically "Thank God we got rid of the British" Day, we don't celebrate it in England smile

1. habee profile image93

LOL!!

7. recommend1 profile image59
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

As a Brit I had no interest until I had a major road accident on the 4th July that killed my buddy, crippled a girl for life and smashed my legs, face and hands.

I normally celebrate being alive, remember the guy who did not make it and telephone the girl for a chat.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Our holiday is July 1st. I won't be doing anything special other than watching all the William and Kate news...they are visiting this weekend.

I'm also going to watch some of the ITunes Festival from London on my iPad.

9. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years ago

I am heading to the Lake of the Ozarks.  I can hardly wait.

10. Google Gal profile image61
    Google Galposted 12 years ago

With my daughter turning 16 on the 2nd and a bbq on the third and fireworks and parades on the fourth I'm going to have a three day party smile smile haha but its gonna be fun smile

11. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I will be recovering from a hang over obtained on July 1st.. otherwise known as "Canada Day', which celebrates Canada's birthday in 1867....

as well as the manufacture and distribution of alcohol

1. Google Gal profile image61
      Google Galposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hangovers suck - good luck to ya on that one smile

12. DentalHelper84 profile image58
    DentalHelper84posted 12 years ago

Nothing for the 4th but the 3rd we are going to be a big event at our church with water slides, volley ball, talent show and all kinds of fun stuff! big_smile

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

won't the water slide interfere with the alter and pews?

1. habee profile image93

Great way to do mass baptisms!

1. Greek One profile image63
          Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

or burials 'at sea'

13. cardelean profile image87
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

Celebrating my son's 3rd birthday!  He is a true firecracker!  smile

14. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

I will have a week's vacation!!!!!
    First in 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope I will not get sick from overrest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://serve.mysmiley.net/jumping/jumping0001.gif

15. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 12 years ago

We're going to a big ol' country auction just a little ways from here, just me and hubby Tom....we can't wait! big_smile

16. sassyk73 profile image71
    sassyk73posted 12 years ago

Going to Illinois to spend time with my family and probably some fireworks. I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday smile

17. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

July 1 celebration in Canada...leaving this a.m. for a ride over the rockies...and while i'm at it, i thought i might as well include July 4.

Hey Panda...peace to you...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)