Care to rage with me?!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)
  1. VoltaireZ profile image59
    VoltaireZposted 12 years ago

I watched "Fair Game" last night. I'm one of the few people who didn't believe Sadam had WMD's, before the war. I can't precisely say why, but I thought it was bullshit! Now we know it was bullshit, and we shot and hung people after WWII for the war crime waging a war of aggression, who new all these Nazi's and Japanese had to do was claim, "We thought they had WMD's?" Where are the trials?

Then there's the Wall Street housing bubble collapse, and everyone knows people broke laws, lot of people, lots of laws, where are the trials?

We line in the most corrupt and apathetic time in American history (I think), and Americans will express more outrage and anger over the plot of some super hero movie, than the endless wars and endless pilfering of the middle classes wealth that has and is going on.

Well I think we ought to be able to at least have our own "day of rage" on line even if we've not the will or courage to have one in the streets.

Say what you will. It's a free country...or was.

I think they should be lined up and shot!

VoltaireZposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For the record, this is rhetoric. I'm a pacifist, but a mighty damn angry one!!

2. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WMD's? What do you think is a WMD? Let's forget your assumption of Nuclear kind. The "Nuclear" assumption is public based. The public was given just enough information for the assumption to be available. Last time I checked, there was more than ONE reason for the War in Iraq.
      The above statement is literally foolish, if ever one was more foolish?, who knows.

The problem with why the collapse came is three-fold (a)citizens, (b)corporations and (c)government- each had a hand in it.
      I will agree with a portion of the above statement, but that's about all. The middle class only works to make others wealthy, while they struggle. It's been happening far too long.
      You see, that's the problem. Not enough people to physically stand for what's right, just because it's right. Never mind spreading their supposed beliefs online, without a clue, that their own actions actually have no value. That was not directed at you, in particular, but people in general.
      It is a free country, when it isn't be distorted or manipulated by others, to be something it is not.
      I guess it's a good thing it's not solely up to you. roll

What reason was their for the Iraq war and bringing about the death of hundreds of thousands of people, that was "legal," according to the laws we set up after WWII? What was the reason Bush and Dick gave to the American people for the war?

Did you actually believe their were WMD's in Iraq? Did you think the international inspectors were boobs? Are you getting your news from Murdock? Did you watch Fair Game?

3. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"I'm one of the few people who didn't believe Sadam had WMD's"

What exactly do you mean by weapons of mass destruction?

I bet these people would disagree with you if they could.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Anfal_Campaign

But they can't.

y God you're ignorant. I know Saddam gassed his own people. Do you know that the US lied to the international community, to protect Saddam from the repercussions of what he did. We gave him the helicopters. We gave him WMD's. He was our monster and we were glad to have him, until he wasn't our monster anymore. I'm not saying getting rid of Saddam wasn't a noble goal for the US, but rushing into a clumsy war with lies, that has probably brought about the death of 500,000 to over a million people, is criminal. And now with genuine democratic uprisings in the Middle East it seems even more stupid. By the way, there are plenty of horrors going on in the world we are doing nothing about, that we could do something about, without nearly the cost in money or lives.

F...k u! for thinking I didn't care about those people, that I didn't despise Saddam. I couldn't live a day in Saddam's Iraq. He'd have me killed, because I speak truth to power. The truth is, we invaded Iraq for oil, and military bases in the Middle East, not to save anyone.

4. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Only one presidential nominee has a non-contradictory explanation for all of these problems.

I highly recommend looking into Ron Paul.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"one of the few people who didn't believe Sadam had WMD's, before the war. I can't precisely say why, but I thought it was bullshit!" Its because there was no problem until all of a sudden there was a problem, contradicting everything that had gone before. Most people were skeptical until Powell went to the UN and lied his head off.

Actually, for me, it was what Powell said that convinced me we had nothing, on Iraq. I couldn't believe how stupid the "evidence" he was putting forth. But, and this is going to sound weird, but I often know things for unfathomable reasons, intuition, or viewing information from a future perspective, something very different. Anyways, Powell's comments I thought to be the opposite of diffinative (sp?) but he did lie. They all lied! It's crazy! It's might makes right, and make a mockery of the Nuremberg Trials, as well as many other international laws our nation worked hard to establish, and then to make it all be paid for by the middle class and the elderly! AHHHHHHH!

3. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

you know, I'd really like to rage about the world and politics? but honestly, I hardly know anything really about world politics and the crazies that run it - and plus, I'm afraid - very afraid that if I speak up about everything I do know I'll get punished somehow.  call me paranoid, but its the truth.  So even if I did understand what youall be talking about, I still won't say nothing - no reprisals, 'k?  I'm cool with it.  Whatever stupid shite they wanna do - just don't hurt me.

Well see "Fair Game." You lived through it. You might as well understand a bit more of it. But if your afraid to speak out, well I won't shame you their. I will say though, there are quite ways to rage!

4. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 12 years ago

From what I understand, Powell was against going to war with Iraq. Bush replaced him because Powell seemed too level headed for the Bush/Cheney duo. Bottoms line is that Bush lied to us and the world. Our great grandchidren will be paying for that a**hole's screw ups and lies.

While I like Powell on some level, and think he was used and in opposition to much of the Bush/Cheney policy,  the mark of a real leader is their willingness to accept responsibility for their errors. If he was mislead, he should be the most vocal person out their to "fix" the system, even more he should place himself in front of the international court, because he's responsible for the US going to war, not some little thing...a war!!!

5. Dan Smith profile image60
    Dan Smithposted 12 years ago

Actually, Saddam gassed the Kurds.  They are separatist that want to make their own country from parts of Turkey and Iraq.  If Saddam needed to go for attacking secessionist, then Abraham Lincoln did to.  "He gassed his own people" is true, but it's also pure popoganda spin.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)