Canadians EH!?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Neerizzle profile image70
    Neerizzleposted 12 years ago

Just wondering if there are any other Canadians here. I'm sure there are, but I haven't come across any.

I'm from Ontario, I go to school in Waterloo but am originally from Mississauga (Toronto).

2. mtkomori profile image89
    mtkomoriposted 12 years ago

Hi, nice to know there's a fellow hubber in town! I live in Waterloo, Ontario, not too far from University of Waterloo. Been on hubpages since Feb 2010. I think there's another hubber who lives in Kitchener whom I've been in touch earlier this year.We were discussing the possibility of a meetup but we never finalized anything. Would you be interested in organizing a meetup in Kitchener-Waterloo?

3. Johnjfernando profile image61
    Johnjfernandoposted 12 years ago

Hi! I'm from Etobicoke(Toronto). I never thought that I would run into any fellow hubbers from Canada. I'd be delighted to meet up. I'm going to look around for hubbers in our area. It would be ironic but, cool to actually become friends through hubpages.

4. That Grrl profile image72
    That Grrlposted 12 years ago

I'm in Barrie, Ontario. I've driven all over southern Ontario, road trips for urban/ rural exploration.

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

there's a few of us around...west coaster here...used to be a '416er'...yikes big_smile big_smile

6. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

I'm from North York and I've lived here all my life in one place or another.

7. Rosie2010 profile image66
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Hi fellow Canadians!  From Toronto here..

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5753187_f248.jpg

8. bloggernotjogger profile image60
    bloggernotjoggerposted 12 years ago

I´m a Canadian from Toronto. I´m currently living in Spain.

1. Rosie2010 profile image66
      Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages, bloggernotjogger!  Are you loving Spain?

1. bloggernotjogger profile image60
        bloggernotjoggerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Like any place, there are pros and cons. My biggest struggle is making a living. My greatest annoyance is the level of bureaucracy. Health care is very good. Education is better in Canada. The weather is awesome.

1. mtkomori profile image89
          mtkomoriposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello bloggernotjogger,I am a Japanese citizen currently living in Waterloo, Ontario. Could you possibly write a hub about life in Spain? I lived in Salamanca, Spain way back in the summer of 1987 as a student taking a summer course at the Univ of Salamanca. I spent 5 weeks there and had the most wonderful time. I've been meaning to visit but never have. Granted, spending one summer is very different from actually making a living there. My Spanish is very rusty now; is it still  hard to get by without speaking Spanish? Also what part of Spain do you live now? I would be very interested in learning about life in Spain in 2012. My memories of Salamanca are way too old to be of any relevance, I'm sure!

9. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 12 years ago

I'm half Canadian.  Mum's from Ottawa, and all my family on that side live in Ontario or Quebec.

10. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 12 years ago

Hi,

I'm a "new Canadian" from the UK.  Lived here since 1996 and have two Canadian children.  We live in Victoria on the West Coast.

1. That Grrl profile image72
      That Grrlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My Dad was from the UK originally. In school I thought I was pretty neat being a first generation Canadian on his side of the family. Years late to say "Welcome to Canada" but... smile

11. ar.colton profile image80
    ar.coltonposted 12 years ago

Canadian from British Columbia here. Great to meet everyone. I'm surprised ther aren't more people posting on this thread. I know there are more Canadians than this on HP.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)