Tax avoidance is it morally reprehensible or to be accepted as a norma

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)
  1. edmob1 profile image61
    edmob1posted 12 years ago

I am not interested in illegal tax declaration but the aviodance of tax. It seems to me most free market economies have some leeway for this.Also there is the question of what would happen with the accounts and lawyers working in this area.

1. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well IMO its terrible, people may see tax avoidance or even just clever use of taxation loopholes as just but really you are robbing everyone and cheating the whole nation out of the dollars they need and which you should give for the services the nation renders to you. The only time it is ok to avoid taxation is if its on moral grounds because you cannot support the actions of your government in which case your protest should be open and the money that would have been taxed should be donated.

1. Josak profile image59

to charity*

2. edmob1 profile image61
    edmob1posted 12 years ago

Interesting I like the donation idea.How it you go about getting goverment to agree you have the morals grounds could be difficult.

3. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 12 years ago

old post but, I don't think the government should get any money when the budget put forth has a blatant deficit that exceeds 25% percent of the budget total

let's see 4.5 trillion with approxamtely 1.5 in deficit would be close to a third in deficit.. more cosely around 27-8 percent of total budget is in deficit..

compare it to GDP and it becomes much lower percentagewise but c'mon when a third of the total is in deficit thats a damn shame!

when the budget becomes that easy to let out of control then its no longer tha avoider who should be considered the criminal here. Even Tax cheat geightner is less criminal than the the person budgeting over 25 percent of total.thats the real crime

Instead of a balanced budget amendment which only allows the budget to be exactly in balance why not a Budget Cap Amendment that can't exceed 20 or 25 percent of total budget to allow some flexibility while restraining unregulated spending?

4. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

Tax Evasion is heroic. I salute the tax evader.

5. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 12 years ago

Tax evader or tax protester.? Irwin schiff is an example of tax protestor. He outright openly lets the establishment know what he's doing. Geightner just plain hides it. He would be an evader.  While it may be cowardly compared to Schiff its much smarter since cuffs don't get applied. In all actuality in this day and age it's no wonder people try it. The government's out of hand when this type of deficit spending is allowed to happen. Who wants to give money to a corrupt out of control beaurocracy. Normally it would be patriotic to pay in to the limited government but since its no longer limited I could care less about patriotism.

6. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Tax "avoidance" is simply being aware of the tax rules and setting up one's company to get the maximum benefit and minimum penalties from them. This is not in the slightest illegal and is a route open to anyone. You can either find out the strategies on your own or pay an accountant. I pay an accountant anyway, because I do not wish the hassle of dealing with company and personal tax returns. He shows me how to save more in tax than I pay him, by totally legal routes. I save about 8% of my income, which would otherwise be lost to tax. My accountant earns money which goes towards supporting him and an office of three support staff in an area where unemployment is rife. I gain, and I contribute to keeping four people in work - everyone is a winner as far as I am concerned!

1. Josak profile image59

What about people who need indigent care is hospitals or remote communities who need roads or programs the help the homeless, they all lose. as a consequence we all lose.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)