My answer is copied, help!

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Jynzly profile image63
    Jynzlyposted 12 years ago

Five days ago, starstream posted the question "Do you draw for fun? Tell us a little about your art." Then the next day, four days ago I posted my answer as follows; "Drawing people, trees, birds, mountains and landscapes, rivers and many things to express my feelings and mood and my present condition. I am careful of what I draw because most of my drawings are premonitions to what is to happen to me in the future. For example; I had this drawing of a rice paddy on a plane down a valley that was just my imagination. Two months after the drawing, I found this valley in a very far away place in the South. I was on an emergency visit for the first time to that place. voteupdown | (+1) | 4 days ago...

Then about some minutes back today i saw this aginfoweb having my answer copied as this, "24 aginfoweb says I am careful of what I draw because most of my drawings are premonitions to what is to happen to me in the future.People, trees, birds, mountains and landscapes, rivers and many things to express my feelings and mood and my present condition. For example; I had this drawing of a rice paddy on a plane down a valley that was just my imagination. Two months after the drawing, I was on an emergency visit for the first time to that place. I found this valley in a very far away place in the South. voteupdown | (+1) | 41 minutes ago

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

Just go and vote the answer down. Report the profile if you like. There is nothing more you can do. All material on forums and answers have actually been licensed permanently to HubPages, anyway. Very different from hubs.

Jynzlyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, I had reported. I didn't know how but I found out how.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome. Good job! Reports are pouring in.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I don't understand what he expects to get out of it. Maybe he thinks we earn money by answering questions? Anyway, I found the question you answered and voted his answer down, 2 others did too smile

I'd keep an eye on him to see if he starts copying hubs next.

Thank you Uninvited Writer,
      This is what I am scared of in the net. I had been abused so many times in the net; hacked, cloned and what more, now my answer is copied. I don't know what else this kind of people do.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

Yep, I helped out.  Good place, HubPages, when we can show a little support.

Thank you.

1. Cardisa profile image89
        Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I bet it's one of those spammers.

1. calpol25 profile image59
          calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

They get everywhere those spammers, I hate them.
          I think they should be taken outside and lined up against a wall and given a good talking too smile

Horrible people spammers sad

1. Cardisa profile image89
            Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol....talking to? I would love to see what you consider "talking to".....lol smile

I was trying to avoid violence at the spammers lol smile and give them a good talking to first and then if that fails I may throw them under a bus smile lol lol

2. Jynzly profile image63

calpol25,
            Can't the spammers be stopped by hubpages from joining here? I should like to believe that hubpages is the safest site.

Hi Jynzly yes the HP team are fast to respond to these spammers but its also up to us to report them as well too as some do slip through the net sad

1. profile image0

In this case, it was a matter of someone duplicating part of the OP's answer, posting their answer in the very same question. It was so obvious. I have had the same thing happen to me on the forum. I think the situation is being over-dramatized here. Just a newbie trying to get some free exposure. But I did report their profile immediately.

Thanks WE - you see Jynzly they are quick to act when its brought to light, so dont be paranoid any more, we are in good hands  smile x

1. profile image0

You are welcome. Zero Tolerance is good.

WE,
                  I reported the profile too but I don't know if there was an action; maybe there was but I just have not seen it yet.

1. profile image0

Good! Such communications are not shared with others. The Hubber in question may have received an official warning not to do that again, so that will be something for them to remember.

calpol25,
                This is the reason why I love hubpages; it is evident by my posted items here. I love the people here, the writings, the variety and the concern for one another. Thanks again.

Your welcome Jynzly and we love you too smile
                  If you have any more problems please post them or contact us or the HP team and they will be straight in there to sort it out smile

calpol25 and WE,
                    I am very thankful to both of you; you gave me some sort of assurance that I am safe here. Sure I will post the question here when I have problems similar to this...God forbid.

Cardisa,
          I agree with you. I hope the spammers will leave me alone for good. I already have paranoia in the net because of them.

Mark Ewbie,
      Thanks for the support.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)