If You Don't Believe in Evolution...

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)
  1. canadawest99 profile image60
    canadawest99posted 11 years ago

Then why have you taken antibiotics in your life, or have an annual flu shot or vaccinations?  Did you get a swine flu shot a few years back?

Or if you have had a serious disease like cancer or the like, why have you accepted modern treatments for this?   

These are frontline fights by doctors against the very process that is making us ill.  These micro-organisms have very short lifespans, thus they can rapidly reproduce and create following generations with the characteristics that can sometimes overcome our drugs.   Thats why you get a different flu shot formula very year.  Swine flu and bird flu mutated so much that they were able to jump across species and infect humans.   The reason cancer is hard to beat is because it rapidly mutates for survival.  Same as HIV and host of other diseases.   

But if that is too arcane of an example for you, lets try another. The very food you eat is an example of man evoked evolution.  Scientists and geneticists take cultivars of the best food characteristics and blend them together until they produce a viable offspring.  Thats how you get the red crispy apples.  Thats how you get fruits and vegetables with the traits people desire.  Its how farmers have been able to feed our overpopulated planet.

To me the final proof is the DNA sequenced code showing that we have 90%+ of our DNA in common with most life forms on this planet.  We are 99% in common with primates and not that far from fishes and lower vertebrates.  Scientists have grown replacement organs outside of the body using knowledge of this code.  They have even tinkered with switching on dormant genes to cause some life to revert back to an earlier form. 

Evolution is a fact.  Undeniable.  Its observable every day.  Whats it going to take for you to accept it?   You are only denying your own intelligence and reason by saying its not true because you partake in it every day just by eating food or getting medical attention.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

I believe in some small degrees of evolution to accord changing planetary conditions. I do not
    believe in progressive evolution. Everything that is already is.

canadawest99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, but that view is not consistent with the evidence.  The earth, the sun, the solar system and even our galaxy also evolved from a simpler form.  Clouds of dust and gas were condensed by the forces of gravity and slight variations in the density of these structures gave rise to areas where planets and stars formed.  Even after the earth formed it was a boiling caldron with volcanoes, earthquakes and lava until H2O was formed, condensed and started to fall as rain.  I could go on and on.  So it wasn't always as is.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
        Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like your explanation better than the old story of how the earth was created in 7 days and life started in a Garden of Edan with a talking snake!

3. knolyourself profile image60

Disagree. Stars and planets come from cooling molten plasma thrown off of larger molten entities.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=star+for … :238,i:116

1. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What larger molten entities?

2. tussin profile image56
      tussinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

and how did those larger molten entities come to be?

4. arksys profile image85
    arksysposted 11 years ago

i think cancer is hard to beat because it's a cash-cow for pharmaceutical companies. they're still using chemotherapy and radiation today which was introduced in the 70's as a cure for cancer. there are other cures for cancer where 25% of patients have survived even the most complex (brain related) cancers. unfortunately everyone is fighting for patents rather than fighting to save lives.

i agree and accept that things and people evolve and adapt to changes over time ... but i do not agree in the theory that man came from apes. if humans did evolve from apes, then why do we still have apes?

do you think it is possible that some humans turned into apes rather than apes turning into humans?... that's what i believe. Evolving doesn't always have to go in a positive direction right?

No one ever claimed that men evolved from apes. The rest is even worse nonsense than that.

canadawest99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Again, please become informed about a premise before you dismiss it.  The physical EVIDENCE shows that we evolved from a common ancestor, not from apes.  Man and apes are close cousins, not derived from another.   That common ancestor no longer exists and ourselves and a couple other primates are the result.   

Go look into a primates eyes, look at its hands and feat, look at its ears.  If you do not see the resemblance, then you have chosen ignorance as your path in this world and I pity you.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
          Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There's a laundry list of what classifies a primate. Apes, moneys, and humans fall in to that category. Yes, humans did evolve from primitive primates. DNA along with other physical evidence points this out beyond a reasonable doubt. Then there are those poorly educated, weak minded, mentally lazy, folks out there who grew up in a small religious community where they were bombarded daily with this "God made this or that" BS without question. These people can't comprehend psychical evidence, physics, mechanical physics, quantum physics and rather believe with the ridiculous stories found in their, so-called "good book" along with an all powerful man made god. This "good book" has all the answers they need, even if it's classified as bigoted and prejudice, and simply comical, because they can figure out things on their own.

2. arksys profile image85
          arksysposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@canadawest - there is definitely a resemblence i didn't say there wasn't ... i didn't know about the evidence found about having a common ancestor.

@paul - so what if people would want to believe a "good book" and it's stories... let them believe whatever they want to. why do you want to shove your evidences and interpretations down their throat? there is evidence and there then interpretations; whatever seems the most logical answer at that moment in time, with the limited knowledge science has at the moment. later ... it may change.

5. knolyourself profile image60

Like the centers of galaxies, suns. The super heat in things like suns, as smaller entities the size of planets, cool in the super cold of space, such that a crust is formed to make a planet or moon or whatever.

I thought maybe you were refering to electric universe theory, something i just started reading about.

6. knolyourself profile image60

No - all my theories are my own.

Well thats pretty cool

7. knolyourself profile image60
  8. knolyourself profile image60

Attraction to mass of atoms I would guess, causing heat by compression. But they say atoms cannot be created or destroyed, and if so, a static physical universe.

1. profile image0
      jomineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not static but eternal universe.

9. eternals3ptember profile image60
    eternals3ptemberposted 11 years ago

Oh man, this made my day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)