What would you do...?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (26 posts)
  1. accofranco profile image79
    accofrancoposted 14 years ago

If armed robbers enters your house,rape your wife,and you are a reverend pastor or a spiritual head for a house of God...And then your wife gets pregnant after the rape...What would you do as a pastor or as a pastor's wife, abort the baby or allow your wife to give birth to the baby? Remember,it is a pregnancy by an armed robber and you are a man of God that preaches against abortion and imorality. Please share your opinion and let's learn,this is a true life story that needs to be addressed now.Thank you.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All Life comes from God -right? I didnt say it ,God did
      If you are a Pastor ,then you would also teach forgiveness,for that is part of morality.
      God is your judge ,and not me.
      Honestly though because I am human like you , Im not sure what I would do ,I would hope God would lead me as he as always done.
      It would not be easy , but in our weakness Gods gives strength when we need it. So,I wish you, and your wife his Wisdom and Peace. smile

accofrancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its not my wife,anyway thanks for your kind gesture

2. profile image0
      nazishnasimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I were a man ... and a pastor then I would have turned into a hitman and hunted each one of the sisterf******s down myself! As for the pregnancy, I would have left it to my wife if she wanted to have the baby or not. But definitely would've tried to convince her not to end a human life.

1. JamaGenee profile image78
        JamaGeneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How nice that we can discuss this in the abstract and hope the woman who was raped wouldn't want to rip her womb out for being victimized not only once, but every single day her body is growing rounder and rounder with the child of the stranger who put it there against her will.

And we're not even talking about after it's born and she'd be reminded of the rape every time she looked at it.  Puhlease... Only a saint would be able to love a child forced on her by such circumstances. 

Is anyone thinking about the kind of life the child would have?  What if the rapist exercised his rights as the biological father after serving his term in prison? Proved parentage via DNA?  The child would have to know what happened eventually.  Those sort of secrets don't stay hidden forever.

Only a monster would consider making his wife carry a child sired by a monster of a different sort...

1. profile image0
          nazishnasimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

'Only a monster would consider making his wife carry a child sired by a monster of a different sort... ' ... JG, I said that I would try to convince her (if I were a man and a pastor) to keep the child as it is a human - however, ultimately the decision would be hers. I would show her that it isn't the child's fault .. AND THEN If she would want to keep it then I would 'support her' , if she would want to abort then I would 'support her'. After all, this is what being a partner is about at the end of the day (whether you are a man/woman ... a pastor/not a pastor) - keep your emotions in check, help the other person see what 'you think would be right' ... BUT in the end 'support whatever they want to do with their lives'. I hope you are now clear on what I meant!

2. Its Angel profile image60
    Its Angelposted 14 years ago

Its an interesting analogy, but until you are in that situation you can say what you would hope you would do,but not what you would do.

Its Angel

3. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

You mean after I killed the guy? Lol. Just kidding. She's gotta pop a dosage of pills...and ah, get tested in the next three or so months. Still gotta kill the guy though, lol.

1. goldentoad profile image60
      goldentoadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like your new avatar cj, you look like you would seriously do it.

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

who knows, its a pretty serious thing for a guy to do to my woman. I'm not married. But I know how protective I can get sometimes about someone I care about. Imagine if its my wife. Gawd,I honestly don't wanna imagine that. If it happened, I might do something really dumb. I just pray it doesn't, though.

1. goldentoad profile image60
          goldentoadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that's hard to believe CJ- You're not married, you seem like such a sensitive guy.

1. profile image0

You kidding me? That's the first I heard. But I've got my sensitive side, like everybody else. Doesn't make me less willing to whoop a dude's ass if I have to, though.

4. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

Do you not thing it would be the victims choice????

1. profile image0

I assume she would want some pills...and to be tested...and to have me kill the guy. Lol.

5. accofranco profile image79

I love your responses,i am really happy,please i need some more. Thanks to you all! But cj,you have no access to kill the robber,he has robbed successfully and go so?I guess you are on the side of abortion right?

1. profile image0

No way, man. I'm old fashioned when it comes to that. I meant was the same night your wife is raped she pops a pill. Women normally pop pills when they dont wanna get pregnant. With their husbands and all. Would you call that abortion?

6. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

There could be a strong possibility that it could be the Pastor's child, not the armed robbers. It is very possibly a gift from God to heal her pain. There is so many issues that surround it, however the only determination would be DNA. (:

7. accofranco profile image79

You guys are fabulous and wonderful, in fact i can see that hubpages has the most brainy guys online.Thanks for your honest opinion.

8. Nanny J.O.A.T. profile image67
    Nanny J.O.A.T.posted 14 years ago

What a tough question...

As a female, even though I would probably be as committed as my spouse to abortion issues, I would take the option of the "morning after" pill. For several reasons:

1. Getting through a rape intact in body, spirit, and relationship will take a lot of commitment and energy.

2. The idea of abortion after confirmation of a pregnancy is not something I could do- but the "morning after" pill, is something that, in this case, I would see as preventative medicine rather than an abortion.

3. Would I want to have to explain to others, including that child, the circumstances of their conception - no, because no matter how well you explain it - there will always be a taint to the relationship in someone else's eyes. Things like this, someone will always talk.

1. profile image0

You're so right, Nanny.

2. accofranco profile image79

Nice answer, thanks Nany.

9. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Is this a made up scenerio?

This was a true life story involving an extended family friend,so they need advice on what to do,they are standing in the middle of the road,lost and confused,your opinion is highly valued please.Why do you ask?

1. Hawkesdream profile image65
        Hawkesdreamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a very difficult scenario, I take it then that the morning after pill would not be effective for time scale reasons.  Is the wife also religious and against abortion? If this is the case, they do have a real dilemma.

I feel that in the circumstance where abortion is totally out of the question, there is always the option of adoption. Though carrying the baby to full term would be agonizing for the woman, maybe it would be possible with excellent support and counselling, she might just be able to cope.

Talking objectively is easy, in practice , it must be heartbreaking for them. Give them my regards and best wishes for the decision they have to make.

10. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

I like CJ: some of the things he says speak to me as a woman. Sorry, CJ.

I am a woman, and I can speak with certainty that I would not have an abortion following a rape. My husband's ex-wife gave birth to the result of her rape as well. I, however, would give the child up for adoption. No question I would give the child up for adoption.

ETA: I do believe that this is a situation where no matter which side of the fence you're on, it has to be the choice of the victim. A life is a life: I believe that. However, the psychological welfare of the mother is of UTMOST importance!

1. profile image0

I never mentioned abortion. I said pill! Women take pills all the time after sex with their husbands to prevent pregnancy. After the rape, the woman should just take a pill. That's what I said.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)