Funny Obama supporters...

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

didn't think it was fair that the POTUS couldn't use his teleprompter during the debate:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ … bates.html

In fairness, a couple felt that BOTH men should be able to use teleprompters while debating. And some liberals accuse GOP voters of ignorance?? lol

1. 50 Caliber profile image60
      50 Caliberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I saw that Habee, these same people would, ah heck I don't know, I'm not that slow or too slow for the age group and to sober for one, so I couldn't use a calculator in school, and I had to learn stuff the old way.
      A professional person that let's say works on airline jets, he gets certified by taking a bucket of parts and told to put together with proper parts in proper places and produce the part, no warning as to what part,
      You either know or you don't cradle 300 passengers in your hand, so I don't think any man who doesn't know beans to fly a country with millions of passengers ,
      NO teleprompters.

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

I don't see a problem with anyone using a teleprompter. If they wrote or helped write the speech then why not get a Prompting whenever you have a momentary lapse in memory? wink

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's not like they all don't use one smile

2. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In a speech, sure - but not in a debate.

3. Teddletonmr profile image69
    Teddletonmrposted 11 years ago

Funny Obama supporters; the thing that has most informed people scratching their heads, Mr. Obama is supposedly the smartest man in the room right, Harvard review etc. How is it that a man that possesses a superior intellect utterly fails to make his point’s clear, believable, beyond reproach if you will in a ninety minute debate?    Unless, otherwise is true.
    Making matters worse, the best the Obama supporters can manage, call Mr. Romney a liar, flip flopper, a good performer. It’s like, if they repeat the party line often enough, loud enough, long enough it will make everything Mr. Obama’s henchmen and women regurgitate absolutely true.
    Emotional triggers aside, what good will the teleprompter do the man in a debate, speech sure; the debate is the opportunity for the candidates to demonstrate their leadership abilities, or lack thereof . Mr. Obama by all accounts failed the head to head debate test! What’s next, the town hall setting filled with hecklers doing Mr. Obama’s bidding?    How about Mr. Obama man-up, step up to the lectern without his strategist telling him how to respond via his crutch the teleprompter. big_smile

4. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 11 years ago

This is a Debate Series between two Presidential Candidates, the two men that could run this country, not the parties or the campaigns. Prompters are the same as having the surrogates debate, if you want to see talking heads with the daily talking points watch cable news.

Clearly Mr. Romney not only knew the issues but understood them and dismantled the President’s scripted talking points, where the President, unmistakably looked confused, uninformed and unprotected by his staff. 

I have been watching and listening to the debate fallout since Mr. Obama asked the moderator to change the subject in the first 30 or 40 minutes or so. I think it is all quite funny in a way because the Liberals are all trying to continue the falsehoods the President tried to introduce. If you remember the very first substantive statement the President tried to make was to falsely outline and frame Mr. Romney’s plan instead of addressing and explaining his own and he got not only challenged but exposed and then eviscerated over his agenda and record.

Ever since, all the spin and the Democratic talking heads can do is attack either Mr. Romney’s character calling him a liar or attack whomever their conversation is with. But they never address the real issues. They continue to try to reintroduce the same falsehoods Romney hammered Obama on.

Apparently Romney’s statement about, “no matter how many times you say it, it doesn’t make it true” seems pretty prophetic. But then again Liberals can never seem to address the message, they can only seem to manage vitriolic attacks on the messenger and shout down any opposing point of view expecting you not only to believe it, but support it as they look down their noses.

Don’t you find it interesting that rather than talking about the President’s record or his plans for the next four years they keep trying to get people to believe their misrepresentation of Romney’s plan?

5. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 11 years ago

I have no problem with the candidates taking in a few pages of notes.  Usually in formal philosophical debates about the existence of God both parties have some notes.  It's not unheard of at all.  I don't know why presidential contenders shouldn't be allowed to have a few scribbles on a page to help with memory.

I don't want a teleprompter though.  I think the whole format is wrong.  I think both candidates should get 5 minute opening speeches.  They should then get 10 minutes for answering a semi-broad question.  Afterwards, there should be 10 minutes for rebuttals, 8 minutes for rebutting the rebuttals, 5 minutes for closing statements, and at the end a 10 minute question and answer session, where Romney gets to ask Obama questions for 10 minutes, and Obama gets to ask Romney questions for 10 minutes.

1. Josak profile image61
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like it!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)