What is your favourate thing about the 1990's?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Argonaut Jess profile image67
    Argonaut Jessposted 11 years ago

Hi guys! Just wondering what people remember most fondly about the 1990's? Is it a Play Station One game? A terrible pop band? A board game? TV show? For me, Tomb Raider was my favourate thing. I wanted to be just like Lara Croft when I was little, and used to play 'Tomb Raider' in the playground at school, shooting my crocodile friends. I would like to hear about everyones favourate bit about the 90's, and share out some tasty nostalgic pie!

xx

1. Ratatoesk profile image57
      Ratatoeskposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have traveled the world for 4 years in the 90´s. This was just gorgeous.

Argonaut Jessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a great time to travel! Where did you go?

Oh, thank you for asking :-)
          Yes, it was a great time. First I discovered all parts of Germany. Than I went to Austria, traveled through Liechtenstein to Switzerland, forward to France and Spain. I spent over 3 month on island Mallorca, went back through Spain, Andorra and France again. I visited Danmark and Hungary, traveled through Luxembourgh, Belgium and The Netherlands. I spent 4 months in South Africa, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Botsuana and Namibia. One single day I have been in London waiting for my plain to Germany, after I came back from Cape Town. Four months I spent exploring New Zealand and Down Under.
          Yes, it was a wonderful time. :-)

Ahh I can see why this was a good decade for you! What's Denmark like? And New Zealand? I have family there I've been meaning to visit, travelling is very important for the soul!!

Yeah, travelling is fantastic. It opens your mind, it makes your horizon much wider, it sets your spirit free :-)
              Well, Danmark is nice, very flat land, pretty expensiv
              But New Zealand is like Germany. Everything I find here I found there too, except the boiling mud. Climate is wonderful, people friendly. Country size bigger than Germany but inhabitants less then or like Switzerland. But 80 Million sheeps and cows. Amazing nature. cozy, relaxed - a good place to live :-)

2. Darren Owens profile image61
      Darren Owensposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is a great topic! Things I remember we're grunge rock, air walk shoes, parka's, snap back hats, Michael Jordan, Tupac, Saturday Night Live Stars, Seinfeld, Friends, Walkmans, Ninja Turtles, MTV, dial up Internet, overalls, Birkenstocks, pogs, baseball cards, Nintendo 64, whiffle ball, and slip n slide.
      What a decade it was!

I used to love friends! And the music was amazing! Nirvana, blur, bjork oasis!!!!

2. profile image0
    Beth37posted 11 years ago

Two of my favorite ppl were born in the 90's.
    My oldest son in '90 and my youngest son in '99.
    They are pure joy to me. smile

Wonderful!!

3. Darren Owens profile image61
    Darren Owensposted 11 years ago

Nirvana and Stone Temple Pilots! Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in the 90's. I relive those moments all the time, and still blast the music. It's funny that 90's music is on classic rock stations now. Makes me feel kinda old. Oh we'll, love it!

4. Argonaut Jess profile image67

Yeah, I tend to listen to absolute radio 90's. It makes me happy  :-)

5. Argonaut Jess profile image67

Did you see any kiwis? They look so funny! I love travelling! I stayed in Nepal for three months a couple years ago, amazing! It would be great to have sufficient funds to go well, everywhere! As the Nepal trip was free.

Well, I saw one Kiwi but in the museum, not in the wilderness.
      And if you really love to have these sufficient funds to go well, everywhere, feel free to get in contact with me on facebook. I can give you something to have a look at. It might be interesting for you :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)