So Holy Books Tell You Not To Do It...But What About The Other Stuff?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (32 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

I know this is hilarious, lol, but try not too find it too funny: Holy Books tell you not to have premarital sex...but it hardly tells you anything about premarital foreplay. What do you gotta say about that?

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I dunno, what does it say about post marital foreplay. big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think he is more interested in whether you are allowed to take it up the pooper. wink

I am unsure myself, but I have a feeling there is probably something about that in there somewhere.

2. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good one. I was hoping you'd drop by, Sandra. Your views...or in this case, your lack of them are always highly valued...the Bible is pretty shy when it comes to intimate sex stuff. No kidding. But here's a few quotes though - "...rejoice with the wife of thy youth...let her breasts satisfy thee at all times..." Prov 5:18-19. That counts as post-marital foreplay, dont it? Pretty weird to see the bible talking about that, huh. Or check this one, "A bundle of myrrh is my wellbeloved, he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts" Songs 1:13. Again with the breasts. There's plenty of foreplay in the Song of Solomon, though. And its supposed to be a love song about a man and his bride to be. The stuff this two people did in their dates, qualifies pretty much as foreplay. But no sex though. Whaddya gotta say about that?

1. HealthCare Basics profile image61
          HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah, maybe a breast and incense fetish??  smile

1. profile image0

ha!

2. Lady_E profile image61
          Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd say sit down with your Pastor and let him explain it to you in Context. I'm beginning to wonder if you did a search in the Bible on certain keywords....

1. profile image0

No. I've read the Bible from cover to cover, a few times. I dont believe in that stuff about seeing a pastor to explain a bible verse, sorry. Its not pride or anything either. I just think he's human like me, and is subject to flaws such as myself. I think we place too much faith in pastors, gurus, imans, and what have you. If you really think about it, not too much, but if you think about it just the right amount, you might just realize that they might not know the scriptures more than you do. No kidding.

1. Lady_E profile image61
              Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's cool Fiery. I didn't know you've read the whole Bible. (Thought you just picked out the verses). I commend you on that because I haven't finished reading it yet. Anyway, awaiting your next interesting question on Forums....

3. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, let's see umm.... breast is a metaphor for security or comfort, like a child to the mothers breast. 

What about kissing brothers on the lips?  I think there are quite a few versus about it being okay to kiss your brother on the lips, actually it is encouraged.  Course it's says it is not okay to lay with a man like a woman... I wonder who he was talking about?

is he talking about a gay man acting like a woman or does it mean don't be shy!  Go for it like a man! LOL. big_smile  Paul even tells his people,  don't get married.

And why they call if foreplay, I mean foreplay is usually way funner than than the latter. big_smile

2. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

I say hi Fiercj.... how are you this morning

1. profile image0

Had to go out and get some work done at a studio. How're you?

2. profile image0

you got something to say about the thread, Bren?

3. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Lost you on this one Fiery.  Premarital foreplay, leads to premarital sex dunnit? or maybe you could define premarital foreplay.

Let me go and have some lunch, hopefully my brain might have another view on it afterwards.  smile

1. profile image0

c'mon Lady E, dont make me go into details. You know what I mean. All the other stuff that goes with the REAL ACTUAL thing, but IS NOT the REAL ACTUAL thing.

4. profile image0

Do you need a book to tell you how to do everything..... The bible is there to give us guidelines to life.....

If you really want me to comment here goes....

If you decide not to have pre marital sex, because you feel the bible does not allow it, then foreplay would be tormenting for you......  does that help??????

1. profile image0

hey, easy, there, Bren. Its not a fight. I know what's in my mind. I wanna see views is all.

5. profile image0

I dont think you will get many, but I could be wrong... let's see.....

what do you think about the question

6. HealthCare Basics profile image61
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

I don't have a holy book around the house to look into that answer. I always thought is was the royal families and catholicism that influenced the whole purity concept of virginity and sexual relations. Could be wrong, and might need enlightenment.  smile

7. profile image0

hi healthcare basics, how are you doing..... this fiery guy, he asks awkward questions sometimes dont you think....

1. profile image0

I'm a madman, Bren. You know that better than anyone else here. C'mon.

8. HealthCare Basics profile image61

Hey Brenda, I am fine these days. The question is an odd one, yes. I am sure it will start a whole posting of opinions.. smile

9. HealthCare Basics profile image61

Morning Sandra. You joining in the thread? smile It's dreary here in North Park and I am needing coffee for a jump start....

10. profile image0

what is a jump start and does it have anything to do with the question, it could do I suppose

11. profile image0

I say get a cold shower/

12. HealthCare Basics profile image61

Brenda, caffiene perk to "jump start" the thinking processes but not reach the stage of being jittery.... smile

13. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Hey cj...if you can take fire close to your chest and not get burned then I guess you can do whatever you want...

1. profile image0

nice metaphor, Eagle. But this isn't about me. Its for the greater good. What we discuss here in this forum, here and now shall be remembered for days to come. Let it be a rememberance unto thee. And to all sons and daughters who are with us and those yet to join us. Bond and free. Jew and Gentile. Hear ye, hear ye! (melodic fanfare tune plays in background)

14. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

you guys really need to read Songs Of Solomon...if that a was movie, wait it might already be...hot! oooouch lol

15. profile image0

Paul says stay single if it hinders you in your ministry, but better to be married if that is what you want to do...

The other scripture about rejoicing with the girl of your youth, means to stick to the same wife, not go around the houses so to speak

These are the interpretations I have......

16. vattan profile image54
    vattanposted 14 years ago

hi,
    i think the song of solomon is a love poem with God as the groom and israel as the bride. down here almost the only time a guy gets an action is after he gets married(arranged) so i think that foreplay and sex come under the same broad terminology. for example the law does not require a full penetration to call it rape..

17. Inspirepub profile image70
    Inspirepubposted 14 years ago

Early Christians believed Jesus would return in their lifetimes, and the world would end. Therefore, they practised complete chastity (why bring children into a dying world?) until it dawned on them that it was taking an awfully long time for Jesus to come back, and some individuals were falling to temptation - that's when St Paul said basically "look if you really can't control yourselves, get married so you don't become fornicators".

In terms of "foreplay", it depends how you define "sex".

Our state actually does define "sex" in law (as part of the definition of "sexual assault"), and it says that sex is the insertion of any object in any orifice.

That means that technically, French kissing is sex here, and cunnilingus isn't - as long as you stay up the pointy end, anyways.

And if you lick your finger and stick it in someone's ear, they can charge you with sexual assault ...

Definitions, very interesting area!

Jenny

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)