Browse Hubbers

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. cheaptrick profile image76
    cheaptrickposted 10 years ago

What happened to the browse hubbers feature?I cant find it anymore.Also,what happened to the hubbers hang out and the sand box?cant find those...and finally,what happened to my car keys?...cant find those either...Is it me or these Heineken's?

1. To Start Again profile image70
      To Start Againposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Your car keys are in the pocket of the pants you had on yesterday. The rumpled ones on the floor.

As for the rest...I can't help you.

1. cheaptrick profile image76
        cheaptrickposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That wont work...I'm a nudist....my neighbors have nightmares...some even go to counseling...haven't seen my feet in years...

2. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey cheaptrick!

The browse Hubbers feature was removed from the navigation bar a while ago; I can't seem to be able to find it via URL, so perhaps the page was removed entirely.

The sandbox has been renamed and is now here:http://hubpages.com/forum/category/6631

The Hubber's Hangout has been renamed and is now here: http://hubpages.com/forum/category/2915

smile

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As much as Simone thinks the ability to browse Hub authors is gone, it's not.  It's just severely mutated from what it used to be.

http://hubpages.com/search/include%3Ahubbers

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You always manage to come through!!! smile

2. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Cheers very much for that...

A very Interesting list of Hubbers regarded as being Relevant to the site!  roll

And a total insult to those of us who are not (for whatever subjective reason) on the HP list!  sad
        No wonder this reference page is no longer as a transparently positioned as it had previously been... It is now an excellent example of how discriminatory this site has become if certain staff members don't like or appreciate the efforts of specific 'other' members of the 'community'....

But Hey.... It's always nice in life to know where one stands in relation to those who consider themselves and/or their judgments to be 'superior'  lol

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 10 years ago

The most interesting thing to me about that page of Hub authors is that the very first time I viewed it, I was on the list, but once I scrolled through it a bit, my own listing vanished from my view. (I just happen to have a screen shot to prove it too)  That may be what you are experiencing Pearldiver. 

In case you didn't realize it, the list "relevancy" runs in the order of users signing up on the site.

Interestingly, staff are not be on the list, as there are a few of them who are the only users registered and active for longer than Robin (1st person listed).  I was one of the last beta-test period users to sign up, and know I was the 227th person to join the site.  When I first viewed the page, I was listed right after Robin, but then vanished.

1. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I see you currently at the #2 spot right below Robin.  I cleared my cache and I'm still at the same spot #117.

3. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 10 years ago

I'm trying a new iOS browser.  I'll have to see if that's contributing to the issue.

4. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 10 years ago

Cheers for that.... Maybe it is the cache that is contributing to the mixed results...

I mean I just cleared mine and was horrified at how many temperamental issues that I found and had to purge among the other insecurities that had been collecting over 3 years!  lol

5. Marian Designs profile image83
    Marian Designsposted 10 years ago

What kills me is when I click on a link in the hub, opening it in another tab, and the fields for rating the hub disappear. It's so frustrating. I usually don't notice the change until I've read the whole hub. I wish there were a way to bring the rating fields back. But anything you click on takes you to a new hub. Sigh. Not complainin', just sayin'.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)