RESOLVED: Pinterest temporarily blocked HubPages

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 52 discussions (120 posts)
  1. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 10 years ago

http://www.pinterest.com/source/hubpages.com/

Looks like there are no hubs on Pinterest (I noticed no Pinterest traffic today and had to investigate.)

Hubs are no longer pinnable.

I wish hubbers wouldn't spam social networks. :\

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
      MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm still getting pintrest traffic...

1. Suzanne Day profile image92
        Suzanne Dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have a very small amount of visitors, but any pins to do with hubpages have been removed and can't pin anyone's or mine.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

All of mine are still there.  Have you been making quite a few pins lately, all from HP?

1. melbel profile image95
            melbelposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I seldom pin. One of my hubs gets pinned like crazy, but not by hubbers (that I know of.) I just noticed mine were gone so I check the hp domain and it looked like theirs were gone. Tried to pin a hub to see what would happen and no dice.

2. Suzanne Day profile image92

Hi Wilderness, I just had a look at your Pinterest to clarify and can't see any from Hubpages on there. I assume you had some? I think that your browser might be storing an old cached page. If you delete history, then you can see that hubpages pins are missing (if you had any). I deleted my history today for some other item and that's why I was able to see the missing pins so quickly.

I think it is a sitewide block, not individual subdomains....

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are correct.  I didn't bother to open the boards, just looked at the thumbnails and assumed there were pins behind them.  There are not.

Unfortunately, when this happened before all the pins that disappeared were not restored.  Everything started from scratch.

If it goes that way again, I will not be pinning any hubs.  While I get some traffic from them, it isn't a whole lot and not worth the effort to continually fix their errors.

1. profile image0
                mommytalksposted 10 years agoin reply to this

^^^ That is not a true statement. I had over 200k pins on one hub the last time it happened and they were all restored.

That's not to say that I am not thoroughly pissed AGAIN!

3. LCDWriter profile image90
            LCDWriterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It looked like mine were there but when I clicked on them, it shows they aren't there.  I hate that.  I only sometimes pin if it is a pinterest worthy topic but it seems really weird that this would happen.  Has it happened before and do the usually get restored?

Yes, I have been reading and it happened quite awhile ago - a sitewide block. Basically it involves Hubpages staff liaising with Pinterest to find the issue and discuss it. Could be awhile. Let's cross our fingers for them!

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not really.  I have done some rearranging, some deleting, etc...but I also pin from others, which is evident if you saw my what is on my boards right now.

2. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Me too. So pointless for a handful of hits...

Then they ruin it for everyone else. Grrrrrrr

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

I looked and mine are removed too. I got a lot of traffic from there. Darn.

3. Patsybell profile image83
    Patsybellposted 10 years ago

Glad you brought this up. I was trying to pin some hubs and couldn't. My older hubs are still on Pinterest but I have no luck pinning anything new.

Try clearing history in your browser and see if you can still see the old hub pins.....that will clarify if it is sitewide or just certain subdomains. I'm getting the feeling that this is sitewide though, as I went to a few trusty subdomains who take extra care and theirs were missing too.

2. PegCole17 profile image93
      PegCole17posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Me too. Thought it was just me.
      sad

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 10 years ago

Crud.  I recently posted something that started to get about a pin a day, and I hardly ever get something pinned.

5. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years ago

Damn!  What a crock of steaming nitrogenous waste material! 

There are PLENTY, and I mean plenty of massive pins from a lot of other sites, and they don't get blocked!!
    And, didn't this happen once before???????
    What, if anything, is HP doing about this?

Maybe a solution for HP is to restrict pinning to x amount per day or month? I believe it would reduce the ultra spam thing that Pinterest seems to be against. But possibly, there are other reasons for the blockage....we don't know as no reasons are given when trying to pin, when apparently this happened last time, the reason given was spam.

I have to say that traffic hasn't suffered much....yet. However less people seeing hubs will eventually mean less traffic overall, than what could have been gained.

1. profile image0

That might work for YOU ... but I can get 1000 pins a WEEK that *I* have nothing to do with!

6. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 10 years ago

It happened before and it was due to hubbers over-pinning their own stuff.

Maybe HubPages could make it so that logged in users can't see the social share buttons so users are less likely to engage in spammy techniques. Not that all hubbers who pin, tweet, fb their own stuff are spammers, but man there are some who go overboard and tweet ONLY hub links (and all their hubs) or pin ONLY hubs and ruin it for the rest of us. sad

Yeah, it's true that the second time around Pinterest might have less patience for HP. I'm thinking that for everyone who hasn't read or doesn't know the "invisible rules" of not spamming, it might be better to restrict pins per month so that everyone has to do it.

I, for example, did not know that promoting your own stuff was an issue, even in abundance (though I did pin lots of others besides myself, didn't know it was a 10:1 ratio until an hour ago). I should have known. But no one told me, until I researched it. Restricting pins would fix this for anyone like myself who did not know the rules.

HP team, take note of suggestions, they might come in handy!!!

7. ilikegames profile image63
    ilikegamesposted 10 years ago

I was just about to get started on the popularity of Pinterest, guess I'll have to put the brakes on for now. Hopefully this is only temporary, it seems to be a big traffic generator for lots of people.

I hope it's temporary too. Though traffic value from Pinterest is smaller, it plays a valuable part in getting our work out there.

8. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 10 years ago

I tried to pin a craft hub , but could not. And now I know why. This is really sad... I really hope the issue is only temporary.

9. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

I have about 150,000 pins on Pinterest so I certainly hope this gets fixed soon!

1. profile image0

OOooooh - I have WryLilt beat?! I feel so cool! wink j/k

1. Writer Fox profile image31
        Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

273,000 pins!  That's awesome!

1. janshares profile image93
          jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How many do I have, Writer Fox? How do you know everything? Do you live in a pen in cyberspace? Awesome.

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Great job! Mine is just an estimate - I'd have a max of no more than 200k though I'm guessing.

Well done!

10. Emma Lindhagen profile image67
    Emma Lindhagenposted 10 years ago

That's funny, I just joined Pintrest today. I guess a pinboard for my hubs is out of the question now, hah! Hopefully I'll figure out other uses for it too. Actually I was looking forward to pinning some of the awesome DIY hubs I've seen here.

11. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, melbel, I wasn't aware of any rules either, Suzanne Day. I just pinned my latest hub yesterday, I think. I really never understood it but have been using it and getting pinned by others for the last 6 months or so. I might pin twice a month or less, not very active on the site at all. What's the 10:1 ratio? For every 10 pins only one should be your own? Hmm. I can see why they would limit HP.

Yes, it's roughly every 10 pins should be others and 1 for yourself. As I said, didn't know till this evening. Pinterest was working fine yesterday.....let's hope HP team notice and do what they have to do to get it resolved.

12. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image94
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 10 years ago

Oh no, this is not good for my traffic at all.  And I have some older pins that had really gotten some traction and if they are gone, I'll never get that traffic back.  I hope this gets fixed.

13. LongTimeMother profile image91
    LongTimeMotherposted 10 years ago

I have 1K+ pins showing on one of my hubs. Sure wasn't me who pinned it more than 1,000 times. I'm certain it wasn't hubbers pinning either because hp traffic accounts for just a tiny fraction of total traffic to that hub.

14. Autumn White profile image58
    Autumn Whiteposted 10 years ago

Till yesterday it was all good but don't know what happened today.. Just hope that it gets fixed soon.

15. profile image0
    mommytalksposted 10 years ago

Is anyone at HP addressing this? This is the SECOND time it has happened! I have one lone hub with over 273,000 pins (natural, viral)..... I didn't move it when I moved the others because I didn't want to change the URL ... if this can't be fixed, or continues to be a problem, I have no choice!! PIA!

16. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 10 years ago

Hubbers on this thread are saying that it appears their Pinterest accounts have been hacked. Maybe that is the problem this time around?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/120043? … ost2541194

17. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image94

I have checked and any hub that I have ever pinned from hubpages is gone.  Take a look at the hubpages pinterest account and many of their boards are empty.  Like mommytalk, I get most of my traffic from PInterest and this will really hurt my traffic here.  I also wonder if they do get restored, do they get restored on any/every pinterest account that one of my pins was repinned too.  This is very concerning.

1. Thelma Alberts profile image90
      Thelma Albertsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Mine are gone, too. I hope it will get fixed. I got a lot of traffics from there.

18. MagKaye profile image71
    MagKayeposted 10 years ago

I just don't understand why this has to happen.
    Surely it can only be good to generate more traffic for HubPages itself, and not only for our articles.

Why are we always being screwed for our efforts?

19. janshares profile image93

I checked, too. All of my boards with HP articles are empty. I experimented to see if I could just upload pics of my food onto the boards and it worked. So, at least I can put the images back but that does nothing for getting searchers to click on the recipe! No link to HP, no traffic. Bummer. hmm

20. MagKaye profile image71

So I have just managed to go and pin one of my hubs again. I wonder how long it will stay up.

All my previous pins from HP were gone. Perhaps this was a technical glitch and has now been fixed.
    Has anyone else managed to pin anything in the last hour or so?

If anyone feels like going and checking to see if you can see my pin, my pinterest name is Maggie Kaye. I posted something onto my fertility board.

Mag.

Edit: Well, shit. It just leads to a pic, not the hub page. Suckage.

Yup, no go.

1. MagKaye profile image71
        MagKayeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for looking. See my comment a bit further down here- I think I have found a suitable problem-fixer. For now.

21. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years ago

It doesn't make sense to me that they would block the whole site because one or two pinners are spamming.  Why not simply block those pinners? .

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image94
      Glimmer Twin Fanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Agreed Millionaire Tips

2. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It won't be one or two spammers, it'll be thousands. There are a few in this thread! Which is why it would be enough of a problem for Pinterest to do something about.

No site likes spam.

22. janshares profile image93

We've been banned. How awful. sad

1. MagKaye profile image71
      MagKayeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sucks. I was getting so much traffic from people repinning a few of my hubs. :-/

23. MagKaye profile image71

Until this is sorted out with HP, there might be a way around it.
    What I did was open one of my made-for-Pinterest images and copy the image URL.
    I pasted that URL into my new pin on Pinterest, and the pin then shows just the image.
    In the comments/caption section beneath the image, I said a short blurb about it and then posted a link to the actual article.
    When you click on the link, it takes you to the Hub page.

Et voila.

Brilliant, will try later.

2. moonlake profile image81
      moonlakeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I tried this and it worked so we will see how long our pin stays up.

24. LongTimeMother profile image91

lol. To think just one week ago hp was excited about celebrities pinning hubs. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/119846

I'm just waiting, hoping they'll miraculously be reinstated. Can't imagine why they would want to ban original photos.

25. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

(shrugs) I gave Pinterest a try and never got much traffic from it, so I haven't used it in a while. Bummer for those of you who got a lot of views from it though.

26. modern housewife profile image86
    modern housewifeposted 10 years ago

Wow! So is the problem people pinning mostly only their down stuff or pinning their same article many times? I did not realize that it was a problem to pin mostly my own stuff.  I had read several articles talking about how great pinterest is for promoting your blog and I just started using it so I haven't spent a lot of time on it yet, except for pinning my articles.  I agree, couldn't pinterest just block users who spam the site?

I really hope hubpages is able to work with pinterest to resolve this problem.

27. CloudExplorer profile image76
    CloudExplorerposted 10 years ago

I'll go head up and check my Pinterest right now. Will brb to tell the epic tale smile

28. CloudExplorer profile image76
    CloudExplorerposted 10 years ago

Yupper all my Hubpages pins and group related pins of cool Hubbers who teamed up on a cool board or two are gone!

I know I never ever spammed Pinterest, and hope those who have done so would have been penalized, not all of us. That's not fair and for all of Hubpages to get hit for such a violation is preposterous in my honest opinion, I hope its some glitch!

1. randomcreative profile image88
      randomcreativeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I don't know why Pinterest doesn't ban certain users instead of penalizing everyone.

29. moonlake profile image81
    moonlakeposted 10 years ago

My pins are gone and on my Google analytics it shows I have 0 visitor for yesterday and I did have visitor because I saw them. I always watch my analytics so something strange is going on.

That happened with GA the week before last so that is likely a glitch. It will probably straighten out a few hours or less. I think I posted a forum on it, "Google Analytics Glitch?" under technical problems.

30. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 10 years ago

I'll just quit hubbing then.  My traffic is in the toilet, because the bulk of my traffic comes from a few hubs that regularly go viral on Pinterest.  My traffic is less than half of what it normally is and it was reaching all time highs - thanks to Pinterest, but some people can't grasp the concept of not spamming.  It's very irritating.

If HubPages cannot resolve this situation in a timely manner, I may think about walking as well. A significant portion of my traffic comes from Pinterest. More importantly, a significant portion of my passive writing income comes from HubPages. If I can't rely on this site anymore, then I need to take my content elsewhere.

31. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 10 years ago

A google search took me to websitewithnoname dot com which has the headline, "Pinterest Bans HubPages! Is it all about Money?" They speculate that Pinterest wanted a cut from all its traffic to HP and HP said no. There's nothing to show if this "Pinterest Bans HubPages" is just their conclusion because HP is down on Pinterest, or if they actually have some official info.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's not about money at all.  Pinterest doesn't make any money; the site is not monetized.  They are building traffic and have secured mega investor funds.  They have yet to post ads or even try to earn income from the site.

32. DeborahNeyens profile image94
    DeborahNeyensposted 10 years ago

I am wondering if Hubpages staff will be weighing in on this issue any time soon. I got a decent amount of traffic from Pinterest but what I'm really bummed about is that I used Pinterest as a way to organize and easily find all the recipes, craft ideas, writing tips, etc. that I discovered by reading other people's hubs. Now all of that information is gone.

I'm really frustrated about that, too, Deb. Pinterest has been my primary means of bookmarking sites for several years now. As I'm on HubPages nearly every day, it's only natural that I pin a lot of content from the site. Losing all of that would be a huge blow.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
        Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, this is awful. If the problem is rectified, will our pins be restored, or will we have to start again from scratch? I've pinned hubs for a few years now, and losing them all would be a HUGE blow.

33. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 10 years ago

If my memory, ha,ha, serves me right, the same thing happened about a year ago.  I think the reason was so many Hubbers were pinning their own stuff (spamming), so Pinterest stopped allowing us to Pin.  That lasted for a short time, then we were once again allowed to Pin.  Maybe this will be temporary.

1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
      Paul Edmondsonposted 10 years ago

I am reaching out to Pinterest and will try to resolve the issue. Thanks for reporting it.

1. ChristinS profile image39
        ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Paul! So many of us don't abuse the system and really depend on the traffic that Pinterest gives us.

2. profile image0
      Ghaelachposted 10 years ago

Have just opened my Pinterest HP board and have 6 HP hubs there. Three of which I have since deleted from HP and three still at HP.

3. Act 3 profile image77
      Act 3posted 10 years ago

Glad to know HP is looking into this! I got my first big traffic boost when somebody else pinned one of my hubs; it took off from there. I'm careful not to pin many of my own hubs. Limiting the number seems like a good idea.

1. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Most of mine have gone too - still a few images from the hubs but no actual links to any hubs - such a shame, I had quite a lot of views from Pinterest - views have gone down in the last two days - guess that might be the problem.

4. Victoria Lynn profile image89
      Victoria Lynnposted 10 years ago

Such a bummer. Like Deb said, I use Pinterest to organize recipes and writing tips, mainly. I get a lot of traffic from there, too. Thanks, Paul, for looking into this.

5. ologsinquito profile image82
      ologsinquitoposted 10 years ago

Thank you so much Paul. I try to pin judiciously.

6. randomcreative profile image88
      randomcreativeposted 10 years ago

Paul, please keep us informed on the latest happenings with this situation. Many HubPages writers pin responsibly and rely on our Pinterest traffic for income. We deserve to be kept in the loop on this type of situation.

7. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

We were able to get a response from Pinterest's community team that the block has been reversed, but it will take up to 24 hours for search results for HubPages.com to appear again.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
        Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yay! So does that mean that the hubs they pulled will be restored? Did they tell you why they did it? Spammers?

2. janshares profile image93

Thank you, Paul. You dah Man! big_smile

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Just checked and all pins have returned!!! YAAYY

Ding Dong . . .

2. ChristinS profile image39
          ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, agreed thanks so much!

3. ologsinquito profile image82
        ologsinquitoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much. I'm sure we'll all be very careful and become active members of the Pinterest community, instead of just pinners.

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
        LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It would help if their concerns about HP are shared with us

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
          Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Luis - this happened once before, and was also resolved at that time. I think we have numerous people who overload Pinterest with hubs and aren't real active in sharing other interesting things. So, we all end up suffering.

I agree that we all end up suffering because of a handful of people. I also agree that the communication on this issue needs to be better on both sides.

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image78

That'ts what I thought. I for example, pin articles for others at a ratio of 10:1 in their favor so I do not appear as abusing it.

1. SmartAndFun profile image92
              SmartAndFunposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I also wish they would tell us if this is why HP was blocked this time. If it was caused by people abusing Pinterest, the abusers will never stop if they don't know what they did to cause the block. I wonder if there was some other issue this time.

5. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Paul - good job done!!  Have a great week-end.

6. Suzanne Day profile image92

Thanks Paul, I certainly am educated about the 10:1 thingy now!!! Much appreciated.

7. Barbara Kay profile image74
        Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Paul for all the work you and your team do.

8. Just Ask Susan profile image90
        Just Ask Susanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Paul!

9. Emma Lindhagen profile image67
        Emma Lindhagenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

that's fantastic, thanks a bunch!

10. Rosie2010 profile image68
        Rosie2010posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much, Paul.  You rock!!!!

11. Thelma Alberts profile image90
        Thelma Albertsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much Paul. It´s fantastic. Hurrah!

8. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image94

Thank you so much!!!!!  Phew!

9. DeborahNeyens profile image94
      DeborahNeyensposted 10 years ago

Great news! Thanks, Paul.

10. janderson99 profile image54
      janderson99posted 10 years ago

Yes, a Great and Fast resolution. Thanks Paul!

11. ForLoveofCupcakes profile image79
      ForLoveofCupcakesposted 10 years ago

Wow what I relief! I just finished reading this thread and was so discouraged but thrilled to see the issue has been resolved!!  :-)

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey! I went to your page for a little cupcake porn and what did I find? Not one cupcake. sad

12. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

I asked why it happened, but didn't get specifics.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Maybe they changed their mind as to their original intentions...

2. profile image0

Tell them I want a free puppy.

3. Suzanne Day profile image92

Maybe it was just an intern error or something.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
          paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Actually, Beth's puppy got loose and stepped on the wrong keyboard.

1. profile image0

I hardly recognized you!

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image78

You're my hero.....at least for today..............tongue

13. LongTimeMother profile image91

Thanks, Paul. I would imagine the Pinterest people noticed a huge difference in their stats once all the pinned hubs (and repinned hubs) were removed. Seems to me that hubbers pinning is mutually advantageous for both hp and p.

So, here's a couple of questions.

1)  When I pin hubs from other pinners, is that considered to be 'my' content because we're all from hp?

2)  Do you think that EC hubs might have caused the problem because so many hubs no longer have subdomain references - making hp look spammy?

My biggest problem comes from living off the grid with satellite internet. There's no way I can open and read countless pages looking for other nice pinnable pics to make the 10:1 ratio without pinning from hubs that catch my eye. Would be nice to have some clarification. Thanks.

1. janderson99 profile image54
        janderson99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Actually that raises another issue. When hubs were shifted from subs to EC the link URL would have changed. Does that mean that images posted to Pinterest BEFORE the shift to EC will not have broken links? Perhaps there is some redirection tool in place that resolves this??? I would am keen to get this confirmed.
        PS when I built a URL using the sub it redirected to the EC one, so perhaps this is not an issue??????

1. LongTimeMother profile image91
          LongTimeMotherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi janderson99. When my hubs changed to EC, the pin links remained fine. When I decided to drop EC, my pins reverted back to my subdomain address.

I don't know what would happen if it was EC before being pinned for the first time. smile

1. IzzyM profile image88
            IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It would make no difference. There is a re-drect either way.

Whether or not your hubs are EC, you can still get to them by entering either hubpages.com/hub/exact-hub-url or by username.hubpages.com/hub/exact-hub-url.

1. janderson99 profile image54
              janderson99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I thought that was the case.
              Cheers,

14. janshares profile image93

Update: Apparantly it looks like it was a glitch after all. Check out Shyron E Shenko's post on this forum thread:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/120057

15. Suzanne Day profile image92
      Suzanne Dayposted 10 years ago

However, I cruised Pinterest a bit today and noticed pins from other sites were missing on my boards too. So the blockage/error obviously happened to quite a few websites.

16. MagKaye profile image71

Thanks Paul!

17. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

When I pinned this morning, I noticed that they had added the G+ button. There was probably a delay because of that.

Good news on that score - I will be G+ ing the best on Pinterest!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)