Confused

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Satch1945 profile image60
    Satch1945posted 10 years ago

I have had my Hubs posted for at least 5 months now. I wrote six of them and out of the six, five were labeled as "Featured". Then yesterday I get an email saying that my one Hub "What should we be called?", is no longer going to be published unless it was revised. It didn't give any other reason than that. I then went on the site and looked at my hubs and found that none of them were listed as featured any longer. I am confused ... what prompted them to retract the "featured" qualification on all my hubs and unpublish that particular one after all this time? I don't see what the problem was with it and I don't see any place that I can directly correspond with those in charge. Can anyone help me out here?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
      mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can always email the team@hubpages.com although I believe they are now encouraging you to use the link they provide when they leave a message on your hub in order to email them (I think) as there was something said about it by a staff member on the forums a few days back.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

First, look at your Account page and note what symbol is showing next to the unFeatured Hubs.

If a Hub has a white circle, that means it has been put through the QAP and failed.  The QAP is a new process, and they have only recently started putting older Hubs through it.  Failing the QAP means that your Hub needs some work.   

If the Hub has a half-moon symbol (half white, half black) then your Hub is probably fine, but it's just not getting enough traffic.   That could be for several reasons - it may be related to quality, but it could also be because it's an obscure subject that not many people are searching for.   

Either way, the best plan is to post a link to it in the "Improving Your Hub" section and other Hubbers will give you some pointers.

http://hubpages.com/forum/category/2885

I suggest you also edit your profile - scroll down to the bottom where you'll see an option to "show only Featured Hubs on my profile".  Select "No".

That way, all Hubs will show on your proflie, unFeatured and Featured, so Hubbers will be able to see them and offer some helpful advice.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Currently none of your hubs seemed to be featured. Hubs with warnings give more detailed reasons at the top, click link for details.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

When there is an issue that has been identified with a hub, there will be a message that will tell you what the issue is.  Simply go to the hub and click on the edit button.  At the top of the page, there will be a message that shows what the problem is.  Usually, there is also a link where you can get additional information.

I hope you can get your hubs featured again with some minor edits.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you look at the bottom of the stats page you will see icons that tell you whether a hub has been unfeatured for traffic or for quality.  If it is quality, you need to read the rules in the learning center and make changes as necessary to improve your hub.  If it is for traffic, you have no control over that problem unless you want to seriously enhance the hub, change the general topic, etc.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
          Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oops, Timetraveler2 is right.  Your hubs are published, just not featured. Looking at the hub won't help, the stats My Accounts page will.

http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/stats

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)