Rankings question?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Kelley Eidem profile image45
    Kelley Eidemposted 14 years ago

As I'm writing this, one of my hubs is ranked, for this hour anyway, the 3rd hottest hub of them all.

Well here is the thing, the #3 hub has been perfoming as a distance third place among my own hubs! The one that has been getting several hundred visitors a day for DAYS and has a higher rating than the #3 hub is NOWHERE to be seen no matter how far down the list I go.

At one point I checked in the health subcategory over 200 rankings, and my most active, highest rated hub still didn't appear.

Any thoughts from a moderator?

Kelley Eidemposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's happening again, namely the wrong hub is getting credit.

My hub on food cravings has gotten a couple thousand hits in the last few days, while my hub on the swine flu has been getting a measly 7 hits a day, and no comments.

The food craving hub has been getting comments and it is ranked higher than the flu hub.

Yet the flu hub is ranked in the category of hot hubs right next to my hub on cancer (a third hub that has also received a couple thousand hits and lot of comments.)

The swine hub is not a hot hub in any way regarding activity.

It appears to me that there is a glitch...that my flu hub is getting credited for the activity of my food craving hub.

Could a moderator pass this along to the tech guys to see what is going on? Thank you.

The best to you.

Kelley Eidem
      Together we can cure cancer - one person at a time!

1. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
        Fawntiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is true that your swine flu hub is listed first on your profile, but that is because your latest hubs are displayed when the page is first loaded. Your food cravings hub is your hottest hub at the moment. If that wasn't the case earlier today, it may just have been due to the fact that it takes time for a hub to move up or down in the rankings.

Kelley Eidemposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually what I was trying to say is that in the listings of hot hubs, my food craving hub has been getting a ton of traffic, and comments while the swine flu hub has almost zero traffic <U>over the last several days</U> , but the food craving hub is nowhere while the swine flu hub is right next to my cancer hub. This is the second time this has happened.

eg Food craving hub swamped for several days vs. Swine flu almost nothing for several days, but

Food craving hub very low ranking on "hot hubs" whereas swine flu hub around #25 in health category.

Thanks,

Kelley

2. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I'm not a moderator but what it means is that the current performance of that hub is outperforming that of the higher ranked hub.

3. Kelley Eidem profile image45
    Kelley Eidemposted 14 years ago

Thanks, but that's exactly my question. My highest performing hub is nowhere to be seen EVEN in the subcatagory. The hub that is third on my list...and far down the list in terms of visitors and hub score...is the one that was listed the #3 hub in ALL categories.

My highest visited hub has been receiving about 600 visitors every day for about a week and it has a higher hub score. Whereas the other one was getting less than 200 visits a day.

4. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 14 years ago

Hot hub rankings use many of the same factor as HubScore, but are skewed toward newer hubs, hubs that have growing traffic, and hubs that have comment activity.  A high traffic hub that has steady traffic for many months will probably have a high HubScore, but it may not be very high on the "hot" list.

5. mejane profile image59
    mejaneposted 14 years ago

I noticed recently that the hub score for a Hub sometimes is different in the list of Hubs than it is when you click on the Hub. Example, in my list of Hubs, the thumbnal for the hub listed a score of 73, when I clicked on the Hub link, the score displayed after the title was 72. I'm pretty sure I've seen it the other way around also. 

I noticed the same thing on my Profile hub score, showing differently on my profile page than it does on my thumbnail profiles. 

Any idea why?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)