New Mobile Hub Design

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 10 years ago

Today we are launching a new mobile Hub design.  There are more details on the blog.

I hope you love it as much as we do!

1. Suzanne Day profile image94
      Suzanne Dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It looks really good, will have to check out the ads yet....but so far it is very friendly!

OK, had a look on a smartphone and the profile and hubs look great! I can see there is a need to break the text up more though (for example I had a large text block with pics down the right side and in mobile this is a GIANT text block with about 6 pics underneath. Still, people can read it about 120% better than before and that's what is very important.

2. moonlake profile image81
      moonlakeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Looks great on my iphone.

3. myefforts profile image53
      myeffortsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It now shows individual views per hub only but not the total views for all the hubs in the stat section as it used to be in the previous version. Is it really so or I am missing something.

2. paradigmsearch profile image58
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

LOOKS AWESOME, GUYS!!! WELL DONE!!!

Yes, well done to all at Hubpages - now we are REALLY entering the websphere properly!!! PS - saw the ads, good one and should attract some clickers.

3. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 10 years ago

just one small thing, on my computer my picture is coverd up by my hubscore....jimmy

Paul Edmondsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jimmy, will you post a screenshot?  Thanks!

4. LCDWriter profile image91
    LCDWriterposted 10 years ago

Same for me, jimmythejock.  Otherwise it's nice.

5. jimmythejock profile image84

sure

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8526705_f248.jpg

6. jimmythejock profile image84

I am using google chrome paul if that helps

Paul Edmondsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. We will fix this up shortly.

7. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 10 years ago

I think it looks great!  The hubs look very nice with pics and videos.  The only problem I've noticed is that when I click on a YT video, it brings up a screen with more choices and I can't get the video to play.   I've tried it on a few of my hubs.

8. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Thanks RebekahElle - Can you post a link to the hub with issues and info about the device you're using?

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I posted the links above. I still have the problem on my mobile device. Any help?

9. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 10 years ago

I tried a few.  http://rebekahelle.hubpages.com/hub/Max … gest-Songs

http://rebekahelle.hubpages.com/hub/Hea … d-Toddlers

I'm using a HTC Sensation, 4G at home with a wi-fi connection.
    When I click the red arrow on the video it goes to a screen with the next two video choices.

10. agilitymach profile image92
    agilitymachposted 10 years ago

I don't have a smart phone.  Is there a way to view the mobile layout of currently published hubs?

1. paradigmsearch profile image58
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Click preview (in edit mode), then click mobile.

1. agilitymach profile image92
        agilitymachposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, thanks so much.  Too cool!!

11. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

I don't know if I am looking at a desktop or mobile version of HP on my tablet. Can anyone tell me how to switch between the 2? Forgot.

12. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 10 years ago

Unless I am missing it somewhere, the new stats page layout no longer has the "graph" button. Was that just inadvertently been overlooked with the new design? Or was it dropped for some reason. Really would be nine to have that back. It's useful to have a visual graph of how we are doing.

I still haven't stumbled across where the widget critter went. Not a big deal though; I can still glom it off one of my websites.

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
        pauldeedsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can get the widget at the bottom of this page:

http://hubpages.com/help/ads

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
          Glenn Stokposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Paul, That's not what I was referring to in my previous comment. Those widgets are just banners.

I'm talking about the button that gives us the graph of our views. The button was called "graph" and it was on the stats page before the page was changed yesterday.

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
            pauldeedsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My reply was to paradigmsearch's comment about the widget.

The graphs were intentionally dropped from my account, but we hope to replace them with something similar when we can.  Unfortunately, for accounts with significant history and traffic the graphs as they were had performance problems, meaning they took a long time to generate and put a heavy load on our database servers.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
              Glenn Stokposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I guess we got our wires crossed Paul, because paradigmsearch had replied to my post about the graph button. But all is well. As a programmer myself, I perfectly understand the issue about the graph placing a heavy load on the server. I'll miss it, but I understand. Thanks for the explanation.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image91
      Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I like looking at the graph too, and would like to see it back.

13. paradigmsearch profile image58

Hey, HP. My Adsense is positively screaming at me (in a good way) about all the mobile visitors I am now getting. Looks like you guys have really hit a home run here.

14. janderson99 profile image52
    janderson99posted 10 years ago

Fabulous! Very Timely! Well Done!

1. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

15. EricDockett profile image97
    EricDockettposted 10 years ago

In the stats section on mobile, I'm not seeing total numbers over the last  24-hour period.  I see it broken down by Hub, but not the total.  Am I missing it somewhere or is it no longer available?

16. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

@rebekahelle

We've been working on it. I'll check on Monday to see where we are.

17. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 10 years ago

The mobile site is great smile

18. paradigmsearch profile image58

Uh-oh. My AdSense for months, if not years (?), has always said my revenue optimization was 4 or 5 blue dots. It is  now at 2 blue dots and a red, down arrow. Also does this tie into the other thread, http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/118571 ?

19. paradigmsearch profile image58

Hark, everyone! The AdSense Revenue Optimization status is back to 4 blue dots, with Health and Plus remaining at the full 5.

1. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You put an awful lot of faith in blue dots.

I raise them as pets.

20. Ranveer Bhatia profile image61
    Ranveer Bhatiaposted 10 years ago

That is amazing. Mobile compatible website is a 'must' specially since so many people are using internet through their mobile devices. It is predicted that in 2014 mobile internet usage will eclipse desktop internet usage.

21. angelasiuta profile image30
    angelasiutaposted 10 years ago

Looks great on my ipad!

22. LongTimeMother profile image91
    LongTimeMotherposted 10 years ago

Thanks for the improvement in mobile display. Looks good. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)