Confused about quality assessment procedures

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)
  1. profile image59
    Ms Geekposted 9 years ago

I'm new to Hub and was informed that my first Hub did not pass quality assessment procedures. I'm a little confused by this, because I am a pretty good writer with a strong grasp of grammar. My first hub is a bit on the short side, but I deliberately wanted to make a short and simple page about a complex topic, finding out that you're autistic as an adult.

Was grouping too many books together a problem?

1. Shades-of-truth profile image82
      Shades-of-truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't know - usually they are to be spaced out, with enough text to support their existence. I looked at your Hub, and it must have passed, since I was able to view it.

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

HP now wants product links to be highly pertinent to the text; you have to say something about the books and work it into the text naturally.  Before, you could put a list of books or products at the end of an article even if they were only somewhat related to the topic of the article, lately this is not allowed if you want to pass the quality process.  It should be easy to fix, best of luck.

1. profile image59
        Ms Geekposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! Is there a way to get my page re-assessed after I've made the changes?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image69
          Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you have a Hub that does not pass the QAP, simply edit it and address any issues. When you are done you can submit it for publication and it will set it to be evaluated by the QAP again as well.

3. profile image59
      Ms Geekposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Okay, now I got another e-mail saying that I didn't pass QAP, even after I edited the Amazon links to be more integrated into the text. It's no longer available for viewing.  I'm confused and kind of frustrating.

Is it possible for something to not pass QAP because it features a particular opinion? I know that I've seen other pages with opinions, so it's confusing.

1. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The hub has not been unpublished, it is just not featured if it didn't pass QAP. I can see your hub on your profile page. You might benefit greatly by hitting the "Help" link in the top right corner of any page in HubPages.

I glanced at your new hub, and only see the title of the hub. None of the text capsules are titled. Those sub-titles are important too.

Added: Expressing an opinion would not keep a hub from passing QAP, unless you were using word that are black listed on the site.

2. profile image59
    Ms Geekposted 9 years ago

Okay, thanks. I'm a little confused because I got an e-mail saying it did not pass QAP? But I guess if you were able to see it, then that's good. Thanks!

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years ago

Hi, Ms. Geek -

Welcome to the site!  Your Autism hub covers an important topic - I am not sure what QAP would like to see changed, but here are a few thoughts:

Is any of the text related to the books (the descriptions) taken from the Amazon site?  Sometimes that can be flagged. Also, you might want to break them up - the way the layout is arranged, it does look a bit like you might be encouraging purchases (that's a no-no).

It appears there might be one particularly long text capsule with boldfaced section headers in it? If that's the case, break that capsule into several separate capsules (this only takes a few minutes - you can cut & paste blocks of text into the new capsules).  This will help increase the QAP scores.

Add more images or videos - especially if you create additional text capsules. Each capsule should have some sort of graphic or visual element with it (an image, a video, quiz, something).

Consider using a few layout tricks to break up the one long vertical layout you currently have. You can move text to the lefthand side with the arrows at the top of the text capsules. That gives you room to insert images or other visuals on the RH side. 

Again - welcome to the site, and don't get frustrated over needing to make a few changes! The topic is good!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)