I'd like feedback on my Hub: My Tribute To Muhammad Ali- Poetry included

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)
  1. always exploring profile image77
    always exploringposted 7 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub My Tribute To Muhammad Ali- Poetry included. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There seems to be more strictness with becoming featured with my experience too. I have used the format you used with being a poem and information. I have had some success with that. I can only offer perspectives to ponder. As you I used the same flow for topic: HubPages»Books, Literature, and Writing»Poems & Poetry»Narrative Poetry But, there is a difference. I placed the poem first and followed with the supplemental information. I think that may be key. (I think the rules say I cannot post a link to an example. It is about Diabetic Shock stated in the title if you wish to look at it)

Here is how I see it. If the article begins as a textual content and not poetry it will be viewed as an informational article. Since it is the Human Outsource MTurk at Amazon that reads and rates the Hub I think they see it as not a poem. If an informational article in that case it should be regard narrative poetry. Yours is not. So, they will use the informational criteria and that differs from Creative. To peek here are links to those criteria.

Informational Hubs

Creative Hubs

Note: You can toggle between them at each at the upper left at a hyperlink

Also, I seem to have a suspicion that there is minimum rating / score to be featured and who knows that. A key is today HP suggested for Niche sites 80 is the aim. I don't know if that plays into the scheme of things with becoming featured or not . . . I dun'no.

I hope that helps or of least offers perspective . . .

always exploringposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you tsmog. I did list it as narrative poetry, perhaps I should have listed it first in the title. I will try that. Thanks again.

2. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 7 years ago

Ruby, I read your hub. I have a few suggestions.

Was he 12 years old when he went to the Olympics? I doubt it. You said he went to the Olympics that same year is his bike was stolen. And you say "gold metal" not "medal".
    In another paragraph you say he was the "heavyweight boxer champion" that should be "boxing champion".
    His name was Casius Clay, not "Chasus".
    Changing these things may help get it featured. The poem is good, so is Tim's advice.

Thank you John. I will make the changes. Cheers.

3. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 7 years ago

Hi Ruby,

Looks like you have received some good pointers. Your hub is most likely featured by now being I am slow getting here. The only thing I see is actually his name is spelled "Cassius" ...at least that is how I've always seen it spelled? Other than that just be sure to indicate your source for any images and be sure they are legal. There should be plenty on Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons.

1. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oops, my incorrect advice there, Faith...you're right it is Cassius.

Thank you Theresa, I made some changes and it is now featured. John was very helpful. I will take another look at the name. I think news writers are spelling his name differently. I couldn't believe I spelled his name incorrectly, then checked on line and sure enough, it was spelled as I had it first. Thanks again...

2. always exploring profile image77

Hi John, I will check his name again. It probably is Cassius. What a hoot! Hee. I made the changes you suggested and they featured it. Thank you again...

1. Jodah profile image91
          Jodahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is great news to hear, Ruby. Good to see it featured.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)