What Happened to Benghazi?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Sychophantastic profile image85
    Sychophantasticposted 7 years ago

You remember Benghazi, right?

Four brave Americans died in an attack that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was responsible for. Prior to the election, investigations were closing in on hard evidence that was going to put Hillary Clinton in jail. Now, after the election, not a peep about where those investigations are headed. In fact, they seem to be dead, forgotten.

But we should never forget.

Four Americans died and nobody is doing anything about it. Hillary Clinton should be put in jail and prosecuted for the crimes that got these brave Americans killed.

Where is the concern? Where is the outrage? How come the investigations are done and gone?

Can we really just pretend it all never happened? Are we just going to forget and move on?

2. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

The report went to Congress, and Congress has been scared to go the next step to say ... hey, you witch, you were caught lying.  Hillary should have been held accountable for having gone into Libya, and created a chaotic state and a terrorist state.

The Benghazi Consulate building itself wasn't government, it goes under the CIA. The person who was in charge at the time was ex-CIA Chief General  Petraeus, and we never heard a word from him in the investigation.  Obama blew him out for having an affair with his biographer, I think.  So!  He was involved and protected.

Then, there was Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta, who was director of the CIA, he was involved...and there are several others.   I guess my point is it was not just Hillary Clinton's fault, there were a lot of actors. 

Tray Gowdy, and the Democrats didn't handle the Benghazi investigation right, and only helped to insulated Clinton very well.   He fell right into the trap and didn't know what he was doing.  Gowdy, has to be an absolute moron, and a stupid prosecutor, ... because all he did was guarantee Hillary's ascension to the WH. ---  Thankfully, all the Clinton Foundation pay-to-play came out through Wilkileaks, and so much more ... to show what a greedy corrupt scum-bag she is.) 

I don't know if that Benghazi tangled web of lies will ever be unraveled. That was a covert operation.  Maybe, Congress will have a change of heart and hold Hillary accountable for going into Libya and taking down Gaddafi.  - She truly sounded like a psychopath when she laughed about Gaddafi's brutal death and said, "We came, we saw, he died."  She laughed.

There are several other criminal investigations going on quietly now.  We don't want to give Obama a reason to pardon Hillary at this point.  We should see a lot of drama played out in the future.

What I am saying now, is I believe they scapegoated Hillary Clinton in the whole Benghazi ordeal, and its even worse than that.

I will never forget the four Americans who died.

Sychophantasticposted 7 years agoin reply to this

None of this is acceptable. Congress was well on its way to developing a case to prosecute her. There was no indication they were just going to stop if she didn't win the Presidency. Was this just about politics or was it about justice. President Trump promised to put her in jail for what she did and now he's completely backed off that. Is justice important or isn't it?

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Maybe they are just laying low until Obama leaves office and loses the power to pardon her.

Never forget!

colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump is not president, yet m'dear.  He made the remark at a debate as nominee, "Because, you'd be in jail."  to  Hillary, after she said some stupid thing about ..'if Trump was in charge of the laws.'   I don't remember him making that mandate any other time, but I may have missed a great moment in history. 

Benghazi was a legal "covert operation", as hard as that is to swallow.  Hillary was a scapegoat, she was not soley responsible.  However, the email ordeal is not over, for that she needs to be held responsible. And, she should be charged with war crimes, and much more, and I believe she will be after there is a new DOJ in town. 

Trump will be President on January 20th, 2017, so let's wait and see what happens in the following 100 days after that.  We will be able to tell better by what he does, rather than by what we imagine.  I don't believe I will be disappointed. 

There are several investigations going on quietly that involves the Clintons (and many more).  It is a delicate situation.

I just learned that Hillary has also been involved in a pedophilia ring. She needs to be prosecuted for that too!

1. colorfulone profile image77

President-elect Trump tweeted the other day that pedophiles should get the death penalty.  He tweeted pretty much the same about child rapists back in 2012.

So you agree then? Hillary should get the death penalty? Something has to be done! And it would send a message that nobody is above the law.

Now, don't try to put words in my mouth or mind read.  I did not agree.  Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.   However, I do agree that no one should be above the law, (added) which Hillary clearly is because of the many violations with her handling of classified and top secret government information on her unsecured email server, etc.

1. PhoenixV profile image63
                  PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That did not stop Obama when he droned people.

2. Sychophantastic profile image85

What about the pdeophilia? Don't you care?

Yes, I do care, I weep.  I bring those concerns to the Lord.   

I can tell you that there are several investigations happening officially, quietly and privately.  I have to trust and believe that those involved in pedophilia, child trafficking, and much more... will be brought to justice.  This is on a large scale globally.

2. PhoenixV profile image63

Didnt Obama arbitrarily execute an American child?  Seems fair to me. Use a drone.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

How many investigations and hearings does it take to accept the conclusions?  How much money has to be spent?  Jeeze - what does it take?  She lost.  Move on.

I'm not sure what your point is. There was a commitment to investigate this and prosecute. Four Americans died and nobody is doing anything about it. Prior to the election, everyone was very gung-ho about pursuing justice and now that the election is over, that commitment just seems to be gone. What about justice for those four dead Americans. Were the Benghazi investigations just a publicity stunt? If not, why aren't they being pursued with the same vigor now?

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

"nobody is doing anything about it."

Where have you been for the last couple of years?

It was a tragedy.  It was unavoidable.  It's been investigated to the nth degree. 

4,000 American troops have died because Bush !! lied.  How many investigations have there be into that?  None.

Move on.

Republicans were investigating this thoroughly and showed no signs of stopping. Trump promised to prosecute and put Clinton in jail. Where has that commitment gone?

"Trump promised to prosecute and put Clinton in jail."

No, Trump did not promise to persecute anyone, he can not prosecute anyone.   I believe that will be up to his Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, and he is a law and order man, so...Hillary is sweating it.

He promised that if he became President, she would be in jail.

Trump said, "I promise"?  ... I don't remember that.   But, him saying "Because, you'd would be in jail." ... felt promising to me.

He specifically said he would appoint a special prosecutor to look into her emails and that if it were up to him, she'd be in jail. Those things will be up to him soon and I hope he follows through.

Now, we're getting on the same page.   That is much closer to what was said.  I'm kind of a stickler for what was said, and what was actually meant.  Jeff Sessions is pretty special!

2. PhoenixV profile image63

First they would have to determine if she is competent to stand trial. She has conversations with Eleanor Roosevelt and paranoia regarding landing under sniper fire at airports. Hillary just needs professional help. imo

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

Jeeze Sych :  You are about 2 weeks behind the news curve.  Please catch up and get better sources.

Not to mention, she lost.  You republicans now have to govern.  You'd better start thinking bigger thoughts.

6. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13341661.jpg

I agree with Kathleen. We should move on to more pressing problems. Nothing is ever going to be done about Hillary. She got off. Yet again. Go figure.

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

Didn't Reagan "get off" when it got 240 marines killed in Beruit? Didn't Bush II "get off" when he got 4,000 Americans killed in Iraq and Afghanistan?  And nobody threatened them with anything. It is way past time to get some perspective on this incident - as tragic as it was.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Good point, Kathleen. I say we string up the two left standing.

After Ronald Reagan's attempted assassination, it was George H. Bush running the show, so he basically had three terms as president.  Insiders have said that Reagan was kept drugged after he was shot and never fully recovered. Shortly after he left office it was announced that he had Alzheimer's.  What a coincidence, huh! 

I cannot defend anything about Bush II's presidency with good conscience, not after 9/11.  Or, his father. 

The Bush/Clinton Cartel in Washington DC needs to be drained in my honest opinion. 

Why did the Clinton Foundation get $35 million dollars from Russia for our uranium?

Why did Hillary get foreign money from Communist China and Saudi Arabia, publicly?

She should be indicted, she has been caught red-handed as Secretary of State along with the Obama Administration for a pay-to-play scheme. 

Will anything ever get done?  I have hope!  Its about time corrupt politicians are held accountable across the board, I don't care who they are.

Let's not forget ChinaGate!

8. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

Me too.  Let's start with Trump.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)