Where are the articles?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)
  1. queencat profile image87
    queencatposted 6 years ago

Greetings,

Forgive me if he answer to my question is obvious, but I can't seem to find many actual articles. I am finding mostly question style articles when I search the topics. Am I not looking in the right places? Is there another place outside of the topics to search articles? I am looking forward to reading more Hub content now that I have more free time but I am stuck on this.
    Thank you,
    Cat

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

You can always search on Google for topics that are of interest you on HP.  Just type in things like  "hubpages  cooking"  or "hubpages  travel", etc.

Plenty of people are actively writing here, me included, but you will see the best hubs on the niche sites.

2. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hover to the top page "Hubpages" click on it, besides "More' click to the three lines, under My profile, you can see the topics, choose any of them, you can read lots of articles there

3. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You can always put a query into the search (above) if you interested in a particular subject but I agree with most people, the HubPages search facility sucks.

4. Au fait profile image82
      Au faitposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think the best way to access more articles is to sign out of HubPages.   The page that comes up after you sign out has extensive listings of articles in their general categories, including the articles in the niches.  Many articles have titles in the form of a question, so don’t assume when you read the various titles that the titles that ask a question are Q&A rather than an article.

You can always go to the profile pages of various HP members and check out any articles they have and then check out their followers or the people they follow and peruse their articles as well.

If you click on the lines with the bell in the top left corner on several pages, that will also give you the various categories in the box that opens.  That will also include Q&A.  Some categories, such as politics and social issues, will have a lot more Q&A to wade through than other topics.  Some topics may not have any Q&A.

After you click on the lines with the bell and the black box opens to reveal various information including the various topics that can be written on listed in the bottom half of the black box, click on one of the topics and the page that appears will have categories within that topic at the top of the page.  After that section of subcategories, a list of everything relating to the general topic begins.  You can peruse the general list under the subcategories or click on one of the subcategories and peruse the list that comes up from that action.  Either way, just before the author's name, it will tell you if it is a Q&A, and article, or a discussion, so you can skim through to articles more easily if you aren't interested in the discussions or Q&A.

Hope this will be of use to all members who may not be familiar with these various ways of accessing articles.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

The search function on HubPages totally sucks.  I wish they would fix it.   It tends to return more results from the Q&A than actual Hubs. 

Why do you want to read more Hubs?

1. TessSchlesinger profile image61
      TessSchlesingerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree. From time to time I look for hubs, and the only thing that comes up is questions.

3. profile image0
    marcuscaineposted 6 years ago

I agree with Marisa, the search function is terrible.

Since you are looking to read some hubs, I recommend you follow Glenn Stok. He posts great articles!

I also recommend Besarien. I think she posts things you might find interesting. I hope that helps.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

I have been alarmed for most of the past year at the lack of articles and the advent of, not only Q&A, but the number of hubbers who do nothing but Q&A.  HP quality is being watered down.  Why they even list Q&A in the general feed is a good question.

There are many good writers here.  You have to pan for them.

I think Q&A ought to be abolished. I have no idea what the point of having them is.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hundreds of articles are still being published, it's just that the HubPages search doesn't find them. 

Also remember that all the good Hubs are being moved to the niche sites within a week or two, so they're not going to show up on the HubPages search either.

5. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 6 years ago

I gave up. Everything seems to be about why are Christians an oppressed minority? or angry people ranting about politics but mostly hurling insults at one another. I'd say go to the niche sites and scroll about a bit to find interesting reads.

Quite honestly, I wish Paul would make HP a religion free zone. It is a sickness.

6. Thelma Alberts profile image89
    Thelma Albertsposted 6 years ago

I am wondering about that, too. When I visit my account,  I also read some hubs but there were no hubs in the feed. It seems that HP is a deserted site.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The Hubs in your feed are only by people whom you follow, or on topics you follow.   Maybe the Hubbers you follow aren't writing much?   It's also worth checking which topics you are following, if any.

7. Kenna McHugh profile image93
    Kenna McHughposted 6 years ago

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)