Snipping Questions

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Lynne-Modranski profile image81
    Lynne-Modranskiposted 6 years ago

I haven't been updating much in 2017 since Hubpages really doesn't produce the revenue it used to. But I was back yesterday and after updating I got the message my hubs were snipped.

I can't find a place to see what was snipped anymore - has that feature been deleted?

I can't find a place to withdraw my hubs from being snipped anymore - has that feature been deleted?

I really would like some clear guidelines (the ones presently offered are too vague) on what Hubpages wants.  Every single item on all of my hubs is relevant to the topic. I only link to other things that will expand upon the subject and every Amazon link gives more on the subject often allowing the reader to purchase what they've already read in the article. Yet, still my hubs are snipped.  This is the second reason for my inactivity.  I work and work to proof read, give good content and good links and then someone arbitrarily snips.  It's frustrating and seems pointless.  I understand your desire to have google friendly pages, but these snips seem completely needless. If it truly is google driven, then the snippers much have a better set of guidelines then you've given your members because if I had the same list they did, snipping would never be needed . . . unless of course, they have the same list and now it's just a matter of interpretation and opinion . . .in which case the whole snipping process is useless because obviously no one knows for sure what's correct.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Every time you edit or produce a hub it goes through QAP.  You have no choice about snipping, but usually they inform you.  When a hub is snipped this usually means they are getting it ready to be moved to a niche site.  If it is only edited, you'll see a little red mark next to the title in your Stats page.  If you click on that, you'll see the changes that were made.

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

Lynne, You can't make much money anymore on HubPages' main site. You need to work at getting your hubs moved to the niche sites. That's where the money is. I see you only have two hubs that were moved out of 137.

The rules with using Amazon ads have been made very clear. Have you been reading the weekly newsletters? I would recommend you read Marisa Wright's hub about the basic rules you need to know. Here it is:
    https://hubpages.com/community/How-to-M … ed-to-Know

While you're at it, check out Marisa's other tutorial hubs. She has written a lot of helpful guidelines that will get you back on track to be successful with you hubs.

1. Lynne-Modranski profile image81
      Lynne-Modranskiposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for replying!
      I didn't move to niche pages because of all the snipping.  It was about the time the niche pages appearred I disappeared.  Up until them I edited something every single day on Hubpages to keep everything relevant and make sure it was keeping up with google changes.  I got so tired of working hard and then having things taken out.  I wouldn't even mind editing suggestions, but this business of  just arbitrarily cutting things frustrates me.  I read those pages you suggested . . . Everything snipped followed those rules. I've updated descriptions and more.  I know I still have a few pages that don't meet the criteria, but why bother changing things when it won't matter, stuff will get cut anyway . . . relevant material.
      Thanks again for your reply and your suggestions . . . I'll probably be here during November and December because traffic rises during this time, but after the first of the year the frustration will probably be too much for me again.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Lynne, are you absolutely sure you followed the Amazon rules? 

Your products must be directly relevant to the TITLE of the Hub - you're probably following that rule.

The other rule is that you must say why YOU, personally, recommend the product. If you word your recommendation in an impersonal way, the product will be snipped.  You must use "I", "my" or "mine".  For instance, if you say,  "This DVD is ideal for the over 50's",  it will be snipped.  You have to say, "Now I'm over 50, I find this DVD ideal for..."

The bottom line, though, is that a Hub moved to the niche site stands to earn more money from ad revenue than a Hub that stays on HubPages with its Amazon ads.

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Lynn, As I mentioned before, and Marisa confirmed, you will make more money when your hubs are on the niche sites. There is little to be made with hubs remaining on HubPages. You said it yourself in your first post in this thread: “Hubpages really doesn't produce the revenue it used to.” That’s why you need to make your hubs worthy of the niche sites.

If you follow the rules, which are much more strict for the niche sites, your ads will not get snipped. I have five Amazon ads in one hub that was moved to a niche site without any snipping. That’s proof that it works if you do it right.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

+1

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)