5 Steps to Increase your Google Page Rank.

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (47 posts)
  1. profile image48
    Ma7moud ABo3oufposted 14 years ago

Google Page rank is based on back links. Back links are Links pointing to your website from another website. The more back links you have the higher your PR will be.

1. Join forums, forums are a great way to achieve links to your website. In most forums you are allowed to have a signature and in your signature you can put a link to your website. But another important note to look on is making sure the forum is somewhat related to your website. You will still get credit if it's not, but if it's related to your website than you will be accomplishing two tasks at once.

You will be advertising for your website (bringing in targeted traffic) You will also be building your websites presence.

Your websites presence is very important to your survival. The more people see, or hear about your website the more credibility you will have and this increases your chances of having these visitors come back and possibly become leads.

2. Submit to search engine directories. Search engine directories are a good way to get a free link to your website. They also increase your chances at being listed higher on popular search engines like Google, and overture.

Most search engine directories allow you to submit to their website for free. This will allow you to increase your web presence by being listed on another search engine, and it will also be a free link.

Remember the more links you have the higher your PR will be

3. Using ezine ads (or newsletters). Creating an ezine will probably be the most beneficial step you can take to increasing your web presence. When you create an ezine you will be able to keep visitors coming back to your website for more by using signatures and giving special deals.

Ezine's will also allow you to increase your back links. By creating an ezine you can submit your information about your ezine to an ezine directory. This directory will than link to your website(thus giving you a free link).

4. Creating and publishing articles. Articles are an easy source of generating new traffic. You can include your signature in your article. This will bring in more traffic from article submission directories.

Your signature usually consists of 4 to 8 lines. Usually the first line would be the title of the website that you are trying to advertise. The last line would be the link to the website and the lines in between these would be a sales pitch to draw your viewers into your website.

5. Links from related websites. Gaining links from related websites can be one of the most frustrating tasks you can attempt.

They are very easy to find, but can be somewhat difficult to obtain links from.

To find related websites, all you have to do is go to a search engine... say Google... and type in your subject. Maybe your website is based on ford mustangs.

You go to Google and type in ford mustangs, than you look around for pages that are somewhat related to your website. After you have done this (which should be very easy) you have to contact them in some way to get your link posted on their website. This can be the most difficult task because a lot of webmasters ignore e-mail's from people requesting links because they don't see the importance of it at the time. Some other reasons could be that they are rarely online, or they delete spam mail and sometimes delete their important emails in the process.

Important note: When looking for link partners don't just link with websites that have a page rank of 4 or higher. Link with anyone and everyone you get a chance to. If you link to someone that has a page rank of zero, this will not hurt your page rank. It will only increase it because you are getting a link back to your website. Google doesn't look at your back links page ranks to determine what yours is going to be. It simply looks at how many back links you have.

So if Google one day decided to link to a website that was just created and this website has a page rank of 0 and has a domain that goes something like this: mywebsite.geocities.com it's page rank wouldn't increase even though Google's page rank is 10, it's rank would still be zero because it would only have that one back link.

1. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Why don't you make this into a hub!

1. Army Infantry Mom profile image60
        Army Infantry Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you,..I'd like more information on this myself,..LOL

1. yoshi97 profile image57
          yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I wrote a hub on this topic myself, though I didn't delve heavily into backlinking as I have seen where organic links (those received just by a hub being out there on the internet) seem to be much stronger. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Army Infantry Mom, read the rest of the thread - the advice is worthless, he's just a spammer.

2. yolanda yvette profile image61
        yolanda yvetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a hub.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years ago

i agree....this would be a good hub.

maybe add a poll asking which sites are the best for backlinks? i'm still unsure where to start blogging: wordpress, blogger, etc. or is squidoo better? are myspace facebook and twitter useful? i don't want to start putting all that time and effort into something besides HubPages until i know which one(s) is the "best".

Twitter is AWESOME,...If ya do it right,...I get "follow friday" every week by at least 10 people,...through them 10 people my link is seen by at least 1,000 people and it has really boosted my views and my clicks

1. sannyasinman profile image61
          sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi, can you explain what "follow Friday" means to Twitter novice (me)?

It's where friends you have made puts a tweet out saying to follow you,...and it's done on fridays. Its their way of saying hey,..you really need to check this person out, to their friends. and you can also include hashtags,..those are #Hubpages, #SOT (Support our troops),#FF (follow friday), ect. those hashtags will also put you into catagories to which people who share the same intrests can connect easier.

2. gooadam profile image65
          gooadamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Blogger is a bad choice.  Wordpress is good.  Squidoo is okay.  Facebook is fine so long as the links are on a publicly seen page.  Myspace... bleh, no comment.  Twitter is fine as long as you are using the service a lot (which to me means less time on everything else).

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
            Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is wrong with Blogger?  I just started using them for some niche blogs I set up recently, but I also have my own hosted blog sites powered by Wordpress.  I'm only using Blogger for backlinks.  Is that worthless or are you just referring to someone starting out?

1. thewebsquad profile image60
              thewebsquadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wordpress has a higher PR than Blogger, and WP is more versatile especially when it is self-hosted. However, the catch is that Blogger is run by Google, so common sense would tell you that Google looks at Blogger more. Both sites are used and abused by spammers and such so its really a personal preference.

2. Richieb799 profile image74
        Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've heard raves about Blogger and Wordpress, however I started a Blogger because I heard 100% revenue goes to the author..I am still concentrating on bumping up my Hubpages first smile I earn money here

3. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
      Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

Google some text from it.  Looks like it's been spammed into multiple forums, but I can't figure how they're getting any benefit from doing that with no links.

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hysterical! Google has three whole pages of places where this article also is! smile

4. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Some people have way too much time on their hands, and not enough sense.

5. Laura du Toit profile image74
      Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

No connection to the people that stole the content from Hubpages? The higher the PR of the articles they steal the more beneficial for them.

Or am I not making sense? big_smile

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not sure I get your point...

1. yoshi97 profile image57
          yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

the thing is, what's given is a mess of ook that is useless to someone just learning the ropes. There's no meat given with these potatoes, and therefore, it's just a serving of 'spread the name of your website everywhere'.

If not followed properly, the method prescribed could get one deindexed, as Google doesn't like tons of links forming overnight when an article is first written.

The best way to get sandboxed by Google is to write an article then build 500 backlinks within the first week of it being published. And yes ... I know people this has happened to.

With information like this comes responsibility ... build your backlinks slowly the first month ... just one or two a day ... then after about 6-8 weeks you can then build all kinds of links, as google doesn't seem to mind you doing this once you have established a presence with your article. smile

Well, keywords are free game on the net unfortunately.  If you write about something (let's say "purple grapes") and you post it publicly, then you are judged by the search engine on the PR of the page as well as the structure of the web page.  If someone else writes a nice article based on your efforts about purple grapes, but uses original content, yes, they may beat you in the SE's.  So, you do the work to market the page based on the keywords that you may get traffic for and you hope for good results.  If someone comes along and does a cut and copy of your material (including photos), you should still get a grandfathering in the search engines for position above the site that stole the content (most search engines will filter for duplicate content and penalize the site that is newer, so original trumps quotes every time).  However, if the scraper site steals your content then markets it after a different keyword in the article, there is a chance that a few of the search engines may rank the scraper site higher for certain keyword searches (however, I doubt this to be the case with Google, who does have many many many people on staff just to manually check content for problems, and I believe their algorithm was a much better design from the start)

6. thewebsquad profile image60
      thewebsquadposted 14 years ago

There is so much more to ranking in Google than the 5 steps given. The fact the his #1 step is joining forums kind of makes me think he does not know much. And Google PR is not completely based on backlinks. Relevancy is also another major factor, but Google does not tell us how they rank this. PR is very complicated and much of it is based in theory as Google on released a fraction of one of their algorithms. 

Forums do allow you to get a ton of links, but they usually don't have much weight, and some forums will make your links to your site nofollow, which are usually not counted by Google.

Content is King when is comes to SEO, but posting articles across the net should not be your only goal. A few informative articles are good, but a blog, either self-hosted or web-hosted, is gold and will generate lots of traffic to you. If its self-hosted then great, the work is done, but if it is web hosted then you need to link back to your site frequently.

Another untapped resource are social networks. These can drive a lot of traffic to your site, and allow you to connect with potential clients in a more comfortable environment for them. There are 40+ SNs that you can join depending on your niche.

Any Questions?

7. profile image0
      Louidam1posted 14 years ago

Maybe these spammers get paid to post articles all over the place.

1. thewebsquad profile image60
        thewebsquadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you notice he doesn't have a completed profile.

Yes there are companies that do this.  Good way for short term traffic and a long term ban from a search engine.

8. gooadam profile image65
      gooadamposted 14 years ago

Great info.  The only thing that I disagree with is posting your site directly to the search engines.  I know we would all like to have instant success on a newly created site, but I do know that Google likes a slow steady growth on a site and can sometimes penalize a site for growing too fast.  Seems kind of odd, but google's main priority is to create "quality" results for the user.  So if a site gets hundred's of links in a day, when it had no growth prior (or if it is a brand new site), Google may see this as possible bad thing in their results.  Steady growth beats bursts of growth.  Focus "burst" marketing in places like Twitter.

SEO should be built in to every page you make.  These rules do change, but there is plenty of info from Hubpages author's for most of you to learn quite a bit.  There are many little details to the structure of the page, the url, the load speed, etc.  And of course there are "keywords".  Best bet for most small sites is to go after little used keywords that their PR can support and raise up in the search results.  The keyword should be formatted correctly using these SEO guidelines (a good read for this is a Stanford article titled "The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine").  If you read Matt Cutts' blog.... I honestly take his advice with a grain of salt, but he does still give some good info in his dialogues. 

...and as for the higher PR sites not bleeding more link value than a low PR site, well I disagree with this.  One reason that leads me to disagree is my experience attaining links from higher PR sites and seeing the results.  If you get a link from some 'highPR.com' then I honestly believe it is in the placement of the link on their site that will affect the PR sent to you.  If they put it on a "link" page that is in some corner of their site, I would highly doubt you will get much at all for it because that particular page may have very little PR compared to the rest of the site.  Each page on a site shares a little of the total PR of the entire site, but their internal link structure dictates where more PR goes to.  (there is a lot of info on structure within a site, and backlinks pointing at pages within the site vs. pointing to the main page.... but I am just about done with my rant)  So I wouldn't shoot down going after a link from a site that has much higher PR than you, just don't expect it to hit gold.

9. hudsonj1994 profile image60
      hudsonj1994posted 14 years ago

Make this into a hub!

10. thewebsquad profile image60

Gooadam
      If you want I can help you write a hub on all of this, or a series of hubs...not sure how HB deals with multiple authors. This is a really big topic to write on. People have made BOOKS based on SEO

11. arthriticknee profile image66
      arthritickneeposted 14 years ago

What's ironic about this post is it is all about backlinks, yet is copied material that itself contains no link.

What ever this person is trying to promote, they are not very good at it. Yet they offer advice.

I'm with Yoshi - plenty of better info out there if you look.

12. iskandarX profile image60
      iskandarXposted 14 years ago

yeah.. more backlink.. more page ranking. but it's take a long time and many patient to made it. if you all need to pagerank I have something to tell.. do more comment on blog, product reviews or what ever site that place the comment block whit nickname linking to your site, that's the better ways that make my blog got PR3 in just 1 month online compare article submit that have to create the unique ones article that just only benefit to webmaster or owner that directory. True I saying is, do the more comment backlink better then ever. Good luck everybody.

13. thewebsquad profile image60

The thing that makes PR so confusing is that Google only updates the toolbar PR every three months, sometimes less.

Saying that you got to PR whatever in however long does not really show how well you are doing at SEO. PR is only one small part of the SEO process and is based on mostly backlinks.

The most important thing to look at in Search Engine Results Page (SERPS). I have seen countless times a PR5 site get beat out by PR2 sites in the search engine results because they are more relevant. PR is almost obsolete.

1. R P Chapman profile image60
        R P Chapmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Be wary of the PR data you're using. Google don't take it that seriously and neither should we:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/W … &hl=en

14. fdoleac profile image61
      fdoleacposted 14 years ago

The best way to increase your Page Rank is write content relevant to your site and that has value to the reader.  Feed your site and blogs with articles written and posted in other places like HubPages, Squidoo, etc.  But, content is king.

15. MikeNV profile image67
      MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Page Rank means nothing.  What matters is how well your site ranks in Organic Search Results and how well your convert on whatever you are doing.

16. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 14 years ago

hey , nice advice , lotsa people wouldn't want to give out , Thanks your a help for alot of us newbie peoples smile

17. jossecarr profile image60
      jossecarrposted 13 years ago

This post is really helpful.Those who own a website can really learn a lot from this.

18. profile image0
      askpowersposted 13 years ago

i found your hub very useful,
      thanks for sharing such information.
      regards

19. webscripts profile image61
      webscriptsposted 13 years ago

Well, if increasing the pagerank would be that easy, scores of SEO gurus would be out of business. I dont know why people get so caught up with pagerank. All it matters is the traffic you get from GOOG. Pagerank is just one part of the equation

20. fdoleac profile image61
      fdoleacposted 13 years ago

I have found the one way links is important and can easily be created by utilizing various blog engines linking back to your money site.

21. Electric Feel profile image62
      Electric Feelposted 13 years ago

well put. This is a great guide for starters. If anyone doesn't get what's going on, there are many other good sites, that you can easily build off of this information.

22. kiran111 profile image40
      kiran111posted 13 years ago

How many quality hubpages back-links are required to increase your page rank from 0 to 1

23. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years ago

Why would you want to do it? It's useless.

24. profile image50
      muthusamiposted 13 years ago

thank you very much for giving information to increase page rank of our site
      but i want to know what are the other things we can do as link building

25. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

lol lol lol

These are all bull shit. Too many self proclaimed SEO experts here and making the newbies confused. OP himself don't know what he is talking about and the post was a spam. You will find the OP at least in 5 other places if you run a google search.

So, newbies stay away. Write quality content and you are done. You need no twiter, facebook, forum, social bookmarking site, directories bla bla bla..........

If you want to learn about back linking read hubs of
      Misha,
      Mark Knowles,
      Sunforged,
      Alison Graham,
      Skyfire,
      shazwellyn
      and TerryGl.

These people know what they do unlike the OP and other self proclaimed experts advising here. Check what Irohner, Nelle Hoxie and Marisa Right told in the first page. They are great and highly experienced and expert hubbers to be followed.

1. willjackson profile image59
        willjacksonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

very nice post and will learn a lot from the thread

26. manicmusicfan profile image60
      manicmusicfanposted 13 years ago

Very nice post, some great information for people who are new to internet marketing.

Content is key, remember that, and google will reward you big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)