Spiritual Awareness

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (55 posts)
  1. alan richards profile image61
    alan richardsposted 14 years ago

Hello. My name is Alan S. Richards. I am the author of 10 hubs and counting and pleased to have the opportunity to share my work. I am currently publishing a web family magazine and finding it to be a great outlit for my past work. Spiritual Awareness is opening your soul to uplifting ideas and inspiring insights. Our spiritual nature cannot grow with us if we don't feed it. As we grow older, our mind expands and spiritual nature must expand as well. Please know that God has planned out a wonderful life for all of us. It's our choice on what routes we take while traveling on the road to redemption. None of us can go through life without spiritual direction. God planned this wonderful vacation on earth for us to learn, adapt, accept reality, and most important, to really learn what Love is all about.

1. profile image55
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did god also plan for thousands of children to starve to death every day? Did they accept gods reality?

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Q Apparently god only takes responsibility for car keys. Dying children are our fault, and he is not involved in any "bad" things!  lol

1. profile image55
          (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No wonder I never lose my car keys. Praise the lord for small miracles.

1. tantrum profile image60
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Alan we are here to learn about love and sharing, to understand the One or god in all things. smile
      I agree everything is planned out, divine plan .Like the poet Iqbal said "one needs to merge his will with the cosmic will." smile

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages. Your experience is going to be quite interesting to say the least. I hope you do well, with whatever you endeavor you pursue.

I am glad that you find spirituality awareness a high point of life, but I beg to differ on what exactly you're supporting.

I do understand that spirituality in mankind does need to grow, but NOT in the manner, in which you've announced here today.

Yes, I am working on my spiritual nature, as we speak now. I'm working on building solid relationship with people who don't think like I do, therefore I am to commit my life to the pursuit.

Okay, let me start by saying- Are you kidding? You can't possibly be serious? This is nothing against your belief, for which, you might consider this an attack or insult, but I want to make myself clear and precise.

You really think that GOD has already pre-planned my entire life, as well as, billions others. Every person's life is completely mapped out in his head?

I mean come on, let's keep it real sounding at least. You have a belief in GOD, then so be it. But, do realize, I speak from experience very few can speak from- I've seen your religion or religious beliefs, in detail and the doctrines don't work.

Selfless- leads to selfishness and objective not achieved.

To give up desire- it's against human nature.

Enlightenment - is the Human Consciousness you seek. Make your own choices for yourself, because there is no god.

Please understand- I've had the experience of faith in GOD and the word of Jesus Christ. I've done the studying I needed to break through the hoax of religion.

You want to know what religion really is- it's a business, that is exclusively based on a code of ethics, bound to a higher cause.

The higher cause- is consciousness. It's the highest cause. To guide oneself, to be honest in their own thoughts and actions, and when dealing with others. The problem in the world today is the simple FACT - They lack Self-Responsibility and Shame!

Plain and simple. Again, don't take offense, but I've lived through and I'm here to tell you..it is a hoax.

1. mohitmisra profile image61

Enlightenment means one who has become the Light or god.Everything has been planned by god to absolute perfection for billions of years, his head is not like yours or mine.His head is this entire cosmos.

Desires is what has bought us here on this planet,when we have no desires we stay home with god. smile

Mohit, what happened to the 6,000 year old planet of the bible?

Died and went to heaven

1. Stimp profile image60
              Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Everyone needs to slow down, you're writing words that are way too big.

what's your problem ?
                i wrote that ages ago !
                don't you have any comment of your own to say in the matter?
                spiritual awareness ? Know something about it ?

2. mohitmisra profile image61

Please expand on this Earnesthub. smile

In the Bible it shows a clear genealogy of Jesus starting with Joseph and ending with Adam. It also shows exactly how long each one of them lived. For example it says A is the son of B, who lived 50 years. And B is the son of C, who lived 70 years, etc.

If we add up all the ages, the Earth turns out roughly 6,000 years old. God made a mistake by a fraction of about a million. How do you justify that?

This is wrong ,I agree with you.

Thank you Mohit. smile

Welcome my friend smile

2. Cagsil profile image70

Oh, please.

Desires help shape and form our individual character.

My desires help me shape life to form around me, instead of me struggling to get by. Which, I'm pretty sure you do well, peddling what you do.

Your desires is what drives you? So, how are you doing as GOD told you? If your desire to be here in the forum, spreading his supposed message? How are you NOT listening to him yourself?

Yet you're here. Hmm....? Let's see....how many ways can I say that you are morally corrupted. Your own selfishness is blinding you from the obvious truth.

And, any so-called "inner" connection you think you're feeling- it's your subconsciousness telling you to get the message- there is NO GOD. No divine plan. It's just us and we are all alone.

You should be ranked over the Bibles and Qurans and not me smile

2. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Is this the sort of spiritual awareness you mean?

Then Jehoiada made a covenant between himself and the king and the people that they would be the LORD's people.  And all the people went over to the temple of Baal and tore it down.  They demolished the altars and smashed the idols, and they killed Mattan the priest of Baal in front of the altars.   (2 Chronicles 23:16-17)
    Nasty little god!
    The biblical god is a psychopath!

1. Cagsil profile image70

lol lol lol lol lol

3. earnestshub profile image79

Some more of god's love from the bible.

Then Jehoiada the priest ordered the commanders who were in charge of the troops, "Take her out of the Temple, and kill anyone who tries to rescue her.  Do not kill her here in the Temple of the LORD."  So they seized her and led her out to the gate where horses enter the palace grounds, and they killed her there.   (2 Chronicles 23:14-15 NLT)

Nasty psychotic little god! lol

Hi earnest ! smile

Lets not forget, the handicapped, the sick, and every misery of this 'blessed' world!

Hey Tantrum,

lol lol

Hey !!lol

2. Cagsil profile image70

You're killing me. lol lol lol

4. earnestshub profile image79

Hi Tantrum! The loonies make me want to puke!

They still make me laugh ! lol

I can relate to that too.
        I just wonder if they have ever considered the role of indoctrination that makes normal human beings in to believers in this dangerous crud. Surely no human would arrive at a belief in this hateful entity on their own. smile

they can't consider anything.
          they're blind.
          It's in the bible, remember ? Jesus said so ! big_smile

5. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

big_smile

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey Earnest,

You just open the door to entire new domain, which he will slide right into.

Remember, all-powerful GOD - he doesn't perceive time, like humans do.

lol lol

Please allow us to debate intelligently, encase you haven't noticed neither of us  have been rude to each  other. smile

I wasn't being rude. I was simply stating a position for which the argument/discussion would go.

You were rude earlier on and are continuing to be rude.

How does me pointing out the direction of discussion, as being rude. This is a public forum. If you don't like it too bad. Now that's being rude.

You can't even tell what's right or wrong. You are not the only two in the forum. And, to think you were is foolish.

And on that note- Enjoy.

cagsil wrote"Your desires is what drives you? So, how are you doing as GOD told you? If your desire to be here in the forum, spreading his supposed message? How are you NOT listening to him yourself?

Yet you're here. Hmm....? Let's see....how many ways can I say that you are morally corrupted. Your own selfishness is blinding you from the obvious truth. "

Do you think you should be talking like this to someone ranked over the Bible and Qurans? Do you think you can teach this person about spirituality?

7. earnestshub profile image79

Here is gods love for all to see!

You must kill those who worship another god.  Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own.  Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you.  Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own.  Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesnā€™t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah.  Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who donā€™t believe in him.  Jude 5

Neurotic crazy little god!

I don't agree with the above philosophy,this is not god but foolish man spreading non sense.

Glad you can see that Mohit. smile

You know I am against such threats . smile

2. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WOW!!! How can Christians go right on believing after all this despicable scripture?  Even if I didn't know, now that you have it documented, I would really start to look at this religion with better scrutiny.

You would think so wouldn't you? Indoctrination is essential to believe this sort of crud!

8. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

It an old argument that lives and dies, is re-born. lol

Whenever "GOD" is talked about as factual truth. It's mysticism that drives people. Sometimes, I find it funny, because I can see their response, before they post it.

And, it's all on the basis- that the Universe, itself is the effect of a cause(action). Because, of cause and effect theory.

Something had to cause the Universe to come to be. When it should be looked at it exists. Itself is the cause for which is life. It's existence is why humans exist. We were made from Nature on Earth.

What science hasn't figured out is, from which species did we evolve physically. Science has figured out that evolution does exist and happening in many things, just like humans evolved from Earth's evolution to support human life. The Human race exists because it evolved forward, not only physically, but mentally, by evolving the human consciousness, when for many thousands of years, many thousands of humans roamed Earth led by nature.

Human consciousness is the missing link to Evolution's theory in mankind. Now- it's time we learn how to use it in the best way for society. So, we can stop the wars, eliminate poverty, eliminate starvation and come together as a united race of humans. Evolution demands a new way of thinking, because as far as the eye can see- in the world today- the problem are overwhelming.

Just a thought, I had rambling in my head, sorry to digress. lol

9. Dickens007 profile image60
    Dickens007posted 14 years ago

Spiritual awareness....To me,it is about bringing your spirit more into your everyday life. To be aware of your spirit and to listen to that inner "Voice" that speaks to you all the time. Your inner Being, so to speak,that tells you, how you really feel, what makes you happy, what you love to do. I suppose it is about listning to your heart, the heart connects you to your spirit in my opinion, they are one and the same.

Once you connect with this amazing awareness of your spirit, you are in tune with the rest of the Universe and you are in total control of your life.

To me that is so FANTASTIC and that is where I want to be.

Catrina Osment, Denmark.
    SteveĀ“s wife.

So who's Steve ?

1. Stimp profile image60
        Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ya....Who IS Steve.... lol lol

10. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

tiger woods in critical condition?

11. S.S.YOGI profile image61
    S.S.YOGIposted 14 years ago

I am a spiritually illumined Yogi which in other words known as
    ENLIGHTENMENT OR SELF-REALIZATION.Realization is the watchword of all religions.If there is a God, we must see Him; if there is a Supreme Self,we must realize it.Otherwise these theories about the the existence of God and the Soul have very little value.If we cannot put them on a practical basis and realize the truth of them, they remain for us but mere words.This realizaion is the only thing that can bring satfaction to us.No amount of theory can ever satisfy our minds.Unless we can see the reality of things for ourselves, we can never find satsfaction. Experience is the real and only way of acuring strength.Real strength comes through realization, when a man has seen God he can declare with conviction that there is a God.When we have seen a thing, no matter how much people may deny the existence of that thing, we can still stand up bodly and declare, " I know it exists. "Thou are That", the Lord does not exist apart from you, find Him out yourself within youselef."
    S.S.YOGI

12. XTASIS profile image62
    XTASISposted 14 years ago

lol
    whatever !

13. BobLloyd profile image59
    BobLloydposted 14 years ago

People talk about spirituality as if it's something really profound when in reality, it's just self-awareness, the ability to introspect.  Nothing more profound than that.

Anyone can sit quietly and contemplate things and it doesn't need any reference to deities, immaterial superbeings, and mystical entities.  Take those things away, and you have a perfectly ordinary but useful technique for clearing your mind and thinking clearly.

It's the psychological need to mystify these things that leads to all sorts of fanciful notions of the so-called spiritual.  It makes the people who use these terms sound, and believe themselves to be, more profound and sensitive.  In reality, it's a bit of self-delusion, harmless enough.

Atheists can do these spiritual things just as well without having to fill their heads with the mystical nonsense.

14. XTASIS profile image62
    XTASISposted 14 years ago

I agree with you.
    I don't believe in anything, but I'm a spiritual person nevertheless.

15. wesleyacarter profile image57
    wesleyacarterposted 14 years ago

i think enlightenment happens through death. you want to know everything? die first. presently, being alive means you are too wrapped up with what you think you know.

You are correct one needs to be reborn, enlightenment happens only when one dies merges with the Light, the source or god and then comes back.

16. wesleyacarter profile image57
    wesleyacarterposted 14 years ago

this is not to promote suicide. there are many ways to die without ending your life.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)