49 %

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Here is a wacked out idea.....   What "if"   the creative power of saying, "Let this BE this way" that God has; he has given to mankind 49%. This 49% is shared equally among everyone living on this planet.He maintains 51% for veto purposes only. He has given us all of this POWER and we are doing WHAT ? with this power.  The answer is  NOTHING but argueing!!!!!!        When we finish doing what we can and it is abouta fall apart in our hands , HE will step in and show us what we,coulda !, woulda !,shuda done with all of this awsum power that he has bestowed upon all of us on this beautiful paradise that he has left in our capable hands.    And we ask ?  Why does GOD let all of this misery continue?

2. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Actually, we have 100%. Shhhhh, don't tell anybody. It's called free will and it's our show. Happy New Year, by the way. big_smile

Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And a very happy new year to ya too.   And everyone else as well.

2. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

man that avatar is festive and oh so hot big_smile

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i've got the New Years eve bug, right back atcha! big_smile

Yes it is cute. you changed hats a few minutes ago huh?

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Just stop arguing. smile

Happy New Year! smile

And come home safe   Happy new year

4. profile image0

Actually, I was agreeing. lol Happy New Year to you too Misha. big_smile

5. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Happy New Year to all!!

6. Jerami profile image57

I'm goina say it again in 4 more hours...Happy new year to you also pretty

7. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Interesting idea.  It reminds me of the Tower of Babel (Genesis 11).  God said that man would be able to do anything he wanted, because he had a common language.  Therefore, God confused their languages.  I guess you would call that using His veto power. smile

I had not thought of it in the Babble prospective before. HUMMmm  Can you imagine what kind of force would be unleashed if everyone on the face of the planet could agree  upon any one single little bitty thing???  and what might happen from there.

I wonder ??????

1. profile image0

What need would there be for governments then?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Denno what happened to the baby sheeps?

1. profile image0

Tonight I'm partying like it's 2009! big_smile I left 'em with a sitter. big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
              prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ok check on them from time to time

2. Jerami profile image57

I bet everyone could agree on the not needing government thingie except... I bet there would be one republican hold out.

1. profile image0

One?

ya caught me,  counting my sister ...   maybe a few more than one and a hand full of democrats too.

3. Ivorwen profile image66
          Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Babel had some form of government.  According to ancient history, Nimrod, Noah's grandson, was the founder/king of Babel, which is in present day Iraq.

2. glendoncaba profile image72
        glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Football World Cup is one teeny weenie example of world coming together.  And for that we get the most beautiful game in the Greatest Show on Earth.  Happy New Year.

Good point   We need more things like that.  The world needs to come together in some kind of unforsed way.
             Don't think government is the right path yet I don't know how bad life would be without it.

8. Haunty profile image75
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

Sorry, Jerami, but your thread has become a Happy New Year thread. So... Happy New Year! big_smile

9. profile image0

There's no accounting for sanity amongst our fearless leaders. lol

Are ya goin out tonight/  I'm goina fix a pot of coffee.  Just got bak a bit ago from havin Mex. food and you know what they make ya drink at Mex. restraunt. Making me sleepy already.   Gotsta have coffee if I want ta see 9:00. notlol

10. profile image0

I'm sick as a dog. The wife and I are hanging around eating snacks and watching the Twilight Zone marathon on the SyFy Channel until the ball drops. big_smile

I have that on too. the wife in watching something in the bedroom.  I won't her her hold the remote so she is in there holding onto one of her own.

11. Jerami profile image57

I'm not goina see the ball drop

12. profile image0

More coffee. You can do it!!!! big_smile

There is no balance with coffee at nite.  If I drink enoughto stay up , then I'll be up til mornin. Like that old exlax comercial that talks about prunes... Is four enough ... is five tooo many.   Well see about the ball droping.  I'm bettin on my eye lids goin first.

13. profile image0

Actually my cold is what's keeping me up; go figure. lol

1. profile image0

yikes

2. profile image0

but at least you look hot big_smile

3. Jerami profile image57

A big plate of chicken,beef,pork and shrimp combo fajitas and a jumbo frozen margarita with lime and salt puts me down early every time and the lime is good for colds.

14. profile image0

Okay, that would do it. big_smile

I need to lay down momentarily.  probably be bacc in a while.   Happy new year again everyone ...maybe I'll be back before 12 to say it again

15. profile image0

Okie dokie. big_smile

16. Jerami profile image57

Happy new year again everyone..  I think something out in the street  blew up a little bit ago and brought me out of my POWER nap. Just reviewed comments on this page and noticed I missed a couple of posts sorry Haunty & Ivorwen.  Some times thise thing go to fast for my slow mind and typing fingers that I miss seeing all the posts.  I apologise in advance for next time something flys past my awareness.

Haunty ..  all the Happy New years couldn't have been better. And Ivoren, I hadn't thought about it but I bet there was a government of some sort involved with the tower,
        It's getting ready to be happy new year again so happy new year west coast.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)